• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Xbox Thread

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
All ready put them on my ignore list(very helpful tool)

New topic: Has anyone noticed that a few Play Station exculsive games(correct me if I'm wrong) popped up on the xbox in the last few years(Armored Core and Tekken are the 2 main games I can think of.)

Tekken 6 is the main reason why I sold my Wii and bought a new console. X360 was cheaper at the time so I went fr it. But it sucks I can't get Tekken Hybrid.

And I would think MGS would be the main one...

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
All ready put them on my ignore list(very helpful tool)

New topic: Has anyone noticed that a few Play Station exculsive games(correct me if I'm wrong) popped up on the xbox in the last few years(Armored Core and Tekken are the 2 main games I can think of.)

Its to make more money. Console exclusives by 3rd party developers are very rare nowadays unless you are an idie developer or the company pays you to make the game exclusively for the system. Like Mass Effect 1.

Xbox 360 had a bigger market at the time than the PS3 so they sold Tekken 6 on both systems to make more money.

They could do it in the PS2 days because there was so much PS2 domination on the market. It didn't help that Nintendo had a bad relationship with 3rd Party developers and the Xbox just joined the market in 6th gen.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Tekken 6 is the main reason why I sold my Wii and bought a new console. X360 was cheaper at the time so I went fr it. But it sucks I can't get Tekken Hybrid.

Ya tekken six has some issues and wii has a lot of good games(big issue with tekken six for me was beating nancy I had to look it up on youtube most people have trouble with customizing their characters for the campaign and online lag.)

Its to make more money. Console exclusives by 3rd party developers are very rare nowadays unless you are an idie developer or the company pays you to make the game exclusively for the system. Like Mass Effect 1.

They could do it in the PS2 days because there was so much PS2 domination on the market. It didn't help that Nintendo had a bad relationship with 3rd Party developers and the Xbox just joined the market in 6th gen.

That makes sense although you would think they would try to compete with each other over who has more/better exculsive games.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Ya tekken six has some issues and wii has a lot of good games(big issue with tekken six for me was beating nancy I had to look it up on youtube most people have trouble with customizing their characters for the campaign and online lag.)

Online lag was my only problem. 3 of roger jr's windmill punches dealt with Nancy easily enough. Besides that's not really a game issue anyway. And ive never experienced any customization trouble either.

That makes sense although you would think they would try to compete with each other over who has more/better exculsive games.

The only games worth being exclusive really are the ones that can sell consoles(Halo/God of War kinda games.) Despite my personal example, Tekken 6 generally isn't the game that would sell consoles, so it's gotta do it's best to sell itself. So multi platform it is. Which begs the question why cant I get Tekken Hybrid on 360 :(

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Which begs the question why cant I get Tekken Hybrid on 360 :(

Could be a deal between Namco and Sony. Other then that they could just be idiots.

ThisIsPatrick

I just got a xbox 360 for christmas and with it i got Black Ops, Red dead Redemption, WWE 12 and Nfs Shift 2 unleashed. Does anyone know of any FPS like Black OPs? And any good car racing games?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
You can get other CoD games like MW3 which is the newest or other games like BF3. I dont know what good racing games would be but you have need for speed, forza motorsports other things

Larry

I'd get BF3. I haven't played it myself but I've heard it's a really good game.

Chris

Old Coot
A lot of achievements are being dedicated to MP, which is a problem IMO. Online achievements are not harder, but can be automatically unattainable to those without LIVE/PSN(me atm)
Except...PSN isn't a service you pay for like Live and as long as you have an internet connection, you can get online Trophies without any hassle. It's the 360 that effectively blocks you off from half of the content you paid for in a full game unless you pay Microsoft to play online.

Tekken 6 is the main reason why I sold my Wii and bought a new console. X360 was cheaper at the time so I went fr it.
If you had said something like Virtua Fighter or Mortal Kombat, it'd be understandable. But Tekken? Not a bright decision.

