• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theory on what the next Pokémon movies would have been about

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So it’s been about four years since we’ve gotten a new a Pokémon movie thanks to the whole Covid situation. I didn’t see any place where we could discuss what we all think the possible movie could or could have been since there was no teaser at the end of Secrets of the Jungle. My theory is that a movie centering on Calyrex was next in line and to expand on the Crown Tundra storyline. Basically the Crown Tundra’s crops are dying and need Calyrex’s powers to stabilize the soil and save the crops. But Calyrex lost its powers when Glastier and Spectier ran away from it and that is how Calyrex got into a weakened state as it needs both equine Pokémon’s help to channel its true powers. Calyrex would be able to talk via telepathy as do the two horse Pokémon. The reason that they ran away is because they felt unappreciated by the humans because Calyrex got all the credit and thanks of the people of the Crown Tundra.

After that I think the next movie would have been a time travel entry about the main human character being sent back into time and ends up in Hisui with no explanation. The MC is super confused by their surroundings and how there is no modern technology other than the Arc Phone. The MC is told to seek out Arceus for some answers as it is all knowing and revered as a wise teacher and is often visited by humans for guidance. This would have been released to correspond with the release of BDSP and Legends Arceus.

So what do you guys think? Is it possible or do you think that the movies would have been different?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...four years? We only hit year two a couple weeks ago.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m talking about the movies coming out in Japan first. I don’t know. I’m bad at math okay?

ShuckFam

Pokemon: The last

A movie mainly about Ash and Misty's romance. Misty discovers she is an ancient queen of water type Pokemon and time travelers from the future realize that she is the key to stopping a calamity (paradox Palkia) from destroying the world. They abduct Misty and Ash travels through time and space to rescue his queen but they also stopped the calamity and return to their own time (I guess).

Morax

King of heroes

A movie mainly about Ash and Misty's romance. Misty discovers she is an ancient queen of water type Pokemon and time travelers from the future realize that she is the key to stopping a calamity (paradox Palkia) from destroying the world. They abduct Misty and Ash travels through time and space to rescue his queen but they also stopped the calamity and return to their own time (I guess).
Are you @cricketlaxwolvesbandy 2.0?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cmon Calyrex was such a treat in the DLC tho, it had such a good character
And I thought that my idea that the two legendary horses feeling unappreciated by the humans would give them character growth and make them interesting as they sort of become the movie’s antagonists since they abandon Calyrex and it can’t help the Crown Tundra with its crops which are now slowly dying. Calyrex knows that the humans didn’t intentionally cause Glastier and Spectier to feel hurt and that they don’t deserve to suffer for a misunderstanding. A movie or story can have antagonists that aren’t actually villains as they still provide some conflict but don’t cause it out of evil intentions.

BlueDragonfangirl

Let’s make the movie about one giant ship War, that’d be a blast XD

MaMcMu

Maybe one involving time travel. Instead of focusing on the past (like Journeys did), Ash and Team Rocket get sent to the future. It’s a false utopia that is horrifyingly wrong in every aspect imaginable: the people have no will, technology is supreme, everything is lifeless. This is all because of the main villain, “The Cyber Baron”.
The Cyber Baron is a tyrannical overlord who governs the future with a literal iron fist. He’s also a racist psychopath who strongly believes in mankind’s position as the most dominant life form on Earth and considers all Pokemon “vermin”. The Barons hatred to Pokemon stems from an incident where he lost his right eye as a child and vowed to rid the world of them.
All Pokemon are put into slave labour and replaced with soulless robotic copies. It’s revealed that the Cyber Baron had them build a weapon to “end the war” against Arceus, convinced that all Pokemon will die with the creator of Pokemon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I hope about AU Ash and Pikachu, so I can continue watching at least that portion of anime media.
Distant Blue Sky seems to be a perfect closure to the AU concept of Ash, complete with him getting rid of his AU hat and putting on the OS hat before heading off in a scene calling back to his first ever appearance

ZarudeSandstorm

Distant Blue Sky seems to be a perfect closure to the AU concept of Ash, complete with him getting rid of his AU hat and putting on the OS hat before heading off in a scene calling back to his first ever appearance
We still can get AU Ash travelling, he has developed differently than main Ash, like Mirror Ash

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
We are definitely overdue for a Calyrex/Glastrier/Spectrier movie. I think they're the only Legendary Pokémon to not have made a story appearance in the anime in any way, shape, or form, and Generation VIII was odd in having only one movie whereas all other generations from II and onward have at least four. (I'm guessing the pandemic had something to do with that.)

The fact that they never appeared in the anime at all, whereas Kubfu, Urshifu, Regieleki, and Regidrago showed up in Journeys makes me suspect the Calyrex story was being saved for a movie.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
A movie about Hisui would be more than welcomed. With Enamorus having an important role and showing all Hisuian forms/Evos.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Along with Volo NOT being a Karma Houdini, he should have an army of Ursaluna
Imagine Ancient Hero with 10 Nobles+Enamorus vs Volo with Giratina, H-Zoroark, H-Goodra, , Overqwill, H-Decidueye, H-Typhlosion, H-Samurott and Female Basculegion.
We have an awesome Battle until Arceus appears and banishes Volo in time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
We are definitely overdue for a Calyrex/Glastrier/Spectrier movie. I think they're the only Legendary Pokémon to not have made a story appearance in the anime in any way, shape, or form, and Generation VIII was odd in having only one movie whereas all other generations from II and onward have at least four. (I'm guessing the pandemic had something to do with that.)

The fact that they never appeared in the anime at all, whereas Kubfu, Urshifu, Regieleki, and Regidrago showed up in Journeys makes me suspect the Calyrex story was being saved for a movie.

A movie about Hisui would be more than welcomed. With Enamorus having an important role and showing all Hisuian forms/Evos.
I think that both ideas would have been the other two Gen VIII movies if the pandemic had never happened. The Calyrex would have lined up for the Crown Tundra and the Hisuian movie would have been released near Legends’ was released. I think that the Hisuian movie would be a stand alone Pokémon movie sort of like Detective Pikachu where we follow someone other than Ash or any of his friends.