• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
My bus to take me to Walmart didn't arrive until well after 4 PM. It was supposed to be here between 3:30 and 4. Upon getting on the bus I found out they had picked up other people before me, and because there were two other stops I didn't get to the store until it was almost time to go home.

Then I entered into arguments with my dad and brother over getting a later uber home - they would not agree to it even though it was not my fault I was late. My brother won't even help me sue the bus service.

I had not been able to go to Walmart the past few weeks, I was looking forward to it then this happens. I'm very upset.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
My dad randomly bringing up my attraction to the same sex, calling me a faggot, and to not bring my crush over his house (as well as a few other comments focusing on genitals like I'm attracted to my crush merely because of their genitals) And I just got over my crush and moved on since nothing is going to happen. It was completely random of him to bring that up like it means anything but I guess it was because his old pastor died the other day and I don't remember every single person I ever encountered. I swear my dad ain't satisfied with anything I do unless it directly benefits him like giving him hotel discounts. Well, that didn't ruin my fun night!

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
THE HEAT!!! We're going through a massive heat wave. Our tops are currently beating the hottest place in my country AND I LIVE IN ONE OF THE COLDER PARTS.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not being able to sleep, and getting food poisoning from last night's pie

satopi

I was having a great day of self loving at the mall until right when I was about to get a Lyft, there was a shooting a few feet away from me... it's only been 2 hours but I can't help thinking nor talking about it. I'm still a bit out of breath.... maybe watching some Pokémon will make me feel better. Either I have dumb luck for not getting injured or unfortunate for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wish I had someone to hold me... at least my brothers are glad that I'm ok. Pokémon has always been there for me in my darkest times. And some rest will help. I'm so glad nobody got seriously injured or killed.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I was having a great day of self loving at the mall until right when I was about to get a Lyft, there was a shooting a few feet away from me... it's only been 2 hours but I can't help thinking nor talking about it. I'm still a bit out of breath.... maybe watching some Pokémon will make me feel better. Either I have dumb luck for not getting injured or unfortunate for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wish I had someone to hold me... at least my brothers are glad that I'm ok. Pokémon has always been there for me in my darkest times. And some rest will help. I'm so glad nobody got seriously injured or killed.

Was that the one in Illinois?

satopi

Was that the one in Illinois?
Nope. Maryland. Honestly, it wasn't even a horrific shooting. 1 person got shot and injured but when you're actually there, you have no clue whether the gunman would shot more people. The only thing in your mind is getting the heck out of there alive, or at least, that's what I was thinking at the time. This was at a mall. I was so close to the actual shooting that I was thinking the worse case scenario.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Sounds terrifying, good thing you got out of there. Hope the injured guy is alright.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
How I felt with this really scary migraine I woke up with today was really awful for me :(

I messaged raichu about it. I hope he can come on and pm me for awhile, i'm really tired, but talking might relax me, cuz going back to bed scares me right now....

I'm gonna keep praying something like this isn't going to happen again in the future...

I am going to tell about the worst part of my day that occurred back around 10 PM Pacific Time this past Wednesday (February 13th 2019), along with some background leading up to it.

On Wednesday nights since the 2nd of January of this year, I have been watching a show called The Masked Singer. During the second episode, one of the performers caught my eye. This performer was known as The Alien. She became my favorite out of all the performers. I was hoping she would win over all, however during the end this past Wednesday's episode, she ended up getting the least number of votes so she went out. This led to me having a disappointed mood from around 10 PM Pacific Time Wednesday night to a good portion of Thursday.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It’s been exactly six years since my mom died from stage four inoperable lung cancer. And it constantly reminds me that a week from now will also be when my best friend started to hate me and refused to acknowledge my existence and led me into an extremely severe state of depression. You can be prepared for the death of a loved one and the grievance period but there is literally nothing that can help you be prepared for grieving the loss of the friendship with someone that promised to always be your friend.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The worst and best part of my day today lol is I went great pain-stakingly lengths to complete a certain task today. Let's say my fingers aren't exactly straight-lined lol at times and I think at one time my arm collapsed lol and I think I exercised a certain muscle I haven't exercised in a long time, I think this because I felt a certain type of strong surging pain in my abdomen lol. But on the other hand, I think I'll have a good sleep tonight. The more pain, exercise-wise, your body takes, the better you sleep and the more refreshing water becomes. It's a kind of tiresome ache throughout your body, the kind that turns rich, middle and poor into equals, having no care in the world of their possessions, the people around them, they want to give up but they have to complete the task at hand or the consequences are dire and that's their only focus, and suddenly the world around them just feels like it's just there. That's it. It's just there. Nothing special, nothing wondrous, it's just there. But to be honest I bet my little task is nothing compared to all your experiences considering how I've noticed a lot of you people like to exercise.

