• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Listening to the Cubs getting blown out at home in an elimination game. I'm relieved this season is over though as I wasn't getting much sleep because of the games xD

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Following on from 'Forever miserable Frozocrone - part 4 the graduate years'

It's been two shifts and already I am done with the job. It's hurting me both physically and mentally. I seriously considered both (A) handing in my notice today and (B) walking out there and then and never looking back. The worst of it is that I need to stay at the job until I can find another job and I really don't want to be washing pots when the Xmas feasts begin.

I couldn't enjoy the stuff I used to love either. Food? No, I would just be cleaning up someone else's food anyway and the smell is nauseous at best. Everytime I come home I feel like I need to have a good long shower which isn't always going to be possible considering how late I could be.

Part 5 is now up.

The team and O had to clean up behind the dishwasher, the sink and shelves today as a big clean up.

Went to pull the sink away and the plumbing capsized.

Good hour and a nice pair of trainers wasted.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Losing my credit card, it getting swallowed up by an ATM

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Started vomiting late at night. I work in catering so will have to take time off and I am dreading the phone call to my boss.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I want higher pay and a little bit more hours. I'll have to stay at my job for more than 3 months to gain more experience and show loyalty in order to leave home. On the bright side, I'm better off but I feel really bad that I still live with my parents and haven't found the strength to leave until recently. I've been staying here for 2 years too long, it's about time I take charge of my life.
Following on from 'Forever miserable Frozocrone - part 4 the graduate years'

It's been two shifts and already I am done with the job. It's hurting me both physically and mentally. I seriously considered both (A) handing in my notice today and (B) walking out there and then and never looking back. The worst of it is that I need to stay at the job until I can find another job and I really don't want to be washing pots when the Xmas feasts begin.

I couldn't enjoy the stuff I used to love either. Food? No, I would just be cleaning up someone else's food anyway and the smell is nauseous at best. Everytime I come home I feel like I need to have a good long shower which isn't always going to be possible considering how late I could be.

Part 5 is now up.

The team and O had to clean up behind the dishwasher, the sink and shelves today as a big clean up.

Went to pull the sink away and the plumbing capsized.

Good hour and a nice pair of trainers wasted.

Started vomiting late at night. I work in catering so will have to take time off and I am dreading the phone call to my boss.
Oh geez, I sincerely hope you don't have a stomach flu or something. Please get better, you should take the day off if you're throwing up and don't feel well. :( I know how it feels to really detest your workplace. I know you're still waiting for a job to call you back and it isn't wise to leave a job without another one lined up but there's only so much that a person can take. Being employed is so rewarding, find ways to ease the stress and pain of being there. If you can't take it anymore at that place and it's really affecting you then you might have to take a risk... washing dishes all day bored is better than being mentally stressed and mistreated. I hope to hear some good news coming from you soon.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I want higher pay and a little bit more hours. I'll have to stay at my job for more than 3 months to gain more experience and show loyalty in order to leave home. On the bright side, I'm better off but I feel really bad that I still live with my parents and haven't found the strength to leave until recently. I've been staying here for 2 years too long, it's about time I take charge of my life.

Oh geez, I sincerely hope you don't have a stomach flu or something. Please get better, you should take the day off if you're throwing up and don't feel well. :( I know how it feels to really detest your workplace. I know you're still waiting for a job to call you back and it isn't wise to leave a job without another one lined up but there's only so much that a person can take. Being employed is so rewarding, find ways to ease the stress and pain of being there. If you can't take it anymore at that place and it's really affecting you then you might have to take a risk... washing dishes all day bored is better than being mentally stressed and mistreated. I hope to hear some good news coming from you soon.

I've stopped vomiting, so that's something xD

Still looking for new stuff though. I want to be out by Christmas because it will just be too busy. Hardly any of the staff cares about the job as it is (high turnover rate). I'm doing it mainly because it's better than being stuck on benefits but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it! Hopefully like within 10-20 years I'll be doing a job that I love.

On the flip side, despite my personality being reserved, I'm starting to gel more with the team and with the right atmosphere, it does make the time fly by a bit quicker. Just wish we didn't have a slacker in the team forcing people to be out later.

Last edited:

sorribii

There was a guy who lived down my road whose house I passed every day and he was like, _way_ too into pokemon. It got weird and kind of put me off pokemon for a bit. Every time I saw him he'd be going super overboard with fandom stuff and it sucked.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Another bad shift. Saturday's are horrible especially when we get no help from the chefs who instead dump their **** on us. Ended up with back pain.

