• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
Basically had an anxiety attack at work and had to make a random excuse to leave because I couldn’t take it anymore

I'm sorry to hear that. What was the trigger? I've had a few anxiety attacks myself in the past whenever I'm in very crowded places, like this one time when I went to an anime convention and I got sudden claustrophobia. It ruined the whole experience for me.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm sorry to hear that. What was the trigger? I've had a few anxiety attacks myself in the past whenever I'm in very crowded places, like this one time when I went to an anime convention and I got sudden claustrophobia. It ruined the whole experience for me.
Like you said it was basically because I was in a highly crowded area (the train was crowded as well this morning going there) and when I got to work it was it was no better. It’s two days before Christmas so everyone was in a rush and generally nasty and unfortunately I was the only one on the register with a ton of other stuff to do while ringing. Between the long lines, my managers micro managing me and the customers it was just too much stress. Thank you for taking your time out to listen and I appreciate it. I’m sorry to hear about your experience getting ruined as well.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
My dad is in the hospital again, he had trouble breathing earlier this morning

Edit: now he is dead of a heart attack

Last edited:

juiccbox

Idiot Extraordinaire
Eating too many donuts and nearly throwing up

Why did I do that

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Well I had a terrible day today lol... Won't go into detail but I do sometimes wonder if evil is not as grey as one thinks.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I learned today that a special internship that I was supposed to be involved in this summer will likely be cancelled given the state of things. It was very important to me, but now I've got to change my plans. The only bright side is that it would've involved moving for a couple of months, but now I won't have to bother doing that. I try to look at the silver lining even when disaster strikes.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Who else is bored as hell in quarantine rn?
Definitely. Not only bored but my anxiety has been flaring up a lot lately. Both of my employers are still active through the locdown so I still have to go to work six days a week, and both jobs are busier now than ever before, so I'm under a crazy amount of stress, but all of my usual avenues for escapism and emotional support that I would fall back on in times of extreme stress and anxiety have been stopped, and all of my friends and social circles are just words on my computer screen now.
The UK's lockdown has been going for a week, it's planned for two more weeks and then the government will review the situation and decide whether or not to extend. But so far there's been no progress in controlling the virus here. I've been checking official data every day, deaths and new infections are constantly rising, but there have been no new recoveries whatsoever in the six days since our lockdown started, so I'm worried this will go on for months and months and months.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Definitely. Not only bored but my anxiety has been flaring up a lot lately. Both of my employers are still active through the locdown so I still have to go to work six days a week, and both jobs are busier now than ever before, so I'm under a crazy amount of stress, but all of my usual avenues for escapism and emotional support that I would fall back on in times of extreme stress and anxiety have been stopped, and all of my friends and social circles are just words on my computer screen now.
The UK's lockdown has been going for a week, it's planned for two more weeks and then the government will review the situation and decide whether or not to extend. But so far there's been no progress in controlling the virus here. I've been checking official data every day, deaths and new infections are constantly rising, but there have been no new recoveries whatsoever in the six days since our lockdown started, so I'm worried this will go on for months and months and months.
My works shut down so that’s pretty annoying.Plus I got lots of people living with me rn so lots of people to clean up after.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Earlier on Wednesday night, I tried to have a tutoring session with someone (while I'm the tutor), and there were so many technical difficulties, that it couldn't work. So after trying and failing to connect, the person wanted to email me the questions, but I still wanted to maintain the conversation in the chat box that you normally have below the video service. I was trying to tell them how to approach the answers, but I got no response from them. After talking to the support team about the technical problems, they suggested I offer them a do-over lesson. I did, and at 11:30 PM tonight, I read the chat box, and they tell me how disappointed they were with me. This makes me feel defeated, but I'm also a bit upset that I was trying to maintain the lesson in the chat rather than having to refresh the email to communicate answers. Perhaps I was being a bit nit-picky, but I was trying to also help them, and they never really replied in the chat window. Overall, this was a bad experience, and I don't think our communication was good. I don't get paid for this one, but I wouldn't feel comfortable excepting a paid bust anyway.