• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theory: There is no new league rival in the DP opening

ijea4444

Isn't that a bit sexist to say let Dawn lose to Nando, when clearly Dawn has had it rougher than Ash all season. If anyone should lose, it should be Ash because we have no idea what pokemon Nando will have.

OMG I am sorry, but I have never seen anybody been retorted to and had your opinion devalued so much, and still believe it.

1.Whether Dawn had it rougher or not, Ash will always be stronger because he has been through 4 leagues, and winning one of those leagues, beating a total of 35 gym badges(uh, some of the Kanto badges may not count but you get the point) and going for his 36th, beating 7 Frontier Brains, and been offered the title of Frontier Brain.

And Dawn? She has lost 5/9 contests.

So If thinking ash is stronger because of all that is being sexist, then by golly I am a super-sexist.

2. IT IS NOT SEXIST.

3. Nando has more of a chance to beat Dawn than to beat Ash.

4. Ash has battled (once again) 35 gym leaders and 7 frontier brains, without a single idea what his opponents pokemon would be, so "not knowing Nando's pokemon" is in no way a valid advantage over Ash.

5. Besides Ash has seen as much pokemon of Nando as Dawn has. I have no idea why you think that when Ash was watching the contests the entire time. If Ash will lose to Nando for not knowing his pokemon, then Dawn will lose to Nando for not knowing his pokemon as well.

mimefan

Banned
Umm... I still think Conway will take the role of uberwinnerlulman.
EDIT: WOOP: LEVEL UP.

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Since it seem certain that Ash and all of his Rivals will make it through the preliminaries maybe we'll get a deal similar to Macey or Morrison: someone who will be introduced as a potential friend of Ash's and lose fairly early in the tournament.

Maybe Sakura appears at the League...btw...is it mentioned where she might be now..like..wich region?

Sakura hasn't been mentioned since she appeared in " The Blue Badge of Courage " ages ago. Her situation's similar to Casey's: she was collecting badges in different regions but never managed to get enough in a single region to go into the League. Last time she (Sakura) was mentioned she was trying to get into Kanto's Pokemon League.

Isn't that a bit sexist to say let Dawn lose to Nando

No. Dawn will likely lose the Grand Festival. The chance that she'll be beaten by a female is slightly better then the chance she'll be beaten by a male, actually. 3 to 2 assuming everyone that was shown to be her Rivals makes it.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Since it seem certain that Ash and all of his Rivals will make it through the preliminaries maybe we'll get a deal similar to Macey or Morrison: someone who will be introduced as a potential friend of Ash's and lose fairly early in the tournament.

Maybe Sakura appears at the League...btw...is it mentioned where she might be now..like..wich region?

Sakura hasn't been mentioned since she appeared in " The Blue Badge of Courage " ages ago. Her situation's similar to Casey's: she was collecting badges in different regions but never managed to get enough in a single region to go into the League. Last time she (Sakura) was mentioned she was trying to get into Kanto's Pokemon League.

Isn't that a bit sexist to say let Dawn lose to Nando

No. Dawn will likely lose the Grand Festival. The chance that she'll be beaten by a female is slightly better then the chance she'll be beaten by a male, actually. 3 to 2 assuming everyone that was shown to be her Rivals makes it.

Kengo

Banned
An00bs and ijea4444, Get Real!

Dawn's journey is much more realistic then Ash's.

As I've stated before Charizard is strong, not because of Ash, because of The marvelous Charizific Valley.

Squirtle's squirtle squad makes it stronger.

With that said, at least Dawn trains her own Pokemon, even if they chose not to evolve.

You guys are telling me it's 100% confirmed that Dawn's never going to win a Grand Festival on her first try.

And your telling me Ash worked hard for every gym badge he had won, yea ok.

There are other trainers better then Ash, and who work harder, and Dawn is one of them.

Dawn has shown to work harder during the whole damn series, and that is a fact.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
And what is it with anime fans generally liking the "mysterious" (put in quotations for a reason) characters who only appear for a few episodes more than anyone else? There just isn't as much to like... I find them more irksome than anything else, though that's mainly because of the completely unreasonable fan-hype that surrounds them. Not just in Pokemon, in all anime practically, mind you. If the fans could lay off... I wouldn't mind Nando. But with everyone proclaiming him to be this like godly beast guaranteed to win the league... my brain hurts for them.

Again, not saying it's impossible for him to win, just saying... the hype around him is... ridiculous. And baffling. Nothing wrong with the character, but why so much obsession?
One of the more intelligent things I've read about Nando here. Part of it may have to do with the fact that Robert was brought out as sort of a "wild card" in Hoenn, and fans expect history to repeat itself. But I agree that some sort of power cap needs to be placed on him, especially as someone who still hadn't decided upon a firm path of training at the beginning of the saga.
Now where did the idea of Sakura come from?
Kengo said:
*stuff*
You're all sexist.
*more stuff*
Ha ha ha! You said "sex"! Ha ha ha!

Kengo

Banned
But seriously, there are sexist fans in POKEMON. WHY? BECAUSE TOO MANY PEOPLE THINK HIGHLY OF ASH BEING THE GREATEST.

