• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Young Flame of Alola! The Birth of Royal Ash!! (1024)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1024.jpg

The Young Flame of Alola! The Birth of Royal Ash!!

Once again, Ash & Co. go to the Battle Royal Dome to see another Battle Royal. However, in the match, the Masked Royal seems to be in trouble when his Incineroar is in trouble due to dirty attacks. Ash's Torracat can't stand watching it and rushes into the ring. This causes Ash to join the Battle Royal as "Royal Ash". Can they get victory?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Revenge was a nice reveal. I was always thinking about Double Kick but still both moves are Fighting-types here so I'm fine with it instead of another Fire-type move. The episode really felt like watching WWE though with all those stunts happening throughout the episode.

Genaller

Silver Soul
This was a pretty lit episode. I was particularly amused by the classic face-heel dynamics commonly found in pro-wrestling. Revenge was a good move for Torracat to learn though I’m not sure about how much credit Torracat should get for the KOs this episode and also Incineroar while still really strong didn’t come off as nearly as OP as it did in its debut. Anyways at the rate Torracat seems to be progressing, I wouldn’t be surprised if it became a TOP 10 Ash Pokemon by the end of SM (though Dusk Lycanroc will still most likely be Ash’s Alolan Ace).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least this time Torracat learns a Fighting-type move, Revenge. Bourgain's gang's attempts to cheat was utterly disgusting and I was satisfied all of their Pokémon were knocked out and at that's what they deserve for trying to cheat. It was also nice to see Torracat and Incineroar strengthen their bond during their bout.

p96822

Evolve me please
I was right that Team Rocket would be the announcers. But I never though that Torracat would learn an egg move

Also I how some pick up that phone for Electivire knowing Low Kick because I called.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Decent episode, nice to see Torracat doing more. I honestly love how he stands on Ash's head lol. Also revenge... I don't think anyone called that one.

Also was that Magmortar using faint attack when he was on his tippy toes? So strange lmfao.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Decent episode, nice to see Torracat doing more. I honestly love how he stands on Ash's head lol. Also revenge... I don't think anyone called that one.

Also was that Magmortar using faint attack when he was on his tippy toes? So strange lmfao.
Yeah, Torracat on Ash's head was neat though. I guess Magmortar was on tippy toes before attacking Torracat so that it could let Torracat's guard down. It seemed like there was nothing suspicious going on in the first place.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Bourgain's gang's attempts to cheat was utterly disgusting
Well what can you say, its was there setting as Revenger's, which meant that they would use underhanded tricks and even cheat to win. In short, they represented the Evil side, while Royal Mask represented the Right/Heroic side.

By the way, that animation for "Feint Attack" that Magmortar used was interesting.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well what can you say, its was there setting as Revenger's, which meant that they would use underhanded tricks and even cheat to win. In short, they represented the Evil side, while Royal Mask represented the Right/Heroic side.
Anyway it would be disgusting in the first place because it would be part of their goal to cheat. But what I meant as Bourgain's gain was the Revengers. To be honest, I just don't like Bourgain because of his use of filthy tactics to allow him to accomplish his selfish goals.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Anyway it would be disgusting in the first place because it would be part of their goal to cheat. But what I meant as Bourgain's gain was the Revengers. To be honest, I just don't like Bourgain because of his use of filthy tactics to allow him to accomplish his selfish goals.
Well, Bourgain is the owner and big boss of the Revenger's.
Also his character is made in such a way that people would hate him (aka., typical villain/bad guy type).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, Bourgain is the owner and big boss of the Revenger's.
Also his character is made in such a way that people would hate him (aka., typical villain/bad guy type).
Well yeah but then basing him on the stereotypical selfish businessman will make the viewing audience hate him naturally because we have regular exposure to what kind of person a selfish businessman would be like and that he has been portrayed as such in this episode. I do remember him say something about the Happy Rainbow Resort but I guess that's most likely to do with his past interactions with Kiawe and his family.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I do remember him say something about the Happy Rainbow Resort but I guess that's most likely to do with his past interactions with Kiawe and his family.
That's because he is the owner of "Happy Rainbow Resort" group.
I guess he was advertising in a way, i guess? That's why he kept saying it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's because he is the owner of "Happy Rainbow Resort" group.
I guess he was advertising in a way, i guess? That's why he kept saying it.
Yeah I guess but I also recall a flashback where Ash and his friends encountered Bourgain the last time at Kiawe's farm. But still I don't think he has even yet bought the land for his resort.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Yeah I guess but I also recall a flashback where Ash and his friends encountered Bourgain the last time at Kiawe's farm. But still I don't think he has even yet bought the land for his resort.
The flashback was just to remind viewers that he appeared before (he didn't react much to either Ash or Kiawe either later on).
Also that guy already owns many other resorts (he just wanted Kiawe's family farm, to build a new one).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The flashback was just to remind viewers that he appeared before (he didn't react much to either Ash or Kiawe either later on).
Also that guy already owns many other resorts (he just wanted Kiawe's family farm, to build a new one).
Well it's a totally different thing if he owns a chain of resorts. It's expected that there will be a lot of people in the audience of the Battle Royale so that he will use it to his advantage to expand his presence to advertise to a mass audience.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well...a pretty good episode this, with Ash's Torracat finally getting to take part in some fighting action where it gets the privilege of KO'ing its opponents instead of being totally overwhelmed by a way stronger opponent(since the Totem Lurantis battle of course). Bourgain is proving to be a pretty good option who plays the typical role of the 'bad guy of the day' quite well. His antagonistic acts and dirty way honestly have quite substance in it and not like cheap and lame tricks the Trio plays most of the time. TBH I'd now say that Bourgain would be a better option for the writers to play the 'typical bad guy of the day' rather than the Trio, a.k.a., being used as a plot device to develop characters. I liked how Torracat battled in this episode like a brave warrior alongside the Masked Royal's Incineroar, tanking a few powerful hits and more importantly getting 2 KO's of its own in a row!!! :D And the new move it learned was Revenge, which is...pretty OK as a new move IMO. Though I'm bit sad that it didn't evolve, which could mean that likely won't evolve further, but it got some good battling experience in this episode anyway. Overall, 7/10.

Last edited:

patrickab7

Lana seemed to be particularly fired up for the wrestling...as did Lillie at the end. XD

In terms of Ash's top Pokemon, Torracat(eventually Incineroar?) has the unfortunate situation of contending with Charizard AND Infernape in terms of fire types...but the potential is definitely there.