• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Therefore, I am (Sign-ups)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Posting a WIP, yay

Name: Isaac Greene /
Class: Thief: Profiting from the losses of others is their love. Able to be swift in shadow, and crafty in bartering. Locks are enemies, and lock-picks are their swords.
8dEhwkn.png

Description: Isaac is a young man of rather average height. He has a fit body due to working out often, and does his best to maintain it. He also has natural tanned skin, having a golden hue to it. His hair is chestnut brown, and kept short and casual. His eyebrows are slightly darker in color, giving his otherwise bright green eyes a more laid back look to them. He is mostly seen with either a heartfelt smile or a sly grin on his face, and people consider him to be attractive, which he is somewhat oblivious to himself.

His In-Game attire is a rather common look for his class. Fancying the Light Armor, Isaac dresses in a sleeveless blue vest, and a pair of black leather pants. He also wears black sleeves. His shoes are black and dark blue, and give him an edge in speed and agility. He dresses in the way to play his role the most efficiently. He wears a dark blue Bandana, and a reddish cape is fastened to a leather harness he wears. The harness also matches his utility belt, which has two holsters for his dagger and Rapier sword.

Personality: etc

Background: You won't know the "True Story", and have been implanted memories that make you think you've just started playing BEO. Write until you realize you could no longer log-out.

Equipment: Instead of choosing specific weapons and equipment, you will list out a type of weapon and/or armor instead, like this.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Ok, I think I'm done. Some of the skills are stuff they know how to do in real life that carried over to game world. (Stella can sew, Leo can cook, etc.) They're not part of the class. xD

I feel like Stella should have one more skill, but I don't know what that would be.

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Ok, I think I'm done. Some of the skills are stuff they know how to do in real life that carried over to game world. (Stella can sew, Leo can cook, etc.) They're not part of the class. xD

I feel like Stella should have one more skill, but I don't know what that would be.

I was going to post and help you but I see you're done. I just got home but everything looks fine.

Esotericas for cooking would be something like

Desynthesis Ability to break down animal parts into useful materials
Ingredient Knowledge Ability to identify by sight/smell consumable objects that can be harvested
Chef's Delight Ability to infuse food with beneficial qualities

an easy guide to this would be every MMORPG that has Cooking, ie Runescape or FFXIV or WoW

Equipment wise, if you have a Tome like for Stella, obviously you would suffer from being unable to fight in melee range. Maybe your spells need time to be cast? Maybe your spells are weak against certain foes? Maybe the spells you use are destructive in nature and deal lots of damage but are easy to dodge. Maybe they consume lots of stamina and mana, like what Schade has said. Maybe you need to be able to see the enemy to be able to use your spells at them etc.

however, right now, Monster Guy, you're pretty much Accepted, lmao. I should get a list going.

Vern

Why not both?
Signup for SAO

Name: ALF (her screen name, and what she prefers to be called)
Class: Channeller - A variant of the ‘Mage’ class, an Channeller taps the powers of tomes and other magical objects, instead of tapping into their own mana. This allows them quicker access to magic as well as more efficient use of mana, at the cost of their magic being limited to the artefacts they have on hand, leaving them helpless when they have no items and decreasing versatility.

Description: Long, messy, surprisingly un-shiny black hair. Pale skin. On the skinny side, not exactly physically strong. Scary, creepy red eyes. Wears a large, hooded black robe in the game (it casts a shadow over her face when the hood is up), over with simple set of clothes of a similar colour. Generally has a ghostly feel to her.

Personality: Outwardly nice, friendly, well-mannered, smiles/laughs a lot, happy-go-lucky and has a witty sense of humour. Can talk a lot, has strong opinions and isn’t afraid to express them in conversation. Really jaded, cynical, very street-smart and suspicious of others. Great actor, liar, very good at faking emotions. Doesn’t care what others think, generally looks down on society as a whole. Sees herself as an empty/bad person. Loner at heart. Obsessed with fantasy and sci-fi, so she knows a lot. Doesn’t interact with others when she doesn’t have to. Hates physical contact. Extended contact with people and crowded places tire her out, needs her alone time. Has a really creepy side that she hides away in a basement somewhere.

Background: ALF was the victim of a lot of bullying throughout her childhood (she went to a rather unpleasant school), perhaps because her meekness at that age made her very easy to pick on. Her parents were poor back then, but became quite well-off since due to successful business ventures but very busy, so she had to care for herself a lot of the time. By the time she became 13, she had developed very good acting skills and a likeable persona to shield herself with, and was well-equipped against anything society could throw at her. She made her way through her school life relatively peacefully, and although she never had a close friend, she had a few acquaintances who didn’t mind her company, and she didn’t mind theirs, so it was all good. Still, disillusioned and cynical about life and human society, she began to feel that something was missing from her life, and that she wanted more out of her existence than a life spent conforming to societal norms in a boring world - hence, Blade Estorica Online. She logged in, realised she couldn’t get out, and, in a moment of clarity, realised that she was OK with it.

