• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theory: There is no new league rival in the DP opening

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Too bad there's already someone named Jackson from Hoenn who is also known as Vincent from the Legend of Thunder Special.

You act as if no one can't have the same names.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The new league rival should appear only in the league and than leave.(after he will win the league)
Conway and Nando are there so I don't understand what's the problem.

zeno48

Zaker!
^From the looks of it people didn't know he was going to participate. Heck that threw me off.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think that Ash will win the league & the next gen will have a new main character & will travel with Dawn^_^

thunderblade12

If there aren't any League Rivals I can see Ash winning.

Nando and Conway definitely weren't presented as threats for Ash and neither was Barry to be completely honest. And then there's Paul who I can't see Ash losing to at the League regardless of how big of a threat he is.

Just because There's no league rival this time around it dosn't mean that either Ash or Paul will win the league! That's like me saying I should be able to fly if I jump out of a window this time 'cos there's an up-draft! XP

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well i believe it is because his rivals will be Barry and Paul. Personally, i like this more than a new rival that we only see for two episodes.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
If there aren't any League Rivals I can see Ash winning.

Nando and Conway definitely weren't presented as threats for Ash and neither was Barry to be completely honest. And then there's Paul who I can't see Ash losing to at the League regardless of how big of a threat he is.

Yes, I agree. Conway and Nando won't win the league.

Barry, Paul and Ash are the strongest trainers. if a new trainer, like Tyson or Harrison won't appear, I'm sure that one of them will be the winner of the league.

Lunanight

Why not Paul? I know nando is strong but isn't he starting out? Wouldn't that be bad writing? I mean a rookie defeating the sinnoh league. Don't get me wrong i get that nando seems to be gifted but he shouldn't win the league yet.

nando really should not be underestimated as he made it to both the sinnoh league and the grand festival and he most likely got there before ash and dawn.

also, by the time he makes another appearance: all of his pokemon could be evolved(or close).

Torpoleon

Maybe if there is a league rival(which I hope that there is not), they'd introduce him/her at the league. Were the past league rivals in openings 20, 30 or 40 episodes before their debut?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Maybe if there is a league rival(which I hope that there is not), they'd introduce him/her at the league. Were the past league rivals in openings 20, 30 or 40 episodes before their debut?

I think not. Harrison and Tyson didn't appear in the openings. So it means nothing, because the league rival might appear without appearing in the opening.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
At this point I thought Conway was the surprise, am I the only one who didn't kno he was entering? But here hoping there isn't, I'm sick of these good natured "wish we could both win" types coming along out of nowhere and sweeping if anything Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway have way more personality that Ritchie, Harrison or Tyson and if one of them won I wouldn't be nearly as upset

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I hope one of the past league rivals makes a comeback in Sinnoh, instead of a new one. I would like it if perhaps Barry showed to be strong and did better than ash.

Torpoleon

This is because Ash will most likely lose to Nando, especially if Dawn does.
Yet Ash fairly easily beat Nando early Sinnoh and then all of Nando's Pokémon can get creamed by Monferno and Staraptor.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yet Ash fairly easily beat Nando early Sinnoh and then all of Nando's Pokémon can get creamed by Monferno and Staraptor.

Agree, I don't think that Nando could beat Ash/Paul/Barry in the league. Nando might only beat Zoey/Dawn/Kenny in the GF.

Kengo

Banned
Isn't that a bit sexist to say let Dawn lose to Nando, when clearly Dawn has had it rougher than Ash all season. If anyone should lose, it should be Ash because we have no idea what pokemon Nando will have.

KantoChamp46

Honestly, I think Nando winning is pure fan-hope and fan-hype. Not that a lot of things aren't, but there's just no evidence to show Nando winning the League, or even beating Ash. He just doesn't have as much going for him as Ash and Paul and even Barry, and even Conway, who's showing more battling aptitude in the few appearances he's had than Nando. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems completely ridiculous and kind of annoying if he wins. He seems much more a coordinator than a battler, even if he is doing both. And the League is likely to focus on Ash and Paul because their rivalry is finally coming to a peak and this will probably be the climax and ending of their rivalry, with Ash and Paul's battle being the focus of the League. Not guaranteed, but highly likely.

Nando irks me. He didn't bother me at all until everyone started saying OMG NANDO FTW SINNOH LEAGUE WHOOOO WTFBBQ

no. please. He's certainly interesting and a good mix as both coordinator and trainer, but winning the league? I think the fans are getting a little too ahead of themselves here.

And what is it with anime fans generally liking the "mysterious" (put in quotations for a reason) characters who only appear for a few episodes more than anyone else? There just isn't as much to like... I find them more irksome than anything else, though that's mainly because of the completely unreasonable fan-hype that surrounds them. Not just in Pokemon, in all anime practically, mind you. If the fans could lay off... I wouldn't mind Nando. But with everyone proclaiming him to be this like godly beast guaranteed to win the league... my brain hurts for them.

Again, not saying it's impossible for him to win, just saying... the hype around him is... ridiculous. And baffling. Nothing wrong with the character, but why so much obsession?

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Maybe Sakura appears at the League...btw...is it mentioned where she might be now..like..wich region?