• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The XD FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
CLOSED as we are redoing this thread in the FAQ section - bobandbill. :)

Since the XD Question thread is clumped and nobody bothers to find their answers through all the pages, I'm purging that thread and compiling all the frequent asked questions here.

PLEASE read this first post (come on, it's just one) to see if your question's been covered before asking it. I will add more to this post as more facts are raised. Also, things that are covered by the site will not be posted here again, unless some require further explanation.

DO NOT ask for advice here such as which Eevee to evolve into or what pokemons you should use on your team. DO NOT bother inquiring about my own game status (as of how many pokemons I've transferred to the GBA or what move sets I use) since I've put away the game, and mostly this thead is not about me.

And I'll put this right up here, since many people ask about this.
Q: Does shadow Lugia regains its normal colour after purification?
A: Yes, so please stop asking. The main site and generally everywhere else has this piece of info.

NOTE: I will delete the posts in this thread which have been answered (or if they already have been answered) so as not to clog this up too much. Forgive me if I can't give credit to the members who helped to answer some of the questions but this is just not to clog the FAQ too much. Those left undeleted either cannot been ascertained yet, or will be dealt with later. Some I left them there with my answers to that post since those are not general questions and shouldn't really go to the FAQ.

The walkthrough
The shadow pokemon list & who owns them
The shadow attack list
The XD exclusive move list
The Shiny Pokemon FAQ

1) Is XD a sequel to Colosseum?
Yes, XD takes place in Orre 5 years after the plot in Colosseum.

2) Are the old places still there?
With the exception of the Under City and Deep Colosseum, all the old places are there, with minimal changes done such as the people living there and some overworld pokemons have evolved (eg. the Torchic in one of Agate's house is now a Combusken).

3) What are the new places?
See here

4) What are the functions of P*DA in XD?
See here. Basically the major new addition is the Pokespot checker which monitors your pokesnack at the Pokespots.

5) Did any of the Colosseum characters return?
The two main characters Wes and Rui, did not. Evice, Nascour, Venus, Dakim and Ein did not either, but Miror B and his two underlings did, as well as Team Snagem and its leader, Gonzap.

All the other supporting characters mainly did, such as Eagun and his wife Beluh in Agate, Duking, the Sheriff and policeman in Pyrite, and all the Kid's Network children return as teenagers who are now in charge of the TV station, ONBS.

6) Is the music different in XD?
As far as I can tell, all the old places use the same theme, and of course the new places have new themes. And no, I don't think any of them are remixed of the GBA game ones. The Miror B theme seems different than in Colosseum, but exactly how I can't describe.

7) Does the Masterball glitch still work?
No, it doesn't anymore.

8) When is trading possible?
Like in Colosseum, you have to beat the boss (Greevil in this case) once and see the credits roll once first before you can trade with the GBA games. The trading is still done at the underground floor of the Phenac Pokemon Center. Like in FRLG and Emerald, you cannot trade over a Deoxys or Mew unless it is legitimately caught at the Birth Island and Faraway Island.

Shadow pokemons, eggs, and pokemons holding either a mail or the enigma berry cannot be traded. Fainted pokemons cannot be traded either. Shadow Lugia XD001 follows this trading rule, and since it returns to its normal colour after purification, you can't trade the 'cool' looking Lugia to the GBA games.

9) Are there single battles in XD?
As far as I can remember, there is only 2 single battles in XD. The first one being your battle against Chobin at Dr. Kaminko's lab, and the second one being your fight against the Cipher Peon Naps who sends out the shadow Teddiursa which you couldn't actually fight but must throw a pokeball to snag. Afterwards, all battles are double ones.

10) What does your sister, Jovi, do?
Jovi is mainly involved in the earlier game play. You have to find her at Dr. Kaminko's lab at the beginning, and after Prof. Krane is kidnapped, she travels with you as a companion to the Gateon Port to find the machinery parts. After you go home following that part, she no longer follows you around, and stays mainly in her room. She will disappear at some point when she visits Kaminko again, but will return on her own, and it is then that you can go challenge Kaminko's Mecha Groudon.

She owns a Plusle and Minun (they are overworld pokemons), and she doesn't battle with or against you throughout the game.

11) Can you breed in XD?
No, there are no breeding centers in XD. The daycare center in Agate Village is still there, but like in Colosseum, you can only place 1 pokemon at a time there, so no breeding.

12) Are there any Kanto starters in XD?
No, the Kanto starters are not obtainble in XD.

