• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Blazios

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

It's a 3DS game coming out in the Winter in Japan. Seems to be a Dissidia sequel, but its genre is... Theatre Rhythm Action?

So yeah, it's an Elite Beat Agents/Beatmania-esque game based on Final Fantasy songs, it would appear, with 3 songs from each of the first 13 games. All of the PCs so far have been playable in Duodecim (Warrior of Light, Onion Knight, Bartz, Lightning and ...Cloud...).

Oh, and did I mention everyone's chibi?

I... really don't know what to make of this. At least Battle at the Big Bridge is apparently in it.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Its like DDR and Final fantasy teamed up and Square Enix depleted the entirety of their drug supplies, but yet I want it. I dunno if its the art style or the idea of a rythym based RPG, but it just makes you want to love it.

ForeverFlame

This is the problem with the 3DS. Developers don't take Nintendo seriously at all. Instead of making a Dissidia RPG or a remake of V/VI, Square Enix opted to make a silly music game that no one asked for.

Meanwhile, the PSP gets Final Fantasy Type-0, which looks even better than XIII.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is the problem with the 3DS. Developers don't take Nintendo seriously at all. Instead of making a Dissidia RPG or a remake of V/VI, Square Enix opted to make a silly music game that no one asked for.

Meanwhile, the PSP gets Final Fantasy Type-0, which looks even better than XIII.

In SE's case, they refuse to do anything beyond FFVI on a Nintendo system so it's not like they're holding back on us. Besides, Dissidia has a bunch of FF reps Nintendo never got the chance of having around. However, there's the point Kingdom Hearts managed to borrow some of them in the form of chibi-fied versions...

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

And yet they're giving us an almost direct Prequel to KH3, and probably down the line VI WILL get remade, that's if they're around to do so.

Blazios

*wants V remade more than VI, though still wants VI remade*

Now that I think about it, won't this be the first time that any main character past VII will have appeared on a Nintendo console?

ForeverFlame

It doesn't matter what SE plans on doing. That's all we've been hearing about the 3DS. "Omg it's going to be awesome guys, you just have to wait until over a year after the handheld launched!"

Right now the 3DS sucks.