• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TheBlizzTechs Modified Nxd and on

So I've played every meta deck that's out right now and I'm purely bored with them all not enough people to play competitively with where i live. Decks I'm currently using Flareon, Plasma, and Blastoise/Keldeo. I love playing techy decks but the problem with techy decks is they dont always work the way I want them to. I have tried many many times to make articuno ex which is my favorite ex, a strong fast paced deck. Things id like help with in this deck list are possible add in to make it more consistent. Any advice is appreciated i play kinda weird but ill try to explain after the deck list.

Pokemon - 12

1x Eevee Plb
1x Leafeon Plb
1x Terrakion Lgt
1x Mr. Mime Plb
1x Keldeo Ex Bcr
2x Articuno Ex Pls
1x Landorus Ex Bcr
2x Duskull Bcr
2x Dusknoir Bcr

Trainers/ Supporters - 36

x1 Colress
x2 Shadow Triad
x2 Skyla
x3 Juniper
x3 N
x2 Virbank City Gym
x3 Hypnotoxic Laser
x2 Float Stone
x2 Switch
x2 Ultraball
x2 Level Ball
x2 Tool Scrapper
x2 Exp. Share
x2 Colress Machine
x1 Super Rod
x1 Energy Search
x1 Energy Switch
x1 Scramble Switch
x2 Rare Candy

Energy - 12
x3 Plasma
x4 Fighting
x5 Water

Cards I'd Like to add in - Bicycle, Escape Rope, x1 N, 1-1 Leafeon, Random Reciever, x1 Water Energy.
Cards i dont have to add in 1-1 Leafeon, Escape Rope, Landorus Ex.

The Idea is to setup Articuno Ex to either Lock or Blizzard as fast as possible to spread damage to then Turn 2-3 Sinister Hand for Ko's. With support or early pressure by Leafeon and Landorus Ex with revenge kill/ Counter Terrakion. Backup by Keldeo for alternative water attacker/ condition switch in. I tend to use Leafeon for alot of revenge kills. Would like to find a way to consistently set up Articuno turn 2-3 to keep up with the fast paced decks out there. His major flaw is Mewtwo EX and his high energy cost attacks. Which aren't too bad if Colress Machine and Water Energy aren't scarce. Lmk what you think.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
This really looks like a bunch of techs crammed into a deck with no way of successfully/consistently enough. The majority of the reason as to why tech decks seem hard to setup is just due to the fact of how you setup and streamline the deck turn by turn, it's really about getting the most of you're T/S/S line, Having a really solid list of pokemon search cards and engine cards, i.e the proper amount of pokemon search cards, energy switch/search, etc. I personally believe that the engine cards are more important then tech cards, tech cards do win the battle but don't run the deck.

I get what your saying but my main goal since Articuno Ex came out was to find a way to make him good I used garbador with him before and it sucked bad. Any idea on which cards to take out to make the engine more solid? Also even though it dosn't amount to much since this is a new decklist ive playtested this a bunch at league i can tell it has issues but I want to work out the kinks.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
So basically turn 1 articuno with excess dmg? Something that can utilize dusknoir for extra dmg, okay. So just off the top of my head if I where to run this and run it techy in stuff this is how I would run it

3 articuno EX
2 deoxys EX (extra dmg, yes laser bank is good however not effective against every matchup, I find most decks in an area that go for tech run about 1 virizion for the laserbank counter, I find more over laserbanks best friend is garbo because you deal the piercing dmg regardless)
1 genesect EX (catcher, could be effective in situations as dusknoir is just a tech and not an actual deck engine, sometimes having the genesect out, shadow triad, plasma for game could be what you're looking for)
2-1-2 dusknior (the spread)
1 mr. mime
1 virizion EX (slightly optional but with either grass, blend or prism counters laserbank/status dmg/annoyance)

Energy
4 water
2-3 DEC
4 plasma
2-3 prism

4 N
4 juniper
3 skyla
1 triad
2 colress
3 rare candy
3 colress machine
3 ultra ball
1 scramble switch (g-booster, that's right burn through you're special energys BURN!!!!

idk what else to add, you could add a thundurus to get those DCE back onto articuno.

alright cool thanks for your suggestions I appreciate it. Also I totally get what your saying bout lazerbank cause a lot of people in my local meta play verizion and there is nothong more frustrating than having useless cards in your hand. I'm going to test run this and see where it goes.