• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Therapists

Do you talk to a therapist?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Why are you asking?

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bronzong#1

Cell Shaded
I know this may be a touchy subject but did you/ do you talk to a therapist, and if so why?

I'll start for me I talk to one and have been since I was about 16 it is because I have depression and my parents were worried about me so they started sending me to one (sometimes against my will. we (my therapist and I) have had monthly talks about life and many other thoughts for the past 7 1/2 years.

Kingsley

do my dance
I've been to a therapist like twice because someone in my school told something to a teacher and they told my parents they had to take me to a therapist.
The therapist lady was bossy and always tried to finish my sentences, and the second time I went I wasn't as sad as I usually was so they figured I was better because I never had to go again.

Antithesis

I did for a while just to deal with coming out and some other depression issues, it's nothing to be ashamed of or anything. The worst thing someone can do is keep their emotions bottled up. An important thing, though, is finding a therapist that actually works for you: it's a waste of time and money to talk to someone who you can't connect with or confide in. Nothing wrong with going through numerous therapists, it took me three tries before I got someone I clicked with.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I've seen a therapist for a while for different reasons. Bullying, contemplating suicide, school and family issues, and all that jazz.

Casual

Dance till I drop
From...10-18 I saw several therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc and went to hospitals and did that whole fun runaround until one doctor finally said "It's BPD so there's no medication to 'cure' it".

And then I moved, stopped taking meds, and starting learning to deal w/ it. Haven't had a panic attack in 3 months and haven't been to a hospital in a year and five months. I'm so proud of me. |3

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I had some anger management issues when I was younger. When I was 16ish I snatched my mom off the floor by her throat (Eagle claw style) because she disconnected me from a call with my girlfriend.

I/we also went to a marriage councilor when my wife and I hit some hard times.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I was bullied by a person in school I was so upset that I became open to my therapist.