You won't know the "True Story", and have been implanted memories that make you think you've just started playing BEO. Write until you realize you could no longer log-out.

Equipment: Instead of choosing specific weapons and equipment, you will list out a type of weapon and/or armor instead, like this.

Dark Rifle: An enchanted sniper rifle of sorts, more of an ancient artefact than a modern piece of technology. A long, obsidian coloured staff-like structure, it allows the user to fire concentrated bolts of shadowy energy over long distances.

Advantages:
- Long Range.
- Near-perfect accuracy.
- No ammo needed.
- Massive critical hit damage.
- Fast rate-of-fire.

Disadvantages:
- Extremely cumbersome to wield in short distances.
- Individual bolts deal very low damage without critical hits.
- Must have constant energy channeled into it for it to function, so it drains mana very fast when in use.
- Can be blocked easily by magical shields.

Summoner’s Tome: A magical book that allows the user to call upon the (temporary) assistance of spirits, demons, and the like.

Advantages:
- Lightweight and easy to carry around, like all tomes.
- Allows access to multiple types of summons.
- Like other tomes, the magic is easily accessible and fast.

Disadvantages:
- Summoning requires a lot of mana, more than a normal summoning spell.
- Like all other tomes, has a limited amount of uses before being rendered ‘hollow’.

Shadow Tome: A magical book that allows the user to call upon shadow magics in battle.

Advantages:
- Extremely versatile, allowing access to a wide range of magics.
- Is very durable, allowing many, many uses.
- Great for debuffs and disruption.

Disadvantages:
- Somewhat lacking in the damage department. Lacks the raw power of elemental tomes.
- While the initial capacity is large, recharging takes a long time.

Manaweaver’s Amulet: A small charm in the form of a silver necklace with a blue jewel. Allows the holder to tap into its energy and create all sorts of mana constructs.

Advantages:
- Versatile, constructs can range from offensive (spears) to defensive (barriers) to anything in between, although defence is where it shines.
- Great at defending against magical attacks.

Disadvantages:
- Fairly low mana storage, requires recharging often.
- Constructs are weak to physical attacks.
- Offensive capabilities aren’t extremely effective.

Enchantress’s Robe: A set of black, hooded robes.

Advantages:
- Lightweight, allows for easy movement, and is comfortable.
- Boosts the power of the user’s support/debuff spells.
- Allows access to certain shadow-related abilities.

Disadvantages:
- Offers little protection against attacks.
- Easily damaged, needs to be repaired often.

Skills:

Mana Channelling: A skill unique to channellers, it allows the user to draw upon and manipulate the mana and other energies stored within ancient artefacts. It is rarely used, due to the advanced knowledge of ancient runes and other concepts that is required, and takes much practice to master. Outside of combat, it allows the user to derive information and replenish their own energy through the same artefacts. It’s Esotericas have different effects depending on the artefact they are applied to.
Esotericas: Drain (drains energy from an artefact for use), Replenish (‘recharges’ a spent artefact), Analyse (allows the user to gain access to information about any artefact).

Shadow Mastery: A skill that allows the user to make use of dark magics. It has many applications and great versatility, requiring much practice to master due to the attention to detail that is required in its use.
Esotericas: ShadowStep (pseudo-teleportation), varying curses (debuffs), Shadow Cloak (makes the user hard to detect), ShadowBolt (a bolt of energy), Night Vision (see in the dark! yay!).

Sharpshooter: A skill that allows the user to use ranged weapons and attacks with great accuracy, usually through sight-related enhancements. Useful for hunting.
Esotericas: Eagle Eye (removes any sight debuffs, makes vision clearer), Hunter’s Mark (allows the user to ‘lock on’ to a target), One-Shot-Kill (greatly boosts critical hit damage), Scope (allows the user to ‘zoom in’ on a target).

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
shadow magic that's spoopy!

Vern

Why not both?
shadow magic that's spoopy!

I like spoopy things. Especially shadow magic.

Just wondering, what's the tech level in this world? So far, a lot of people seem to be assuming a medieval/fantasy thing (me included), but I just realised that it may not be the case. Do we get access to stuff like guns, tanks, mobile phones, and stuff?

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Just wondering, what's the tech level in this world? So far, a lot of people seem to be assuming a medieval/fantasy thing (me included), but I just realised that it may not be the case. Do we get access to stuff like guns, tanks, mobile phones, and stuff?

Oh, right. Well, you're in a ~game~ right now, so you have a mix between fantasy and sci-fi stuff, think ffxiv.

Obviously, things like mobile phones wouldn't be there, but there's no reason to have large mechanical vehicles or guns.

Cobalt XIV

Just a heads up, but I'm going to try to submit a character before the weekend comes. It may be a paladin or cleric archetypal character.