• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theoretical Battle Subway

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Well, TrickScarf doesn't work nearly as well as it used to. The AI has changed so that the opponent won't keep using stat-increasing moves or moves that do no damage. But, in that same spirit, comes my new team.

http://i55.*******.com/2njfrr8.png
Durant@Choice Scarf
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Truant
252 Speed, 252 Atk, 6 HP

~Entrainment
~X-Scissor
~Iron Head
~Crunch

I have no idea if Dream World Durant has been released, but if/when it is, oh boy am I going to have fun with this team. The idea is to give the opponent Truant, let them KO me, and go to town with the next guy.

chandelure.png

Chandelure@Focus Sash
Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Trait: Shadow Tag
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

~Protect
~Calm Mind
~Flame Charge
~Flamethrower
Protect on the turns when the opponent is goofing off, Calm Mind up, Flame Charge to +6 Speed, and beat the opponent with either Flamethrower of Shadow Ball. With Flamethrower I have to worry about Flash Fire pogeys, but Shadow Ball does nothing to normal types, which in my experience are quite a bit more common. The best part? My opponent can't even switch out.

200px-445Garchomp.png

Garchomp@Choice Band
Jolly (+Spd., -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Sand Veil
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Fire Fang
~Stone Edge

The clean up. Chandelure should be able to OHKO everything, but just in case Garchomp packs enough punch to kill everything too. Rough Skin is a better ability, but I can't rebreed this Garchomp.

Last edited:

El Panda

No Present For You!
Neither Dream World Chandelyre or Durant have been released, but once they do, it will literally make the Battle Subway a joke, as you have shown with this team which is theoretically unbeatable, unless the AI learns to switch as soon as they get Traunt. I'd give Chandelure Flamethrower because if by the only ones surviving a +6 Flamethrower are those which Flash Fire. Buy of course your Garchomp can take care if those FF pests.Perhaps give Chomp Scarf instead, so that it can outspeed the Scarfed Heatran found in later levels that can destroy the rest of your team.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
The only reason that Garchomp doesn't have Scarf is because I feel that Durant needs it. 109 Base Speed is nice, but I'd like to have a guaranteed Entertainment go off.

Not that this matters until the Dream World gets its act together.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Pardon me, but how would the opponent get traunt via entrainment? Youre going to let durant die after giving 1 pokemon traunt (which could take quite a while with any physical attackers; then again you could just switch), use super weak flame charge for speed boosts on chandelure, then sweep everything with flamethrower while letting garchomp and possibly durant clean up whatevers left? Am i correct?

El Panda

No Present For You!
Yes I completely overlooked that. I guess that will do then, the only possible AI counter is if their pokes have a Shed Shell, Ill look over the list of trainers and see if any of their Pokes actually carry that. Other than that, this team should have no problems. By the way, I looked at the Speed Tier list and if I remember correctly, Scarfed Durant outruns every single Poke in the Battle Subway( including others pokes with Scarfs themselves), just in case you were wondering.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Pardon me, but how would the opponent get traunt via entrainment? Youre going to let durant die after giving 1 pokemon traunt (which could take quite a while with any physical attackers; then again you could just switch), use super weak flame charge for speed boosts on chandelure, then sweep everything with flamethrower while letting garchomp and possibly durant clean up whatevers left? Am i correct?

I plan on having a Durant with 0 IVs in Defense, HP, and Special Defense. I was hoping that Durant would have something like Memento to speed things along, but it doesn't. The prospect of switching is always there but less prefered. The rest of your statement is correct.

El Panda: Fantastic. I was worried about other choice scarfers, but it looks like full investment Durant really does outrun everything. lolbattlesubway.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Oh i had misunderstood entrainment I confused it for Simple Beam. I understand now :)

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I'm now deciding whether or not it would be better to have a bulkier Durant and two potential sweepers. I have a Salamence that could be Protect/Substitute/Dragon Dance/Outrage.

