• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theme songs

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
So, one of the best parts of any good anime is its theme songs. What are your favorites, and why?

For me there are two: First, the theme to Neon Genesis Evangelion, because it's very energetic, and really works well with the show's atmosphere. Second is the first theme from FMA Brotehrhood, for the same reasons.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I love the 12th theme of Bleach because it gets me up and excited and it's full of delicious spoilers.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
The opening of Evangelion was my favourite part of the show it got me all pumped up. I wouldn't say it matches the atmosphere at all though. "Oh yeah! Giant mechs! Mysterious angels and shadowy organizations! The stuff of legends!" NOW LET'S ALL GET DEPRESSED. Pretty big contrast I think. Good opening nonetheless.

One opening that I absolutely love is Soul Eater's. The music is some crazy blend of techno and rock with an amazing beat and electric guitar riff. The style is friggin' oozing out of it. Tons of energy.

inb4Tank!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Cowboy Bebop opening, has that 007 James Bond feel but more jazzy :)

Uberpolychrome

Soft Reset #2935
Yeah, cruel angel's thesis is a great song. I also liked the code geass one by FLOW, it's nice and upbeat

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Forgot about Bleach, openings 1 and 2 are really good.(I quit watching after that point, switched to manga) Another one I forgot is the first theme of The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, it's great to jam to. :p

Both Durarara!! OPs. The first one was really catchy and fit the atmosphere of the story's setting exceptionally well, and the second one really gets you prepared for what's to come. They are the kinds of OPs I don't mind sitting through every time I start an episode, especially with beautiful animation to match. :)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Well..

Sora Iro Days from Gurren Lagann, Heroes Come Back, Distance and Toumei Datta Sekai from Naruto Shippuden, Best Wishes from Pokemon, New World and Never Give Up from Digimon Xros Wars, Asterisk and D-Techno Life from Bleach, Colors from Code Geass..

And Lastly, Days from Eureka Seven. The first japanese anime intro that I really got into XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I love both Death Note intros. Even before I started watching the anime, I really liked them because they sounded cool. I also enjoy most of the Bleach intros, especially After Dark and Velonica. I like some of the older Naruto Shippuden intros like Blue Bird, but the newer ones are pretty boring. The Fullmetal Alchemist intros are my favorite since they're really catchy.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Deathnote's good, but I'm not really a fan of the second intro. Too metal, didn't really fit the atmosphere of the show.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Last edited:

RLinksoul

And then I was like. "Naw the second opening is best." And then the war started, many lives were lost and in the end... all three were accepted equally. Good end.

Non-CCS related themes I like include the one for Outlaw Star. Lots of good memories there. The opening theme to Shinyraku! Ika Musume is a good cure for any bad mood with it's upbeat cheerfulness and broken-recordness.

One of my favorites has to be "Futatsu no Mirai" the opening theme to Rockman.EXE Axess. I wish they had made a full version.

SmartD

Let's see. Most of the Pokemon Opening songs, the Yu-Gi-Oh GX opening songs, the Medabots opening songs (english and japanese), the 1st and 2nd Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's opening songs, the 1st Powerpuff Girls Z opening song, and the 2004 Astro Boy opening music. Those themes have good music.