• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Zoroark Master Plan

Generic User Name

Zoroark based team. Mainly for RM.

Salamence@ Leftovers
252Atk/252Spd
Adamant Nature
Ability- Moxie
Moves- Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, Crunch
Details- This seems like a strange lead, but it's effective. People are gonna be confused by the lack of Intimidate and immediately think it's Zoroark. This gives enough time to fit in a DD or two while the opponent either uses a fighting move or switches in to a Zoroark killer. After that, Dragon Claw is pretty dangerous. Also, Stone Edge is good for coverage. Crunch continues to make your opponent think it's Zoroark.*

Skarmory@ Leftovers
252HP/252Spd/4SpDef
Jolly Nature
Ability- Sturdy
Moves- Whirlwind, Spikes, Night Slash, Roost
Details- Another trickster. Night Slash is used to make the opponent think that it actually is Zoroark. Other than that, it's a standard Zoroark set. Spikes to set up Hazards, Roost to heal, Whirlwind to phaze.

Whimsicott@ Leftovers
252HP/252Spd/4SpAtk
Bold Nature
Ability- Prankster
Moves- Energy Ball, Taunt, Substitute, Encore
Moves- It looks similar to a normal Whimsicott, but it's actually a little bit different. If you start out using Energy Ball, people will think that this might be Zoroark because it uses an attacking move. The purpose of this Pokemon is to make your opponent let their guard down and think that this isn't Whimsicott (or at least isn't a normal Whimsicott), but in
fact is a close-to-normal set. Like any other, it uses Taunt, Substitute, and Encore.

Zoroark@ Leftovers
252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP
Jolly Nature
Ability- Illusion
Moves- Dark Pulse, Detect, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast
Details- Finally, the star of the show; Zoroark. After confusing confrontations with Salamence, Skarmory, and Whimsicott, we finally get to send him in. The last Pokemon is Machamp, so Zoroark will appear to be Machamp. Using dig continues them thinking that it's a real Machamp. They might send out a Pokemon with a Psychic move. Which, as
you know, does no damage towards Zoroark. This is where you can use STAB Dark Pulse to strike. Detect to protect, Nasty Plot for stat boost, FB for coverage.

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
252HP/252SpDef/4SpAtk
Calm Nature
Ability- Water Absorb
Moves- Ice Beam, Scald, Toxic, Protect
Details- I needed a Special Wall, so here you go. This is the only Pokemon on this team that doesn't fit into The Zoroark Master Plan. It doesn't need to, but I'm just letting you know. Basically, this Pokemon walls by inflicting status with Scald and Toxic, getting significant coverage with Ice Beam, and protecting with Protect.

Machamp@ Life Orb
252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Adamant Nature
Ability- No Guard
Moves- Dynamicpunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Thunderpunch
Details- This Pokemon is DEADLY! Dynamic punch with 100% accuracy thanks to No Guard? Yes, please! Stone Edge also gets a boost. EQ and Thunderpunch for coverage.

C+C por favor. Changes in BOLD.

Last edited:

Generic User Name

^Well like I said, it's mainly for RM and they show you the Pokemon but not the order. Now does anyone have any ratings?

EDIT: Ninja'd

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Whimsicott should have a different moveset. Scrap Substitute or Toxic for Encore which is Whimsicott's claim to fame. Whimsicott is a Pokemon you send out, s---- your opponent's Pokemon, then switch to a sweeper and set up. I like to call it a TSPP, or a temporary solution for a permanent problem.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
OMG I LUV THIS TEEM BCUZ IT HAZ ZOROARK!

Okay, that was a bit out of character for me, but I love Zoroark, Zoroarking, and Zoroark-based strategies in general. I love the structure of this team. I thought of similar ideas where Zoroark was Weezing, Gengar, Mismagius, or Gardevoir, but never where the entire team was a Zoroark in disguise. I like it a lot.

However, your Skarmory set takes this idea way too far. What you have done is completely wasted a space on your team. Offensive Skarmory will be ineffective, and all you will get out of the entire ruse is one free minimal-power Drill Peck. Seriously, while impersonating Zoroark with Night Slash is a good idea, I would use the extra turn to set up hazards like a real Skarmory would. Try the moveset Night Slash, Spikes, Roost, and Whirlwind, which will be much less a waste of party space.

You did the same thing with your Zoroark. Don't cripple Zoroark's strategy just to make it seem like Machamp. Try the set Detect, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, and Focus Blast, which will let you seem like a Machamp while protecting you for the first turn. Then you have the element of surprise when you use Nasty Plot.

Dude, I love this team, and I'm sure it brings a smile to your face whenever you imagine the opponent's paranoia about every pokemon that comes up. My last tip is to nickname every pokemon "Zoroark", except Zoroark, which you name "Fooled You!"

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Finally a Zoroark Team YES!
I mean, uh, good choice my friend.
I love what you've done with the team, making it to where you have got a confusing front to the opponent, yet a simple strategy planned out for yourself.
You may want to consider flamethrower for him though, for coverage