Nyter

Island Challenger
As I got home... one hour into settling down at home, my job calls and one of the third shift guys was frantic about one of the fuel truck not turning off. The ignition starter broke so I had to calm him down and then talk him through how to manually disconnect the battery. The fact that he called dint bother me but that franticness over nothing and not letting me instruct him... and I am very tolerate and patient but whoo good thing is was just that and not a fire otherwise he's be passing out

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've been feeling depressed all afternoon, thinking that I'm never going to find more in life than my current 15-hour-a-week job, due to being both disabled and license-less (forever). As well as the fact that I live in a 1-bedroom apartment with 5 other, oftentimes, noisy people.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The air conditioning in my apartment has been busted for the past week, and the heat is unbearable in the afternoon when I get home from work. I plan on getting it fixed later this week when I get paid, but I'm also worried about possibly not having enough money to pay for that or my bills this month due to my expenses building up; just this morning I had to get a new smartphone after my old one got its screen damaged by a truck that ran it over after it fell from my pocket, so I'm feeling stressed out.

satopi

Life is so miserable. I feel as though my string of hope and happiness is about to break and never to be repaired. Work is making me feel like a machine and stressing me out with their BS. They won’t let me leave since they need me. I do need the money but it’s also conflicting with school. Schoolwork, while I enjoy it, is a handful but it’s hard balancing between working and school full time. I haven’t gotten my driver’s license yet merely because I don’t have a car. It’s been months since I’ve drove and I feel like my confidence is low. They won’t let me buy my own car since I don’t have my driver’s license. None of my family really cares about understanding my issues even when I had a heart to heart conversation with them (for once) and they make it all about themselves and my dad wonders why I don’t open up to him, especially when he asks what job do I want once I get my degree and my answers aren’t satisfying so he picks a job for me. They’re too invested in their own BS to care. I’m merely just someone to pay their bills and clean up after everyone. His favorite and only wanted child graduated from high school yesterday and the kid gets university paid for by their super supportive parents and family, has their license, has a bank account and money, and is going for a good major. I’m happy for them and it reminds me of how I thought my life would turn out before graduation, but not everyone gets the easy road. And yes I am envious but I can’t change the past, I can only persevere and somewhat find a way to be happy long term. As much as I try to turn my life around for the better and to always think positive, I’m only holding my breath before eventually drowning, or until I finally reach the surface. Maybe it’s better to just get into debt and isolate myself from everyone for my own happiness. But that is merely just a dream, not reality.

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Tuesday I spent all day at work fixing broken registers. A company had come in after hours and installed some new mounts to make registers adjustable. They didn't put all the cables back just right plus plenty of other problems from not properly shutting down equipment.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
....I’m merely just someone to pay their bills and clean up after everyone....
You give them some tough love and stop paying their bills and tell them that they'll clean up their own messes, because they can do it. Now you're just enabling them to continue using you, but is that how you want other people to treat you as well? *splashes some cold water on satopi*

Someone else, which obviously is not me, also forgot that the future is now and changing that future doesn't happen by drifting through the internet all day. :p On the positive side, I found the article I searched for and wrote... 1 line for my actual task during the past hour... plus the words on search engine! I deserve an applause for being this inefficient... *claps so that nobody will notice the silence*