Sunday's are worse and I'm in that day too. I'm hoping this back pain subsides before I go in.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
This is a week thing, but I currently have to write two long essay's and create a Power Point Spanish assignment by Monday and I haven't even started. I also thought I'd start my job by the time USUM came out but it's not looking like that so I might have to borrow the money

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
This past week I had to memorize a five page script for my new job.

@Frozocrone: Where I live, there are tons of job openings. If you don't like your job, try LinkedIn and monster.com. I had my resume on both and would get at least 10 recruiters emailing me a day.

satopi

@Frozocrone: Where I live, there are tons of job openings. If you don't like your job, try LinkedIn and monster.com. I had my resume on both and would get at least 10 recruiters emailing me a day.
Indeed is more useful & widely used. To me, LinkedIn no longer seems as great as it once was. Feels like most of those job postings are old and the layout is unappealing. Same with monster, I don't like the search engine and layout. And I don't like getting spammed irrelevant information if I give them my email address. And besides, there are links from other job sites that post on Indeed.

satopi

(sorry for the double post)

Today was a really good day but one of my biggest fears just came true. Though this may have been a sign saying, "You have nothing to lose now!"

AmethystLeslie

Ugh, I've been spoiled on tiny parts of USUM, part of it my fault, part of it just looking at the usual sites I go to. Just makes me worried that another spoiler, however minor and not officially revealed might hit me at any moment.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
We need to get a Misdreavus to follow people around and awaken the clock to horror and stagnation! I guess night can be scary, because the Pokemon world has a specifically archived place for ghosts, or even Dragons of the day that make you afraid to initiate change, to confront your inner demons and so forth, or perhaps even Charizard torments you as the true devil all day!

Ugh, I've been spoiled on tiny parts of USUM, part of it my fault, part of it just looking at the usual sites I go to. Just makes me worried that another spoiler, however minor and not officially revealed might hit me at any moment.

Kinda this for me. I've had two things spoiled for me - fortunately I saw those ones coming a mile off - but I've been heavily restricting what I do on the internet to avoid getting spoiled and it kinda sucks. I just wish that people would show some respect to those who don't want spoilers and keep them out of the titles and thumbnails of YouTube videos, put a spoiler warning if they're posting on Instagram (via a first image with "spoiler warning" on it) an so on.

satopi

Just broke down crying at work . I'm still a wreck and only 4 more hours to go.. i think only one of my coworkers saw me crying. The higher ups just had to be a holes today. Seriously, what the f am I still doing here?! I have a thought but it's risky...

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Just broke down crying at work . I'm still a wreck and only 4 more hours to go.. i think only one of my coworkers saw me crying. The higher ups just had to be a holes today. Seriously, what the f am I still doing here?! I have a thought but it's risky...

Walk out?

*Palpatine impression commences*

DEW IT

Feel you though. I've not yet cried but sometimes I am close to just shouting at the chefs in frustration.

This past week I had to memorize a five page script for my new job.

I've been looking for ages already. I've never liked it but only do it because the government would be on me for voluntary leaving a job without good reason.

Today was the straw that broke the camels back for me though. We had close to two hundred people that had booked in for a meal today, which wasn't helped by the plumbing breaking down again so we were down on both dishwashers until 4pm. Turns out most people were booked in for the evening so we were playing catch up all night long. Then management decided that we should do a deep clean (so the fridges, behind the ovens, everything) which gave us even more stuff to do. Chefs then decided to chuck some stuff they were supposed to be doing into our area so we had to do them, not to mention management started shaking their heads at our messy area compared to the clean kitchens, not considering that we had also been running around for the the chefs collecting them food so they didn't have to, or that there were less of us, who now had to use the dishwashers for the oven stuff, putting us further behind. Then the chefs started to get on our case for not picking up the pace, despite having to do everyone's stuff.

It was just hell today and really highlighted the lack of appreciation that we get on most days. I think I'm going to prepare my resignation letter so I can just edit it as and when.

satopi

Walk out?

*Palpatine impression commences*

DEW IT

Feel you though. I've not yet cried but sometimes I am close to just shouting at the chefs in frustration.
No, even better, QUIT! :) I wish I could yell in frustration at some people in power... who aren't chefs. Those I can risk yelling at. :p

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Today a wasp got the better of me. You could say that stung.

Hearing this woman call people 'guys' over an over again on this video i was watching.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. WHY WOULD YOU SAY A WORD SOOO MEAN??!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU SAYING YOU LIKE VIOLENCE OR SOMETHING? OR YOU THINK LOVE IS WEAKNESS? whywhywhywhy....

Never thought the day where I'd be out of touch with internet insults would come. When did "guys" become a derogatory term now? I've seen the rise of a lot of dumb terms become insults over the last couple of years, but this one just confuses me. Not trying to bust anyone here, I'm legitimately curious as how that word became an initiation of violence.