13) How does Eevee's evolutions work? Will the shards work on a trade Eevee from GBA?
When you first arrive at the Machinery Shop at the Gateon Port, a sailor will let you choose from the fire stone, water stone, thunder stone, sun shard and moon shard to evolve your Eevee.

If you pick any of the stones, it will be placed into your normal items bagpack, and you can evolve your Eevee anytime you want to like in the GBA games. If you pick the shards however, they will be in your ket items bagpack, and will automatically evolve your Eevee when it gains another level. Since key items cannot be deposited into your PC in XD, there doesn't seem to be a way to stop their evolution (I'm not sure if pressing B works, since it doesn't for the evolutionary stones).

Someone has tested that the shards will work on GBA traded Eevees as well, which means after you get the shard, if you deposit your Eevee into your PC and simply use the other pokemons (wild or shadow) to beat the game, then trade an Eevee from your GBA, the shards should still work on that Eevee.

14) When are the Pokespots activated and what pokemons are there?
After you visit the ONBS station at Pyrite, Nett will tell you about Duking's work on the Pokespots and that's when the Rockground spot will be unlocked. Follow what the walkthrough says, and you will unlock all three spots. How the pokespot works and what pokemons are available there can be found here.

Note that Duking trades three pokemons with you, all at level 20:
Meditite - dynamic punch, confusion, shadowball, detect
Shuckle - toxic, substitute, sludgebomb, encore
Larvitar - sandstorm, dragon dance, bite, outrage

Duking will be inside the secret cave behind his house in Pyrite. Find him there.

15) Are the 4th generation pokemons in XD?
Learn more here. To summarize, Munchlax and Bonsly both make cameos. Munchlax belongs to an old lady selling herbs and roots at the Gateon Port, and randomly eats your pokesnack at the Pokespots. He could appear at any random spot randomly, so there's not preference in its choice of spots. In my game, he has appeared more than twice on each of the 3 locations.

Bonsly is a lost pokemon you must find on the deserted Libra Cruise who must be approached by slow walking (move your joystick minimally). It will then appear in the Pokespots (any one of them, the probability is the same) and like the other Pokespot pokemons, you have to leave pokefood there to attract it. Remember to approach it SLOW again when you find it at the Pokespot, otherwise it will run again, which means you have to wait til it appears at another Pokespot again. You return Bonsly to its owner right away when you succeed in getting it (the screen changes back to ONBS once you've had it), so you don't really get to chance to give it back or not. It will not join your party.

16) Are there E-cards for XD?
From the likes of things, no. The E-reader seems to be abadoned by Nintendo sometime after Emerald's release, and there is absolutely no mentioning of E-reader compatibility in XD, unlike in Colosseum. Plus, the virtual training feature has been replaced by the Battle CD, and the E-reader room is no longer there at the Phenac Stadium.

17) Can you save on the spot now instead of running back to a PC everytime?
Yes, the saving function is in the start menu like in the GBA games now, thank god.

18) Has the Fly and Bounce glitch been fixed?
Yes, in a way. A pokemon will actually be flying or hovering while using fly or bounce. However, when it is hit by an attack while in midair (like gust), it still appears as though it is standing. But since not many attacks can hit pokemons in flight anyway, so it isn't really a big deal.

19) Are there any bonus discs coming with the game this time?
No, there aren't. You only get a glittering card and memo stickers for pre-ordering it in Japan, and from what I heard, a GameCube sticker for the english version.

20) Where are the TMs in the game?
Look here.

21) Are there move deletors, relearners and tutors in XD?
The deleter and relearner are both in the lobby of Mt. Battle, charging pokecoupons for what they do. The move tutor, an old lady, is in the left back cave in Agate, and teaches each move once for free. The number of moves she teaches gradually increases as you progress in the game.

22) What does the + sign mean next to a pokemon?
It just signifies that it is a shadow pokemon

23) Why is there a Metang listed in the snaggable pokemon list? Where did the Pikachu, Plusle and Minun go?
The Metang is available at the demo version of XD, and knows the move refresh. If you've played this demo at the Pokemon Fiesta in Japan, or other similar promotional events in the US, you will be able to transfer this Metang to your GBA games (yes, it will be purified already).

For the Pikachu, Plusle and Minun, they are really demo-only shadows that you don't get to transfer to your GBA games, so they don't count officially as part of XD and have been removed from the site's shadow list.

24) Does the level up moves follow the FRLG or RSE pattern?
The RSE pattern.

