• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

There are no flying pokemon!

Ridley

Rawr
I once brought up Roost as a reason for why Chatot was changed from pure Flying to Normal/Flying, but now I'm not so sure. All single type Pokemon technically have a second type, which has no weaknesses or resistances. This may as well be the ??? type for argument's sake. If this pure Flying type were to lose the Flying type for a turn, it wouldn't suddenly crash the game, it would just have this ??? type. In terms of flavor though, it doesn't make much sense for a Pokemon to suddenly have no type, not even Normal.

On that note, somebody hack up a Sky Arceus with Roost and see what happens.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
I once brought up Roost as a reason for why Chatot was changed from pure Flying to Normal/Flying, but now I'm not so sure. All single type Pokemon technically have a second type, which has no weaknesses or resistances. This may as well be the ??? type for argument's sake. If this pure Flying type were to lose the Flying type for a turn, it wouldn't suddenly crash the game, it would just have this ??? type. In terms of flavor though, it doesn't make much sense for a Pokemon to suddenly have no type, not even Normal.

I agree that it'd be the ??? type too, but what about W/Rs, all neutral ? as for the SkyArceus with Roost hack, that'd be interesting if someone hacked and tried this, to see the W/Rs.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I do see how a bird that never lands could be pure flying. I always though a mammal with no special abilities (Fire, dark, water, ect.) would be normal, so maybe a flying reptile (NOT a dragon) could work?

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
How about a rod those things in photos sometimes they might be a pure flying type.

Those were found out to not be real. They are an illusion of small bugs or birds to be blurred by a camera lens due to light and the frames video cameras had or just a blur from the picture taken from a regular camera.

EDIT:

I already have the Azure Pipe, but I'm not far enough to use it in-game (I only have my Fen Badge still lol; I don't want to rush playing the game).

Last edited:
wow its b/c other wise an only flying type that used roost would become a no type

Ridley

Rawr
Well, instead of an Arceus, I just did some testing with a Smeargle that knew Conversion and Roost. Turn one, he turns into a Flying type. Turn two he uses Roost and my partner Earthquakes him. He gets hit no problem. So really, if a pure Flying type used Roost, it would simply have no weaknesses or resistances for the rest of that turn. It's not really an issue.