• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I have a final coming up and a massive headache because I've been studying since 3 o clock. I'm not the most studious or academically gifted person but I really want an A in my precalc class (which will give me two A's and a B) and I feel like I'm killing myself studying 8+ for seven days.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This happened a couple of weeks ago but I seriously need to vent because man, never had a person gotten me so mad to the point where I cried.

I work in a doctor’s office. I am an MA (Medical Assistan) and I had this one patient who was incredibly rude to me from the get go and I could tell that from the minute I brought her in. She was coming in for a new patient physical. I start going over her medical history with her. When I get to her family history, she refuses to answer The questions. She starts yelling at me, telling me, “I’m here for my 9:45 appointment for bloodwork and this is the treatment I’m getting?” She was ranting about about how she had to fill out paperwork (like um, you’re a new patien, any doctors office will have you filling out paperwork but okay sure, whatever you say). After that, I got her vital signs and as I was about to draw her blood, she asks, “I don’t want you drawing my blood, I want the nurse to.” (because apparently I pissed her off so mcuh by just doing my job) but if that is what you want, I have someone else come in. I went to my supervisor and told her about what was going on and she went in to finish for me. She told me this woman said, and I quote, “asking about my family history is like comparing me to someone else on the street. Plus, I’m not here for my family, I’m here for me. I’m healthy, I’m a vegan.” (yeah sure because vegans aren’t susceptible to other ailemts, like high cholesterol and high blood pressure)

At my office, we only use paper gowns because of the pandemic. My coworker gives her a gown so she can do her ekg and leaves the room. When she comes back in, this woman had ripped the gown and threw it across the room and screamed, ”what kind of doctors office uses paper gowns?!”

When she left the pffice, she slammed the door open and stormed out, showing our IT guy, who was working on a computer in the hallway out of her way as she left.

This woman is the ultimate definition of a Karen, even more so than one I had at my previous job. I jusy don’t understand why there some people out there like this, who just have a terrible personality and want to every other person in the world miserable. Luckily, because of this encounter, she is no longer welcome in our office. The head doctor and our office mamager agreed to send her a discharge letter (to which, I say good riddance, Karen. You will not be missed!)

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I totally forgot to bring my drink with me to work and I didn't have time to stop anywhere. So I had to go the whole morning until lunch time til I could get something to drink. Wasn't the first time unfortunately that I did this.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Don’t you love it when you purchase something and they were 9 numbers off to where it’s supposed to be delivered.

Meowtastic

Not today in particular since it's my day off, but anytime I have to be at work is the worst part of my day. My boss is constantly crapping on me and my coworkers, except her favorites of course. Plus we're super short staffed from her angry-ing away all our employees, so I'm doing like a ton of other peoples' work on top of mine. PLUS I was off for a very super sick leave for 2 weeks and she didn't have anyone cover for me, so I'm doing other peoples' work on top of mine on top of a 2 week backlog.

Meowtastic

This happened a couple of weeks ago but I seriously need to vent because man, never had a person gotten me so mad to the point where I cried.

I work in a doctor’s office. I am an MA (Medical Assistan) and I had this one patient who was incredibly rude to me from the get go and I could tell that from the minute I brought her in. She was coming in for a new patient physical. I start going over her medical history with her. When I get to her family history, she refuses to answer The questions. She starts yelling at me, telling me, “I’m here for my 9:45 appointment for bloodwork and this is the treatment I’m getting?” She was ranting about about how she had to fill out paperwork (like um, you’re a new patien, any doctors office will have you filling out paperwork but okay sure, whatever you say). After that, I got her vital signs and as I was about to draw her blood, she asks, “I don’t want you drawing my blood, I want the nurse to.” (because apparently I pissed her off so mcuh by just doing my job) but if that is what you want, I have someone else come in. I went to my supervisor and told her about what was going on and she went in to finish for me. She told me this woman said, and I quote, “asking about my family history is like comparing me to someone else on the street. Plus, I’m not here for my family, I’m here for me. I’m healthy, I’m a vegan.” (yeah sure because vegans aren’t susceptible to other ailemts, like high cholesterol and high blood pressure)

At my office, we only use paper gowns because of the pandemic. My coworker gives her a gown so she can do her ekg and leaves the room. When she comes back in, this woman had ripped the gown and threw it across the room and screamed, ”what kind of doctors office uses paper gowns?!”

When she left the pffice, she slammed the door open and stormed out, showing our IT guy, who was working on a computer in the hallway out of her way as she left.

This woman is the ultimate definition of a Karen, even more so than one I had at my previous job. I jusy don’t understand why there some people out there like this, who just have a terrible personality and want to every other person in the world miserable. Luckily, because of this encounter, she is no longer welcome in our office. The head doctor and our office mamager agreed to send her a discharge letter (to which, I say good riddance, Karen. You will not be missed!)
Man oh man, I also work for a hospital. I love me some angry patient stories. We just had one recently who was throwing a huge fit because they said they had a court order to take their meds and needed them refilled. The doctor asked for the list of medications, or whatever and the patient refused and said we should KNOW what meds they take (this patient just moved to our state, we have never seen this patient in our lives). Ended up flipping out on the doctor and stormed out. We tried to call them for something and they wanted us to send them a new insurance card. We explained that they have to call the insurance for that, we're a hospital and we don't give out insurance cards. Patient flipped out, cussed the nurse out and hung up. They actually came back the very next day when another brave doctor tried to take one for the team and help the patient. Patient flipped out on this doctor too because patient didn't want to wear a mask. Ran out the room, knocked everything off the nurses' table, then ran out of the office.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Getting a horrible call at work that my father, who has been sick with pneumonia for a month now, took a turn for the worst and is dying now. I’m devastated right now :(

Update: He passed early this morning.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I had to tolerate heavy rain and wind at my workplace at a supermarket where i throw out cardboard boxes into a automatic compactor. No fun chasing flying cardboard boxes when a lot of shopping carts are waiting line. Got wet socks after 4 hours all morning. I work alone at this job at work.

I HATE RAINY DAYS. :(

xEryChan

Demon Child
Getting woken up at two in the morning as a result of a Thunderstorm. It was really loud and I ended up jumping in my bed as a result.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't feel my absolute best right now. I doubt I have COVID, but this is not the time I like to be under the weather.

It might have something to do with allergies, or maybe it'll pass in due time. We'll see.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
First day of school. Found out that one of my friends is only taking one class, and that’s it. :(

And I’m not in it.

PsychoLogical

Subway Red Line derailed earlier today and was put out of service for at least the rest of the day, had to get back home from college through a shuttle bus. How fking fun.

(Talking about the MBTA Subway. To get bit of a clue, I'm from Boston, USA and MBTA or "The T" is what public transportation is referred to here)

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Contemplating why I or anyone else even bothers to try to continue with life when we’ll never be allowed to live life anymore, at least not any life worth living.

PsychoLogical

My Iphone crashed and reseted itself for whatever reason. I lost nearly half a year of data on this piece of crap cause of me forgetting to do another icloud backup as a result.

FML.