25) What has happened to the Battle Mode?
The Battle Mode technically does not exist in XD since it is simply reduced to the Battle Now Feature, which uses preset teams either in the easy, medium, hard or powerful categoy, and the option to challenge your friend by connecting a GBA to it. This challenge feature works the same as in Colosseum except that the Emerald hero and heroine outfits are present in the game, and you have the option to either show or hide Deoxys's real form. If you choose to hide it, all Deoxys will appear as the normal mode, otherwise, they will be in the attack/defense or speed mode depending on which version you're uploading them from.

26) Are there time flutes in XD?
No, time flutes are not in XD, and since they cannot be held by pokemons in Colosseum, you cannot transfer a pokemon holding a time flute to XD either.

27) What's the deal with Togepi?
Togepi is the only shadow pokemon you don't have to snag because it will be given to you by its trainer Hordel at the Outskirt Stand. He expects you to return it, however, after you purify it, and offers to trade an Elekid which knows the elemental punches and crosschop for it. You don't necessarily have to trade Togepi back, but if your Togepi happens to have evolved into a Togetic (which is actually hard in XD since the developers seem to have coded its happiness level quite low), the Elekid Danny trades you will just be an ordinary one with no special moves.

28) Are there other evolutionary stones in the game?
Yes, apart from the ones offered by the sailor (you only get one there anyway, and none if you pick the shards), you'll find one fire stone (Deserted Cruiser Libra), water stone (empty Phenac Stadium) and leaf stone (Cipher Shadow Lab) along the game. Since more than 1 pokemon will require these to evolve, you have to make your choice whom to evolve here. No other sun/moon/thunder stones as they're not needed.

29) Does XD have references to the GBA games?
The only reference I can find is that on the underground floor of the Phenac Pokemon Center (where you trade with the GBA games), the bookshelf holds books which are said to be about pokemons in Hoenn.

30) How many blocks of memory card does XD take up?

31) What is the icon of XD on the memory card?
Eevee

32) When do you get the Masterball?
After you beat the Cipher Admin Gorigan at the Shadow Pokemon Factory (pyramid), you should receive a mail from Prof. Krane. Head back to the Pokemon HQ Lab, and he'll give you that after taking you to a secret room Jovi has mentioned in her diaries.

33) How much storage space is there in XD?
8 boxes, each holding 30 pokemons

34) Can the pokemons at the Pokespots be re-encountered once you've caught them?
Yes, they are supposed to be wild pokemons, and not one-offs.

35) How does the 'call' function work in battles now?
If it is a shadow pokemon in reverse mode, its heart gauge will reduce. If the pokemon is asleep, it will wake up. If it is a non-shadow and non-sleeping pokemon, it's accuracy will increase.

36) Can all three Johto starters be obtained?
Yes, you just have to beat Mt. Battle from trainer 1 to 100 without leaving Mt. Battle or changing your team at the PCs three times to get all three, one each time. You can only get each specie once, so no more prizes except the ribbons on the 4th try.

37) Where do you get all the missed shadow pokemons?
These pokemons will fall into Miror B's possession and you have to seek this man out by the Miror B Radar. You can't actually use the radar, but it will alert you everytime it detects his presence. When it does so, use the radar, and it will tell you where exactly he is. He could either be at the Pyrite, Realgam Tower Colosseum, or at the Pokespots. All other shadows will still be at their original trainers/positions if you missed them.

38) What happened to the Phenac Stadium?
The Phenac Stadium is now empty since it is said to have moved to the Realgam Tower Colosseum.

39) Can you battle Eagun again? I don't remember fighting him in Colosseum.
No, as far as I can see. And you're right, you did not get to battle him back in Colosseum.

40) Are their rentals in XD?
Nope.

41) Are there references to Wes and Rui?
Yes, but their names are not mentioned. One researcher in the HQ Lab simply speaks of a young hero and a girl blessed with special powers who saved pokemons from evil hands 5 years ago. Eagun and Beluh don't talk about Rui.

42) Did Miror B mention the other Colossum Cipher Admins?
Nope, not that I have read. Evice is being referenced by that researcher in the HQ Lab again, saying that he's currently in jail (not the one in Pyrite, obviously).

43) How do you play the Bonsly Bingo Card?
The Bonsly Bingo Card is rewarded to you after you return the lost Bonsly to its trainer. You 'use' this item in front of the Battle Bingo counter, and the lady should take the card and let you play it afterwards.