You can get other CoD games like MW3 which is the newest or other games like BF3. I dont know what good racing games would be but you have need for speed, forza motorsports other things

Okay :) BF3 sounds cool. So does Forza ;)
>No mention of Blur or Daytona USA
For shame.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Except...PSN isn't a service you pay for like Live and as long as you have an internet connection, you can get online Trophies without any hassle. It's the 360 that effectively blocks you off from half of the content you paid for in a full game unless you pay Microsoft to play online.

That may be easy for you to say. But my problem right now isn't lack of Gold membership, I just can't connect to LIVE at all since I moved house. I can only assume I would have the same problem with PSN.

If you had said something like Virtua Fighter or Mortal Kombat, it'd be understandable. But Tekken? Not a bright decision.

That is personal opinion any way you look at it. Ive been a fan of Tekken since the first, and so I was naturally exited for Tekken 6. I was happy with it, ive played it countless times. Never been interested in Virtua Fighter. As for MK, I bought MK vs DC. My opinion(and the opinion of many others) is that it was bad. MK9 I can't get because it is banned here. Even If I could it's still only my third fav fighting game franchise after Tekken and Soulcalibur.

>No mention of Blur or Daytona USA
For shame.

Blur is a very, very good game. By far my fav racer on the 360.

Chris

Old Coot
That may be easy for you to say. But my problem right now isn't lack of Gold membership, I just can't connect to LIVE at all since I moved house. I can only assume I would have the same problem with PSN.
Like I said, it's more of as long as you have an online connection. Simply pointing out PSN is a whole other ballpark from Xbox Live, where you need an internet connection and have to pay a subscription fee to be able to play your games online.

That is personal opinion any way you look at it. Ive been a fan of Tekken since the first, and so I was naturally exited for Tekken 6. I was happy with it, ive played it countless times. Never been interested in Virtua Fighter. As for MK, I bought MK vs DC. My opinion(and the opinion of many others) is that it was bad. MK9 I can't get because it is banned here. Even If I could it's still only my third fav fighting game franchise after Tekken and Soulcalibur.
Tekken is more or less the poor man's version of Virtua Fighter. As for MK vs DC, yeah, no one would recommend that. I also forgot that MK9 was pretty much banned from Australia. I don't suppose you can even import it without customs taking it, can you?

Soul Calibur used to be a series worth getting a system for. Used to. It's all downhill from the third game.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Like I said, it's more of as long as you have an online connection. Simply pointing out PSN is a whole other ballpark from Xbox Live, where you need an internet connection and have to pay a subscription fee to be able to play your games online.

Tekken is more or less the poor man's version of Virtua Fighter. As for MK vs DC, yeah, no one would recommend that. I also forgot that MK9 was pretty much banned from Australia. I don't suppose you can even import it without customs taking it, can you?

Soul Calibur used to be a series worth getting a system for. Used to. It's all downhill from the third game.

Popular doesn't always mean better(just look at the transformers movie franchise), but I'm almost certain Tekken is far more popular than VF. Which re enforces the idea that VF>Tekken is your opinion, and far from accepted fact. Having played some VF, my opinion is that it is a poor man's Tekken. I enjoyed SCIV too(despite the money grabbing addition of Yoda), just waiting to see how SCV turns out now. Besides while Tekken/SC were the first 360 games I bought, 90%+ of my entire 360 collection is made up of games I couldn't get on Wii. So even if I hated those games, the 360 still would have been a worthy purchase.

Also the Australian customs seem to be diverting lots of attention to finding copies of MK9 being imported. More so than the security of our nation it seems at times. -_-

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I don't even understand how they're doing that really? Are they opening every box that says "video games" or "digital media" or something? Honestly..

Neither do I tbh. It seems it would be easy enough to trick them with a Hannah Montana game cover or something if you have a friend overseas, but I don't want MK9 bad enough to risk the absurd fine they're giving for importing it.