El Panda

No Present For You!
Yes I was about to suggest a DDer to cut down on the number of set up moves.I was thinking Lum Berry for that Sslamance and then Arisl Ace over Substitute. The only thing able to status you will be Pokes with Muschievous Heart, which should easily be shrugged off for a Lum Berry SnD eliminated. Arial Ace for the evasion hacks you know are gonna happen on the Pokes non loafing turns. I prefer Speedy Durant to pretty much guaranee the Entertainment. You could consider one with Focus Sash or bulky version, but then it loses out to the faster Pokes that run Hypnosis (Gengar and Persian are the first that come to mind) that will "miraculously" hit you every time. For the Final Poke, something with Sturdy or Focus Sash ( Does it negate OHKO moves, anybody know), to make you basically Hax proof. I'll get back to you if I find a good fit, as I must depart into the unknown now.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I might add a Focus Sash to Chandelure to stop the odd priority/OHKO moves, but for the time being Garchomp will stay as is.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
You could give Durant the Focus Sash. And TWave, maybe. Then Chandelure could use Lefties, and Chomp could get the Scarf.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Fire Blast would be aimed at Skarmory amyrite?

Because fully special defensive Skarm you'll be maxing out at 42%, but if you
use Fire Fang you'll be doing 47.3% - 56.3% with the help of CB. So in any case,
you'll be doing more damage with better accuracy and PP.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Fire Fang will replace Fire Blast on Garchomp.

The only problem I have with giving Durant anything other than Choice Scarf is the fact that he's not especially fast. As previously mentioned, fast status inducers such as Gengar could come in and use Hypnosis, neutering my strategy. I think that Durant needs the Choice Scarf more than anyone else.

I'm not sure how useful leftovers, despite being a great item will be on Chandelure. He seems to benefit more from a sure-fire way of surviving a priority move than from +1/16 of his health every turn, bar when he's up against Tyranitar, Abomasnow, or Hippowdon.

I will consider Thunder Wave on Durant, but I'm not sure how useful it would be. Durant would function more as a last resort sweeper with three moves than a status inducer since he can only move every other turn.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
I think I understand...

Your Durant will give the opponent truant allowing Chandelure to set up calm minds and flame charges while protecting during the turns that the opponents are attacking. After it is set up you will then easily sweep, NICE idea!

IMO battle subway isn't that hard even with a casual ingame team and the right movesets, but this looks like a full proof method. I look forward to seeing your results

Interesting...

It would be better to rate if I found the things that can stop this, but I digress. Why can you not rebreed the chomp? Does it have godexcellent IV's? And I don't mean to sound rude but what is the point of the Sash on Chandelure? This seems pretty much unbeatable so I don't see much errors but just some questions.

BTW, it is Entrainment, not Entertainment. En - Train - Ment.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Interesting...

It would be better to rate if I found the things that can stop this, but I digress. Why can you not rebreed the chomp? Does it have godexcellent IV's? And I don't mean to sound rude but what is the point of the Sash on Chandelure? This seems pretty much unbeatable so I don't see much errors but just some questions.

focus sash is probably there to stop the scarfed jolly gengars OHKOing with shadow ball and the plan falling to peices

El Panda

No Present For You!
The Focus Sash is there to stop Priority Moves( Aqua Jet in Particular), Quick Claws Hax, and other Focus Sashers. And Scarfed Jolly Gengar does not outspeed a +6 Speed Chandelure.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
The Focus Sash is there to stop Priority Moves( Aqua Jet in Particular), Quick Claws Hax, and other Focus Sashers. And Scarfed Jolly Gengar does not outspeed a +6 Speed Chandelure.

+6 speed seems overkill but fair enough
You forgot sucker punch :)

El Panda

No Present For You!
Yes, forgot about that. And the Speed you should be aiming for on Chandelure is 130, which you should reach with the given EV spread as long as you have a Speed IV over 27,so that it ouspeeds everything in the Battle Subway after two Flame Charges.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Interesting...

Entrainment makes SO much more sense. Garchomp has 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs, so I can't rebreed it.

Focus Sash stops random hax/BS like Quick Claw OHKOs or Critical Hit Aqua Jets.

The 130 Speed comment has been noted.

Also, the point of this team is overkill. I'm going for consistency, not necessarily the fastest team to farm Battle Points.

Last edited: