• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theoretical Discussion: Two Item Slots

Opsilon

I was actually just thinking about this concept the other day, but instead make it a somewhat rare ability that only pokemon like say Ambipom, Machamp, Graveller and other pokes with extra limbs could get. Keeps it from being broken by giving a poke like Skarm Shed shell and lefties but it would still add a refreshing flavor to the metagame and open up new stratagies.

Breloom + toxic orb + life orb = "I can't be affected by status conditions and I'm slightly recovering from what life orb did to me."
Ursaring + flame orb + choice scarf or choice band + Facade = A: outspeed most Pokemon and dish out tons of damage, or B: overkill.

Just two off the top of my head... yup... lots of unbalance.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
I was actually just thinking about this concept the other day, but instead make it a somewhat rare ability that only pokemon like say Ambipom, Machamp, Graveller and other pokes with extra limbs could get. Keeps it from being broken by giving a poke like Skarm Shed shell and lefties but it would still add a refreshing flavor to the metagame and open up new stratagies.

My brother said that exactly the other day!

I mean it makes sence, Pokemon hold items (most aside from slashes, bands etc are held with hands.

So therefore they have one hand to hold an item, and one hand to battle...

What about our genetic freaks with more then two arms ie- Machamp, Ampion etc have 4 arms...

But what about those with no arms.... think about that....

I just did, and they could still hold slashes bands etc...

jwla

I was actually just thinking about this concept the other day, but instead make it a somewhat rare ability that only pokemon like say Ambipom, Machamp, Graveller...

This is a brilliant idea! I would go as far as giving "sticky" Pokémon an ability akin to this, as well.

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
It'd be neat to have a wall have 2 lefties.
A sweeper, 1 life orbs.
holy snop buckets, a sweeper with a choice scarf and choice band/specs.
No..no.. this idea wont work :S

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Ha, think about Bandscarfing. Or LiechiSalac.
I agree with Opsilon, only some pokemon like Ambipom should have it.

Machamp+Scarf+Orb. Nice.

shinylover24

I think it would be CHAOS! pokemon who are steel type with many resistances could become virtually indestructible by stacking supereffective reducing berries. Or even being able to use two different berries like that, a magnezone equipped with occa and chople berry and with the ability levitate could become basically resistant/immune to almost everything except water.

BUT I could see the fun in it too - training would be SO MUCH EASIER! I could equip a lucky egg and exp share and be lazy with my pokemon :p

sages21

mysterious trainer
ya 2 items should be an ability exclusive to a couple pokes but it should have restrictions

holy snazzola it would be utter chaos. all just adding 1 extra slot could cause some much stuff like faster trainer, but overly powerful pokemon when the right combinations are used, like shinylover24 just said.

Flintarceusmanic

Razor claw x 2 on a sencere grace pokemon = flinch hax.
Especialally shaymin.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
what about leiche and custap berries, 1st attack for 1 turn with a boosted attack, Rampardos can get a kick out of this lol

Kyogre's STAB Max Power Water Spout in Rain + ScarfSpecs.

That, my friends, is what overpowered is. This would never work, and there are plenty of combinations that many people probably haven't noticed yet. I mean, really, think about.

Slaking / Regigigas with two Liechi Berries + STAB Giga Impact.

Blaziken 1 HP Reversal + 1 Agility + 2 Liechi Berries.

Alakazam + 2 Specs / SpecsScarf.

Porygon - Z Agility Sub + 2 Petaya Berries + Adaptability Hyper Beam / Tri - Attack.

I was actually just thinking about this concept the other day, but instead make it a somewhat rare ability that only pokemon like say Ambipom, Machamp, Graveller and other pokes with extra limbs could get.
I agree with this. :3 It's a cool idea, but it would be so easy to abuse.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
If they ever did, it should probably only be reserved for a few pokemon that can hold two items as an ability. Someone mentioned Ambipom earlier.

Kamon1

What if its a ability or move that lets you hold two items? Becuase if every pokemon could hold two items, that would just make the game crash! We'd have to send our new games back to Nintendo and have them remake everything!

Kamon1

I think a good idea would be a Venusaur with two Power Lens while EV training and for battling, two Meadow Plates and then Leaf Storm them to the faint! You can get more than one of each plate if they're obtained underground, if not you can just trade over wi-fi. But this isn't reality so it doesn't matter xD

**Jirachi**

It sure is an interesting idea.EV training would be a piece of cake with two macho brace or with other EV enchanting items.Add pokérus and you can finish EV training in like,5 or 6 hours.It would also add a lot of battle strategies.
Lickilicky with explosion+life orb+choice band is something to not mess with:D:D