1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Xbox Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by floatzel98, Dec 8, 2011.

1. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

I realized that there wasn't an actual thread for the xbox here (or the PS3). here you can talk about xbox. The original or the new ones. Or things on Xbox live.

What are your guys opinions on the new dashboard? i really like it at the moment. it has a lot more features like the beacons. the only things i don't like about it so far is the advertisements and how it always comes up with the notification when your friend starts playing the game you are. i find it quite annoying

I still own the first xbox, but i hardly ever play it anymore. sometimes my sister plays a game on it but that's all.

2. If you don't own an LCD/HDTV, the new dashboard looks absolutely horrendous. Guess what I don't own~
    Everything is crushed together, the color scheme is atrocious, and Games is the fourth section over? What? I mean, it's probably great if you have a Kinect, but if you don't own a Kinect or a nice TV, it's absolutely awful.

Ohyeah. My 360's disk drive died on me about a month ago, I think I mentioned that here. Since then I bought a 360 off my sister's friend for $50 and it works just fine. However, I have not played it in the week that I've had it.

3. Slick

Slick Banned

I game primarily on my Xbox -- this thread will fail.

4. I've mostly migrated to Steam, to be honest. Now that I have a machine, albeit a laptop, that can run everything I want to play at the moment, the only reason I still have my Xbox is for the exclusives I own, party/music/trivia games, and ones that I know my PC can't run. x:

5. Night Shadow

Night Shadow BRRAAP BRRAAP

I usually play all my shit on the xbox.

6. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I play Xbox despite the PS3 being better. I've yet to update but I hear it's trash.

7. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

Outside of ad placement, it's fine.

8. Slick

Slick Banned

Yeah, I like the update, besides the ads.

9. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

I think that the new dashboard (or I guess it's called Home now?) is cool, aside from all the ads like you guys said. The Becaons are pretty cool idea, too. I have Kinect so it makes the Dashboard a lot easier to use because almost everything can be used with voice commands via Kinect.

Oh, and floatzel98, I'm pretty sure that it only notifys you when you're friends are playing a game when you set that as your Beacon, so if you don't like it, than you don't have to have any game set on the Beacon.

10. Night Shadow

How long does it take to download the new update?

11. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

12. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

Took me a minute. The longer you wait to download it, the less people are downloading it the same time as you are.

13. Night Shadow

I guess I'll have to start playing xbox at 3 in the morning to ensure a less wait time.

14. Slick

Slick Banned

...that's not what he means at all. He means that right after an update comes out, there's high-traffic due to people wanting the update. Later on, most people will already have the update.

15. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

Yeah the 360 is my main console since i sold my Wii. I haven't downloaded the dashboard update yet as I don't actually have the means to connect to LIVE atm.(Internet plus takes up only Ethernet port.) I've never liked the big xbox exclusives(Halo and Gears), but I needed a console that got the general multi platform games(Tekken, Proper Fifa ect) and the 360 was cheaper than a PS3.(And after playing a PS3 I like everything better about the 360 other than MS points.)

16. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

yeah im still trying it out. i never eally look at my dashboard anyway because i set my xbox to take me straight to the game. and does the kinect make the xbox with the new update any better or can you just do a couple things differently

17. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

Well, either way you still have the same dashboard with or without Kinect. The main difference is the voice commands you can do with the Kinect so than you don't have to navigate the dashboard using the controller.

18. theswweet

theswweet swweet is awesomme!

I was in the dashboard BETA... and it was meh.

Same here, meh... except more ads.

My Xbox is pretty much my Forza Box, and my PS3 is for everything else.

19. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

Always on xbox when I'm not working or at school or out randomly.
    :)
    GT is Catalepsi.. hit me up. x)

My xbox anyways is a piece of shit. Red rings all the time and freezes.

20. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

There is a way to remove the ads.

I never really like the Xbox to be honest however that is mostly just down to the
    fact the exclusive games are not to my taste.