44) Why was Zook attacked by Ardos at the beginning at the Gateon Port?
Zook is technically taking part in the shadow pokemon business, but not a core member I suppose. There were other non Cipher peon trainers that possess shadow pokemons as well throughout the game. Aldos actually said something about not wanting Zook to reveal too much about their shadow scheme when he attacked Michael and Jovi at the Gateon Port, but I wasn't sure if Zook himself directly knows Deathgold and Aldos/Eldes. He was never shown to interact with any of the Cipher Admins either.

45) Where are all the main characters at the end of the game?
Prof. Krane, Lily and Jovi are all at the lab now. When you beat the game the first time, their speeches were mainly about hoping you could purify all the shadows. Now, they just congratulate you for accomplishing such a big task, and your mother is proud of you or something. Your father is supposed to be a very famous person in Orre as well, since one of the trainers at the lab actually said 'what you did surpassed your father', but I didn't see any reference to him in other parts of Orre. Jovi is said to start learning about pokemon battles at the end of the game, but she's just standing next to Lily and Prof. Krane and never really goes anywhere.

Chobin is said by Dr. Kaminko to have set out on his journey to polish his reserach on Mecha Pokemons. He's no longer at Kaminko's house at the end of the game, while Kaminko himself is still sitting in front of his computer, grateful that Mecha Kyogre played a part in the fight against Cipher.

46) Can you beat Greevil again?
Yes, like Evice in Colosseum, it's as if you haven't beat him before, he will challenge you everytime you visit Citadark Isle, and his team will be replaced by level 50s Swellow, Manectric, Altaria, Aerodactyl, Starmie, Granbull if you've snagged all his shadows.

47) What does Deoxys appear as if traded to the scenario mode?
It retains its normal form regardless of which version it's traded from.

48) Is the snag machine in XD modified from the one of Wes?
There's no mentioning of that.

49) What ribbons are there in XD?
The purification and 100 trainer ribbons are the only two in the game (or as far as I've encountered), and regardless of how to purify your pokemon, either by the chambers or by the relic shrine, the purification ribbon is still the one for 'clearing all difficulties'.

50) Does the Celebi bonus disc work on XD?
Nope, doesn't.

51) How was XD001 created? Why's its colour different?
I don't really think the mechanism of how they ensured XD001's unique shadowness is mentioned, but the reason why they wanted Krane's help is he knows the mechanism of purification, and wants to know there is anything criteria that could elude the purification process. But as far as I recall, no reason on why it is considered unpurificable.

In fact, the exact mechanism of how a pokemon's heart can be 'shut out' is never clearly stated either, so I wouldn't expect them to have an elaborative explanation on this.

52) What are in the pokemon memos if they're traded?
Pokemons traded to XD will be listed as 'met in a distant land', the same applies to those you trade from Colosseum via the GBAs. XD pokemons will appear as 'obtained through a trade in FRLG and Emerald.

53) At the Purification Chamber, what happens if there is also an anti-clockwise type effectiveness on top of the clock wise effectiveness (i.e. Hounder > Breloom)?
The anti-clockwise effectiveness will be ignored by the system as long as there is a clockwise effectiveness. Check here for the basics of the chambers. You can put up to 9 shadows to purify each time, and they can be used over and over again.

54) Will the shadow attacks be 4X effective on non-shadows?
I'm not really sure if shadow attacks hav 4X effectiveness on dual types, but from what I see, my dual types don't seem particularly weak to shadow moves, so I suppose not. Of course, have to take in account of each pokemon's defense as well.

55) Do you get anything special for purifying all 83 shadow pokemons?
Not that I remember.

56) Where do you buy pokeballs?
The first ones are given to you by Joshua at the HQ Lab. You can buy additional ones (and others like the great, net, nest) at almost every shop in every city or location.

57) Does the game mechanics differ in XD?
No, they follow the GBA games, that includes hidden power, natures and abilities.

58) What is there to do after you snagged and purified all 83 pokemons?
There are several components in XD, aside from the shadow pokemons, there's the Battle CD and Battle Bingo, as well as the Orre Colosseum. The plot generally ends after the Lucky Egg quest, and everything beyond that (i.e. training, evolving, trading) is just like the GBA games, non-compulsory to complete the game.

59) What is the reverse mode? What happend to the hyper mode?
The hyper mode has been replaced by the reverse mode in XD. The differences between the two that have been noted by now includes:
a) The pokemon can still attack in the turn it enters reverse mode, unlike in Colosseum, where the pokemon fails to attack during the turn it enters hyper mode
b) The pokemon generally hurts itself in reverse mode, and I believe the critical hit benefit from hyper mode is gone

60) Does shadow Lugia regains its normal colour after purification?
Yes, it does.

61) Are shadow attacks physical or special attacks?
Physical: Shadow Blitz, Shadow End, Shadow Blast, Shadow Break, Shadow Rush
Special: Shadow Wave, Shadow Rave, Shadow Chill, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Fire, Shadow Storm

62) Are shadow attacks not super effective on any non-shadow pokemons?
No.

63) Where is the name rater in the game?
In the Daycare Center in Agate.

64) What are the glitches in XD?
So far from what we know:
a) The Agate Village walk-up-to-wall glitches that allows to purify quicker without holding onto your controller
b) Another observed glitch is that, if you managed to snag a shadow pokemon, but then loses to its trainer, the shadow pokemon will be returned to the trainer and you have to fight him/her again

65) Who are the owners of each shadow pokemon and what are the rest of their teams?
Check the shadow pokemon list on the site.

66) Why does Greevil have 7 shadow pokemons?
XD001 fights you independently before Deathgold does, and it's not part of Deathgold's team.

67) Where do you get the Miror B Radar and when you do meet Miror B?
When you go to the third Pokespot (Cave), Miror B and his underlings will be there. The radar will be the shiny item on the ground. Check the walkthrough for more details.

68) When does the radar alert you of Miror B?
It's really random, from the time you get the radar and til you snagged the shadow Dragonite from Miror B at Gateon Port.

69) Why do I get items other than the Amulet Coin from the lady in Gateon Port who interviews me about her book (the lady whose email scared Bonsly away on the Cruiser)? Can I come back to get the Amulet Coin again?
What you get from her depends on your answers to her questions. If you answer all yes to her questions, you get the Amulet Coin. If you give her one 'no', you get the White Herb, two 'no's the Mental Herb, all 'no's you get the Quick Claw. Since this is only a one-off deal, give her the corresponding number of 'no's to get the item you desire.

70) When is the Purification Chamber activated? And can you explain a bit more on the tempo and flow?
The Purification Chamber will be ready for use at the Pokemon HQ Lab (the room where a Blissey is in) after you have saved Prof. Krane from Cipher.

The tempo is determined by the clockwise type advantages of the 4 pokemons you place in the circle. As said in Q.53, only the clockwise advantages matter if both clockwise and anticlockwise advantages are present. The tempo bar shows the tempo only, not the flow described below. Note that normal pokemons are programmed to be super effective against normal pokemons in the chamber.

The flow is either absent or present. There is a flow if the shadow pokemon you're purifying has a type advantage (any of its two types if it's a dual type) over any single pokemon in the circle outside (again, any single type of dual type pokemons). You can't actually see a measurement bar for flow because it's either there or not there. It will slightly speed up the purification process.

71) I still don't get the Purification Chamber and the way to purify Shadow Lugia. Can you simply give me an example?
Ok, listed below are the pokemons I placed at the peripheral circle in the 9 chambers, which enabled me to purify Shadow Lugia (remember that you don't need to have other shadow pokemons being purified in the other chambers when you purify Shadow Lugia):
Chamber 1 - Carvanha > Sandshrew > Gulpin > Shroomish
Chamber 2 - Numel > Ledyba > Spinarak > Paras
Chamber 3 - Makuhita > Houndour > Duskull > Baltoy
Chamber 4 - Roselia > Swinub > Mawile > Snorunt
Chamber 5 - Spheal > Growlithe > Pineco > Seedot
Chamber 6 - Nosepass > Butterfree > Tangela > Shellder
Chamber 7 - Primeapre > Aron > Beedrill > Ralts
Chamber 8 - Hoppip > Venomoth > Natu > Weepinbell
Chamber 9 - Voltorb > Pidgeotto > Surskit > Phanphy

Note that this is just my combination, it's NOT the only combination that works. For simplicity, you could very well catch 36 Hoppips at the Pokespots to fill in all 9 chambers, that'll be the easiest way to go.

72) What are all the moves the shadow pokemons learn when they are purified?
The ones in () are what they learn as the heart gauge bar goes down, the ones in [] are those they learn after purification to replace the shadow attacks:

Teddiursa – (lick) (metal claw), [return], [refresh]
Ledyba – (aerial ace) (supersonic) [psybeam] [refresh]
Poochyena – (poisonfang) (howl) [dig] [heal bell]
Seedot – (bullet seed) (secret power) [gigadrain] [refresh]
Gulpin – (sludge) (toxic) [shockwave] [sing]
Baltoy – (mudslap) (psybeam) [rock tomb] [refresh]
Spheal – (watergun) (mudslap) [aurorabeam] [charm]
Mareep - (thundershock) (thunderwave) [body slam] [heal bell]
Hounder – (ember) (roar) [faint attack] [charm]
Spinarak – (signal beam) (nightshade) [dig] [refresh]
Numel (charcoal) – (dig) (ember) [take down] [charm]
Carvanha (black glasses) – (scary face) (bite) [water pulse] [refresh]
Shroomish – (megadrain) (stunspore) [false swipe] [refresh]
Delcatty – (attract) (shock wave) [secret power] [sweet kiss]
Voltorb (magnet) – (spark) (swift) [mirror coat] [refresh]
Makuhita – (armthrust) (rocktomb) [brickbreak] [refresh]
Vulpix - (ember) (dig) [heat wave] [charm]
Duskull – (astonish) (confuse ray) [shadowball] [helping hand]
Ralts (twisted spoon) – (reflect) (confusion) [shockwave] [sing]
Mawile – (vicegrip) (iron defense) [false swipe] [sing]
Snorunt – (bite) (icy wind) [water pulse] [sing]
Pineco – (spikes) (counter) [pin missile] [refresh]
Natu – (nightshade) (aerial ace) [future sight] [baton pass]
Roselia – (grass whistle) (leech seed) [magical leaf] [sweet kiss]
Meowth – (pay day) (bite) [slash] [sing]
Swinub (nevermelt ice) – (mist) (mudshot) [ancient power] [charm]
Spearow (sharp beak) – (leer) (aerial ace) [false swipe] [baton pass]
Grimer – (shadow punch) (minimize) [sludge bomb] [helping hand]
Seel (mystic water) – (safeguard) (icebeam) [surf] [helping hand]
Lunatone (hard stone) – (rock tomb) [psychic] [baton pass] [rain dance]
Zangoose (silk scarf) – (counter) (crushclaw) [brickbreak] [refresh]
Nosepass – (thunderwave) (rockslide) [thunderbolt] [helping hand]
Togepi – (ancient power) (helping hand) [follow me] [tri-attack]
Paras – (slash) (false swipe) [spore] [refresh]
Growlithe – (bite) (take down) [flamethrower] [charm]
Shellder – (surf) (aurorabeam) [take down] [refresh]
Beedrill (poison barb) – (twinneedle) (swords dance) [sludge bomb] [baton pass]
Pidgeotto – (steel wing) (feather dance) [wing attack] [refresh]
Tangela (miracle seed) – (sunnyday) (ingrain) [soloarbeam] [morning sun]
Butterfree – (sleep powder) (aerial ace) [psychic] [morning sun]
Magneton (metal coat) – (thunder) [double edge] [refresh] [rain dance]
Venomoth (silver powder) - (substitute) (psychic) [silver wind] [refresh]
Weepinbell – (sweet scent) (sludge bomb) [magical leaf] [morning sun]
Arbok – (bite) (glare) [sludge bomb] [refresh]
Primeape – (focus energy) (reversal) [crosschop] [helping hand]
Hypno – (meditate) (shadow ball) [psychic] [baton pass]
Raticate – (hyper fang) (scary face) [superfang] [refresh]
Golduck – (psych up) (brickbreak) [waterfall] [charm]
Sableye – (faint attack) (recover) [shadow ball] [helping hand]
Dodrio – (agility) (tri attack) [drill peck] [baton pass]
Farfetch’d (stick) – (aerial ace) [slash] [baton pass] [swords dance]
Altaria (dragon fang) – (aerial ace) [dragon breath] [heal bell] [solarbeam]
Kangaskhan – (tail whip) (dizzy punch) [earthquake] [sing]
Bannette (spell tag) – (shadow ball) (curse) [faint attack] [helping hand]
Magmar – (thunderpunch) [fireblast] [follow me] [crosschop]
Pinsir – (false swipe) (submission) [guillotine] [helping hand]
Magcargo – (earthquake) (flamethrower) [heat wave] [refresh]
Rapidash – (flamethrower ) [solar beam] [baton pass] [sunny day]
Hitmonlee (black belt) – (megakick) [hi-jump kick] [refresh] [mind reader]
Hitmonchan – (mind reader) (skyupper cut) [megapunch] [helping hand]
Lickiting – (defense curl) (rollout) [double edge] [helping hand]
Scyther – (silver wind) (slash) [razor wind] [morning sun]
Chansey (lucky punch) – (softboiled) (skillswap) [thunderbolt] [sweet kiss]
Solrock – (cosmic power) [psychic] [baton pass] [sunny day]
Starmie – (recover) [waterfall] [refresh] [icebeam]
Electrabuzz – [crosschop] [follow me] [thunderwave] [thunderbolt]
Swellow – [skyattack] [baton pass] [agility] [façade]
Snorlax – (curse) (bodyslam) [fissure] [refresh]
Poliwrath – (brickbreak) [hydropump] [helping hand] [rain dance]
Mr. Mime – (encore) (thunderpunch) [psychic] [follow me]
Dugtrio (soft sand) – (tri-attack) [earthquake] [charm] [sandstorm]
Manectric – (bite) [thunder] [refresh] [rain dance]
Salamence – (dragon dance) (aerial ace) [dragon claw] [refresh]
Marowak (thick bone) – (swords dance) (rockslide) [earthquake] [sing]
Lapras – (blizzard) [hydropump] [heal bell] [rain dance]
Lugia – [psychoboost] [feather dance] [earthquake] [hydropump]
Zapdos – [extrasensory] [baton pass] [metal sound] [thunderbolt]
Moltres – [extrasensory] [morning sun] [will-o-wisp] [flamethrower]
Articuno – [extrasensory] [heal bell] [haze] [icebeam]
Tauros – [earthquake] [refresh] [tail whip] [body slam]
Rhydon – [megahorn] [helping hand] [scary face] [earthquake]
Exeggcutor – [psychic] [refresh] [hypnosis] [ancient power]
Dragonite – [hyperbeam] [heal bell] [dragon dance] [earthquake]

