• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theme Parks

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Replying to an earlier post about Kennywood in Pittsburgh, PA, but it’s too old to directly quote:
Ah, Pittsburgh. I have wonderful memories from vacationing there. Back to amusement parks, though. When I was little, I LOVED roller coasters. I went on every single one I could. That is, until 10 year-old me went to Kennywood. Dad and I were going ride ALL the roller coasters there. The first one we rode was the Jackrabbit, an old wooden one. I felt like my glasses were going to fall off, and like I was going to fall under the roller coaster and die. That completely ruined roller coasters for me, and I have been terrified of them ever since. I’ve only been on 2 coasters since then that I enjoyed, and that was because they went super fast without any high drops.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Never heard of Kennywood so had to look it up...you mean it isn't Dollywood but with Kenny Rogers?

Did a lot of Hersheypark and King's Dominion growing up but amusement parks aren't really my style anymore. Was never a roller coaster guy and not sure if they have arcades anymore. Disney World's different to me because its attractions are more immersive...they can afford to make them that way. Plus now that I'm all grown up my favorite thing in those parks (when we can afford to go) are the restaurants :)

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

Mini-doc about Ontario Place, Canada's failed futuristic theme park.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So yeah, I'm not American so I don't have any thoughts about the American parks.

In the Netherlands, you have quite a few renowned themeparks, but the big two are pretty much:
- Walibi (used to be SixFlags Holland for a period of time): What you would expect of a themepark. High entry price, but you don't have to pay entry for most rides.
- De Efteling: More fairytale-based themepark. Has several big rides, but also an entire forest section with fairytale-themed exhibitions. Which is kinda hard to describe, but you basically can walk through a wooded area along a pathway and as you do, you come across scenes from several fairytales, such as the witches candycabin from Hansel and Gretle, Rapunzel's tower, a dragon and many other fairytales.

I've also been to Disneyland Paris, when I was a kid (like probably three times) - and I wish I could go there with my kids now (or in a few years time when the youngest isn't.. two years old and the olderst can actually get in the rides.

pacman000

VelociCoaster POV

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
VelociCoaster POV

Might just be me, but why are the people in line clapping. I mean it doesn't take skill to sit through a rollercoaster. I've been to the states, but this is such an outlandish thing to me.

This particular rollercoaster doesn't even seem that extreme to be honest. It's got a good tempo and the only thing that has me shook (while viewing) was that final counterclockwise corkscrew and the quick right-hander immediately afterwards (your body will already be thrown all the way to the left and the righthander will just force even more g-forces upon that situation). Otherwise it seemed like a fairly standard ride with a lot of places where the ride lets you recover.

pacman000

Dragon Quest Island

First I've heard of this; haven't watched it all yet. Sounds cool tho.