• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Theory: There is no new league rival in the DP opening

NES

Flip me to the side!
Nando won't beat Dawn or Ash imo, they are both over him. Especially becuase his peak was at the beginning of DP, Dawn has improved a lot and i think Ash will get his best league this time.

This sexist arguments are nonsense, there is nothing sexist with girls loosing, specially Dawn which is her first GF and it wouldn't be weird if she gets defeated by a male or female. Ash can loose as well, but he is way more experienced doing leagues, if he wins this time it would make sense to me.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well you thought wrong because that Pokemon could sweep that entire teem if their stats are right.

Look at Paul's Ursurang.

LOL FAIL.

You talk about stats then you give an anime example.

Ha.

Also, one pokemon isn't going to sweep an entire team without set up, and without other pokemon to help in that, they're going down.

Especially if they get confused, put to sleep, or any other status effect.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I dunno what to say about Nando personally, like Ash and Dawn he just started out at the beginning of the region, if he was to win the Grand Festival then what's to stop him from winning the league because he's going for both activities and apparently accels at them both...but yet contest's more so since we've seen him beat Zoey..but never face down any of Ash's rivals.

Conway seems like the only person I could see posibly stopping Ash if he gets past Paul, Barry's a joke.

Thriller

Its almost time
You know something? I want to see a full-on "Jun Vs. Shinji" fight. No quick montage, no brief clip of just the ending, the full thing. If it comes to the fact that all three will be in different tiers, I want to see it happen, even if it means no Ash Vs. Jun fight.

Quite obviously, it'll mean Ash would root for Jun just by default (why would he want his sworn enemy to win?).

Kengo

Banned
LOL FAIL.

You talk about stats then you give an anime example.

Ha.

Also, one pokemon isn't going to sweep an entire team without set up, and without other pokemon to help in that, they're going down.

Especially if they get confused, put to sleep, or any other status effect.

baahahaa...no

YOU FAIL.

This is because Paul's Ursurang took out 3 of Ash's Pokemon, Cynthia's Garchomp took out 4 of Paul's.

Kenny's Prinplup, stronger could probably take out 3 of Ash's Pokemon as well.

This strategy is the best. You have to push everything out of the way, to just take it.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
This strategy is the best. You have to push everything out of the way, to just take it.

No, one Pokemon doesn't equal success. Paul isn't anywhere near Cynthia's level, so that Garchomp battle hardly counts. Cynthia has 6 Pokemon, each with diverse moves and abilities to support each other. Paul has 6, Ash has 6, all the top trainers have 6 very strong Pokemon.

They didn't get anywhere with only one strong Pokemon and a bunch of weaklings, because besides legendaries, no Pokemon is invincible.

terminoob

The Underdog
baahahaa...no

YOU FAIL.

This is because Paul's Ursurang took out 3 of Ash's Pokemon, Cynthia's Garchomp took out 4 of Paul's.

...Paul's Ursaring took out Pikachu, Staraptor, and Buizel. Pikachu and Staraptor had already been severely hurt. Cynthia is the ELITE FOUR CHAMPION. Kenny can not, will not, and never will, take out 3 of Ash's Pokemon with Prinplup, considering Ash beat Barry's Empoleon, that is STRONGER than a Prinplup...

Kengo

Banned
True, but you must understand that there's always that one Pokemon, that lasts longer then the others, that is that trainer's true key to success.

Conway's Slowking, Nando's Roselia, Paul's Ursurang, and Ash's Infernape, are those Pokemon.

wiitard119

i hope there isnt a new league rival...
And there better not be or else all the Paul and Barry, etc rivals will just be a
useless character rival, made to just waste episodes.

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Whoever happens to be in the climactic league battle, here's betting that it will be done by the worst animation team.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
i hope there isnt a new league rival...
And there better not be or else all the Paul and Barry, etc rivals will just be a
useless character rival, made to just waste episodes.

Yes I hope too, because this new rival might beat Ash in the final after that Ash will beat Paul.

Tyson for example appeared only in the league, and than he defeated Ash so I hope it won't happen again,

V Faction

www.faction.com
Whoever happens to be in the climactic league battle, here's betting that it will be done by the worst animation team.
Nonsense!

It'll actually be a string of multiple episodes hand-crafted with the shitiest crap ever conceived by human hands, rather than just the one. It'll be climactic crap. Crap-mactic.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
baahahaa...no

YOU FAIL.

So I take it the part about stats not being applicable to the anime world flew right over your head.

And the fact that in-game and in the anime, having only one pokemon does not a successful team make (hell, it's not even a team).

Especially in-game, where a single pokemon team would get wrecked by every other team in existence.

Hell, your logic fails anyway since Paul, Kenny, and Cynthia all have more then one pokemon.

Wait, why am I even in a conversation with someone who's clearly talking out of their rear?

DAMN I JUST GOT TROLLED AGAIN.

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Nonsense!

It'll actually be a string of multiple episodes hand-crafted with the shitiest crap ever conceived by human hands, rather than just the one. It'll be climactic crap. Crap-mactic.

Quite right. It is necessary to drag said excrement over as many commercial breaks as possible in order to achieve maximum climactastical marketing efficiency.

thunderblade12

Well you thought wrong because that Pokemon could sweep that entire teem if their stats are right.

Look at Paul's Ursurang.

Argument is automatically null and void.

But just to entertain this idea, it should based on the quality of the battle. Cynthia's Garchomp taking down 4 of Paul's pokemon can't be compared to Paul's Ursaring taking down three of Ash's. Garchomp knocked all of Paul's pokemon out with one shot and wasn't even tired. Ursaring needed multiple power ups just to handle Ash's three pokemon and was so tired afterwards it couldn't even lay a finger of Chimchar.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I see them surprising us with a league rival right before the Sinnoh League begins.

Maybe not this time precisely. because there are many rivals. in Hoenn there was only one, Morrison, so they had to make another rival. this time there already 4, so they might not add another one.

Elxar

I would at least want Ash reach top 4 this time. And the writers should be creative and pull unexpected stuff like pitting Ash in one of his rivals in the first match of the league. And more interesting opponents.

psbigg

idk i mean in kanto ash had as rivals richie and garry in johto he had garry and harrison in hoen he had tyson and morison now in sinoh he already has two paul and barry and as seen in the new opening he has conway and nando i dont think the will add more

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The rival won`t appear until the leauge starts.It will be a character they write in for the leauge.It happened for all the previous league.