73) Do shadow pokemon receive STAB in using shadow attacks?
No, they don't.

74) Can the special moves be bred onto offspring pokemons?
This depends on whether that specie has that move as an egg move. Take Tyrogue for example, Helping Hand is a legitimate egg move, and since the special move Hitmonchan get in XD is Helping Hand, you can breed Helping Hand onto Tyrogue. But for Togepi and its special move Tri-attack, since Tri-attack is not an egg move for Togepi, this move cannot be passed on. Check the site's Pokedex to see if that special move is in the pokemon's egg move, if not, then tough luck, unbreedable move.

75) What are the TMs and prizes you get for beating the Mt. Battle areas?
All items are only achieved the first time you beat an area.
Area 1: 200 Pokecoupons, and Macho Brace
Area 2: 300 Pokecoupons, and TM 03 (Water Pulse)
Area 3: 600 Pokecoupons, and TM 34 (Shock Wave)
Area 4: 700 Pokecoupons, and TM 42 (Facade)
Area 5: 1000 Pokecoupons, and TM 39 (Rock Tomb)
Area 6: 1200 Pokecoupons, and TM 50 (Overheat)
Area 7: 1500 Pokecoupons, and TM 04 (Calm Mind)
Area 8: 1600 Pokecoupons, and TM 08 (Bulk Up)
Area 9: 1700 Pokecoupons, and TM 40 (Aerial Ace)
Area 10: 2000 Pokecoupons

76) Is there Pokerus in XD?
There doesn't seem to be any spontaneous Pokerus in XD, and even when you trade Pokerus infected pokemon from the GBA to XD, the Pokerus will freeze, i.e. it will not go away and it will not infect others. So technically, Pokerus does not work in XD like in the GBA games.

Coronis~

Last edited by a moderator:
E

emerlmaster999

Is Hidden Power's type and damage determined through the same way as in the GBA games?

Z

zork

why is ther so many diffrent types of shadow moves and what happend to shadow rush

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

zork said:
why is ther so many diffrent types of shadow moves and what happend to shadow rush
there still is shadow rush but it does have a different effect.

It does Less damage and no recoil damage, and the new shadow attacks are there just to add something new to the game, shadow rush was a rubbish attack and it did get boring since all the shadow pokemon in colosseum kew it so they added new ones.

about magical leaf i do not know.

J

~Jupitol~

Coronis said:
a) The Agate Village walk-up-to-wall glitches that allows to purify quicker without holding onto your controller
Um, can you explain how to use this glitch? It sounds useful.

Edit from Coronis: There is supposed to be a spot in Agate where you walk up against which counts as steps, unlike any other ordinary walls or boundaries (not sure where it is, someone could supplement this and I'll add this to the FAQ).