V Faction

www.faction.com
But seriously, there are sexist fans in POKEMON. WHY? BECAUSE TOO MANY PEOPLE THINK HIGHLY OF ASH BEING THE GREATEST.
Well, he does want to be the greatest there ever was. Some might say the very best. It's a test of training, really. Or even a search across every single land.

Kengo

Banned
Well, he does want to be the greatest there ever was. Some might say the very best. It's a test of training, really. Or even a search across every single land.

True but to say he's worked hard for everything he has is bull.

That's because 90% of his Gym Battles in Kanto were Bull.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss

And Johto? And Hoenn? And Sinnoh? Pokemon like Sceptile, Swellow, Staraptor, Infernape, and Torterra, yeah he trained with them and they're some of his most powerful Pokemon.

I know I shouldn't be feeding you, but sometimes I just can't resist.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Kengo I'm not even sure what you're getting at.

Yes, it is all but certain that Dawn will lose the Grand Festival. No, I don't feel that Dawn deserves to win the Grand Festival,. That does not mean that I hate Dawn or anything that Dawn has done. It just means that I believe Dawn's journey isn't over yet. She has a lot more growing to do as a person as a Coordinator before she can be seen as a serious contender. At the moment I feel that all of her rivals (even Jessie) are still a step ahead of her.

Ash's journey and progress has nothing to do with Dawn's. I'm not even sure why you're comparing the two since they're two different classes going after two different goals. In general I feel that Pokemon Training is more forgivable to a Trainer who loses then Pokemon Contests are to a Coordinator who loses. For that Dawn and other Coordinators have to push themselves even further then the average Trainer.

Ash is a much better Trainer today then he was in Kanto but that's because he's has much more time to grow on-screen then Dawn or anyone else really. The anime is primarily about Ash's journey with Dawn, May, and whoever else just being supporting characters.

But seriously, there are sexist fans in POKEMON. WHY?

Who cares?

I don't, and I'm a woman.

Kengo

Banned
And Johto? And Hoenn? And Sinnoh? Pokemon like Sceptile, Swellow, Staraptor, Infernape, and Torterra, yeah he trained with them and they're some of his most powerful Pokemon.

I know I shouldn't be feeding you, but sometimes I just can't resist.

Are you flirting with me, aww <3.

In all seriousness, though, Ash doesn't deserve his Kanto credit.

YukiJadenSurvives

Don't get me wrong, Ash is an alright hero and all, but he's been the same exact character for, what, thirteen years now? He's had zero development in all the time he's been on the show, and whatever development he may gain disappears at the beginning of the next region he travels to. It's about time some new kid took over for Ash as the lead protagonist.

I could be wrong (and probably am), but hey, a man can dream, can't he?

How has Ash had no development at all? Watch the 1st-3rd episode and watch the episodes now.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss

Kengo

Banned
o_O

Who said that? Of course Ash's Kanto journey was cheap unbelievable crap. But Johto onward, it was pretty decent.

Finally someone who gives Johto credit as the best season. Or at least the first where Ash's team was balanced and properly used.

Conway's strengths are currently unknown.

V Faction

www.faction.com

Too true. You know what else is bull? Tauros. Tauros is so bull that it's not even funny. Tauros is also 100% Male. It's completely sexist.

ijea4444

An00bs and ijea4444, Get Real!

Dawn's journey is much more realistic then Ash's.
Exactly.It is more realistic for Dawn to lose, than Dawn to win. So since her journey is more realistic she will lose.
As I've stated before Charizard is strong, not because of Ash, because of The marvelous Charizific Valley.
He was strong before he went to the Valley, once again, false information on your part.
Squirtle's squirtle squad makes it stronger.
See above comment
With that said, at least Dawn trains her own Pokemon, even if they chose not to evolve.
? Ash did this way before her. Umm... Pikachu, bulbasaur, squirtle, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Corphish, etc. And once again, false information. Ash trains MORE than Dawn, I have no idea where you are getting your information from.
You guys are telling me it's 100% confirmed that Dawn's never going to win a Grand Festival on her first try.
No one ever said 100%. But extremely, very likely.
And your telling me Ash worked hard for every gym badge he had won, yea ok.

There are other trainers better then Ash, and who work harder, and Dawn is one of them.
You are an idiot
Dawn has shown to work harder during the whole damn series, and that is a fact.1. you can't measure work, and therefore cannot say its fact, 2. She has not worked harder than ash.

Please get your information correct before making comments.

EDIT:

1. There are sexists everywhere not just pokemon.
2. As far as I know there is no user in serebii that goes on daily who is sexist, or has revealed themselves enough to be considered sexist.
3. No one thinks Ash is the greatest, no one has ever said that. But people do think Ash is strong(refer to my other post if you already forgot his accomplishments.). Strong =/= greatest
4. This is the definition of sexism. People think Ash is strong because of his accomplishments not becuase he is a male. Therefore, NOT SEXIST!

Last edited:

Kengo

Banned
V Faction and ijea4444, to poke fun is a very wrong thing to do. Why?

Because you 2 present no factual information.

Ash is so perfect is all you guys are saying. In other words, the male characters are so much better then the females, because all the females are useless and don't deserve to win major competitions.

Isn't that what you're saying.