What you do is unplug from controller while you're walking up against that spot, plug in again while maintaining your joystick to the downwards position, and this will fool the GameCube that the neutral position of the joystick is the upward position, so your character will continue to walk up and the steps will continue to count even when you're not touching your GameCube. And yes, it does work in tandem with the Purification Chamber as well since it is step-based too.

Time/SpaceMage

Mr. Fix-it
Self-damage in Reverse mode

Coronis, is Shadow pokemon self-damage dependent on the Attack stat, or do their HP just drop by a set percentage?

Edit from Coronis: I believe it drops by a set percentage like the poisoned status does, coz from my experience the attack stat of a pokemon is not really reflective of the amount of reverse damage it receives. But then again I usually grab the chance to 'call out' to the pokemon before it hurts itself again, so I can't be very sure.

Tazzler

I know, but i couldn't find him when he was in regalm tower.i saw trudy and folly.

Edit from Coronis: If you could see Trudly and Folly, that means Miror B is participating in the Colosseum challenge (in your case, the Realgam Tower Colosseum). Enter the challenge yourself, and Miror B will be one of your opponents, using your missed shadow pokemon.

Tazzler

meditite has dynamic punch instead of focus punch

Tasumi

OMG NO MORE COKE?!?
Where can I get a Timer Ball?

Edit from Coronis: The timer ball, nest ball and net balls are only sold at the Outskirt Stand if I remember correctly.

Powerful_Blaziken88

I know this shouldn't go in the FAQ, but as to save myself the bother of starting a new thread, I'll ask here: Do the coloured cipher peons who stay outside the Cipher Lab ever get any stronger? I remember when I first reach there, they were really helpful for training up before entering the lab. So, anyone who's gotten anywhere past fighting Miror B. at the Cave Pokéspot, could you please inform me on that.

Edit from Coronis: The Cipher Peons actually won't be at the lab when you progress to Phenac, but after you beat Greevil, they will be forever at the lab and their pokemons' levels will all be at 50 (also the case for all the other trainers who still fight you after you beat the game in various places)

Edit from PB88: Thanks.

Last edited:

Mewbiraxys

Mew The Origin
Umm... can i get two chikorita, cyndaquil and totodile from doing mt battle 6 times?

Edit from Coronis: No, you can only get each of them once

Tazzler

I forgot-Is lati@s allowed in Orre colloseum?

Edit from Coronis: Yes, they are allowed, but you are not allowed to equip them with the Soul Dews.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
i have a question. if you trade the togepi from XD into your GBA, when you trade it back, will hordel still accept it and will you get an elekid with the punches?

Edit from Coronis: Technically he should, because the Togepi's caught data will remain the same even if you trade it away and back.

Hitaka

Phoenix
Are IVs and natures for Shadow Pokemon randomly determined each time you encounter that pokemon, or are they only chosen once and then locked in forever?

For example, if I want to get certain natures for all three legendary birds, could I fight Greevil repeatedly and capture only one at a time, since the other two would still have a random nature, or would I have to capture all three the first time and hope I get what I want, which would be a huge pain?

golden jirachi

Sinnoh Star!
Are IVs and natures for Shadow Pokemon randomly determined each time you encounter that pokemon, or are they only chosen once and then locked in forever?

For example, if I want to get certain natures for all three legendary birds, could I fight Greevil repeatedly and capture only one at a time, since the other two would still have a random nature, or would I have to capture all three the first time and hope I get what I want, which would be a huge pain?

all IVs are determined the first time you see that pokemon, like a wildpokemon/egg.

shervin

Pokemon Coordinator
You CAN fight Eagun, once after you beat Greevil, walk outside, he battles you and tells you about the Orre Colosseum.

Schiz

I didn't see this in the FAQ, but after you purify Lugia, can it be transfered to both Leaf Green or Emerald? What are the conditions for sending it over? Is it the same at Coliseum?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I didn't see this in the FAQ, but after you purify Lugia, can it be transfered to both Leaf Green or Emerald? What are the conditions for sending it over? Is it the same at Coliseum?

It can be transferred to any of the 3rd gen games, and to transfer it you only need to have beaten Greevil.

lisalover

I'm a KA water bunny
Just a question I need answered, didn't see it in post #1.

Dose the evolution trade thing work between say Emerald or FRLG and XD.

What I mean is if I trade my Kadabra from LG to XD, will I get an Alakazam or if I trade a Syther holding a metal coat to LG will I get a Scizor.

Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.