• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

There's a New Gym Leader in Town! (772)

But you are being biased. You love making excuses for him. Just because you like the pokemon doesn't mean that it's strong. I sort of like Unfezant but I would never say she's strong but she she's borderline mediocre. He can't defeat opponents and he gets defeated quickly. He's a laughing stock and he's weak. It's time to accept it. Oshawott, like most of Best Wishes, is extremely flawed.

I think you're the bias one. There is notthing wrong with flaws, Best Wishes isn't perfect .Oshawott isn't a laughing stock, there's nothing wrong with losing. We can't always win everything, that's life.

Graham Aker

I think you're the bias one. There is notthing wrong with flaws, Best Wishes isn't perfect .Oshawott isn't a laughing stock, there's nothing wrong with losing. We can't always win everything, that's life.

Right, right. No matter how much you try defend Oshawott, it's a joke of a Pokemon now. When it was actually showing some kind of progress earlier on in the series. It's now the butt-monkey of Ash's team. Please take off your rose-tinted glasses, and look at the Pokemon for what it is.

LizardonX

Banned
My faith in the writers has been restored somewhat. They didn't disgrace cheren :D

Right, right. No matter how much you try defend Oshawott, it's a joke of a Pokemon now. When it was actually showing some kind of progress earlier on in the series. It's now the butt-monkey of Ash's team. Please take off your rose-tinted glasses, and look at the Pokemon for what it is.

Considering I don't wear glasses right now, I really don't need to see Pokemon for what it is. I take the good with the bad and enjoy the series and not expect too much out of a kids show, and bashing it becuase Ash's Pokemon aren't what people want them to.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
So Oshawott lost, can't say I'm surprised, seeing as they've done nothing with him (despite all the screentime he got).

Considering I don't wear glasses right now, I really don't need to see Pokemon for what it is. I take the good with the bad and enjoy the series and not expect too much out of a kids show, and bashing it becuase Ash's Pokemon aren't what people want them to.

It's a figure of speech.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
It's a figure of speech.

Exact. From a dictionary:

rose-colored glasses > if someone thinks about or looks at something with rose-colored glasses, they think it is more pleasant than it really is

Basically, one looks through rose-colored glasses when he/she observes something superficially and refuses to look deeper into a matter or to acknowledge some details.

---

I'm glad that Cheren appeared in the anime, but I expected a bit more to be honest. It seemed more that he was put there just for fanservice, kinda like with Marlon.

The battle was terribly rushed and... Oshawott lost? Can't say I didn't expect that, but I would have preferred a tie. At least by tying no one would have appeared better than the other: Cheren could have shown to be capable and Oshawott could have demonstrated to not be a pathetic joke.

A part of those things, I think that the episode was rather good. I liked the whole school plot and I liked Cheren.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Its not everyday that Ash meets the Pokemon video game character Cheren. I'm sorry that Oshawott lost to Cheren's Herdier. Now what Ash planning to do? He already got eight Gym Unova Badges.

Nightstar1994

Woah, at first i thought Cheren's behavior would be completely different than what i saw after watching the episode. He acted so calm. To think it's the same Cheren that was your rival in B/W 1 (Oh why THIS Cheren didn't appear, if BW1 Bianca did >.<)

Also, any idea if his Seiyuu is the same that in the BW 2 Anime Trailer?

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Cheren sure is pretty...

So did we find out what badge he gives out? It didn't look like it from the pictures.

Sprinter1988

So Oshawott lost. Well it is the most disappointing of Ash's Unova pokemon, so I'm not surprised. I had such high hopes for Ash when he caught all three starters as well.
Is it just me, or does Oshawott not actually seem to deserve to have the move Hydro Pump? I mean, Squirtle had earned it by the time he got the move, and Palpitoad has proven itself worthy of the move time and time again. To me, Oshawott having such a powerful move cheapens it.

I know that the usual argument against Oshawott evolving is "Merchandising" and although it annoys me, I get it. But surely the very worst thing they could do for merchandising is make Oshawott as bad as it is?

Haunter ゴースト

Ugh, Ash/Oshawott lost... AGAIN.

Nah, i'm sick of this now Ash loses way too frequently and it's ridiculous. I'd accept the matter if Ash hadn't been to the League yet but he has and thats a sign of strength and experience. Oshawott losing for the 1millionth time just makes Ash look worse and worse.

The rest of the episode looks good, but Ash losing yet again has made me realise just how much the writers suck.

2/10.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
The battle was so rushed it was laughable. XD I really wonder why they had Oshowott lose. Those darn Critical Hits.

But other than that CHEREN APPEARED! and DENTO HAD A bIGGER ROLE. YAY.

Probably because Stunfisk is weak to water. Plus it can't move nearly as well as Pansage and we saw what happened to it.

Well it's double-double, but Stunfisk are mostly in the bottom of ponds and in puddles and Pansage was trained and or naturally good at swimming in water. So pretty much what you said. :p

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I did not rage at the battle. I thought it was good and very nicely done. Although herdier kind of gimped himself by dropping fire fang.

Probably because they knew the fans would rage and we all know the writers love nothing more than to piss off the fans and lose them as viewers.

No they don't, you know nothing the writers want to do. The raging fanbase is the fault of the fans expecting too much again. So the fans should be piss off at themselves for hyping everything in BW.

And say Ash wins too much in XY, then people would say Ash should lose.

Grey Wind

I wrote how I feel about Oshawott losing in the next Pokémon thread.

To repeat here: It needs to get off Ash's team.

It is the worst Pokémon he's ever had, it's his weakest Unova Pokémon ever.

Scraggy is far more impressive.

I want Oshawott gone.

This is why Ash looks like a joke trainer, because the writers and executives focus why too god damn much on merchandise, that it screws Ash over as a trainer who wants to be a Pokémon master.

I want it gone, release, trade, whatever, I don't want to see the loser any more on Ash's team. I've had it with that stupid Sea Otter Pokémon.
Don't be so melodramatic. Oshawott getting released would be absolutely ridiculous and wouldn't solve anything. It would just make an already badly written character even worse. You've regularly complained that releases make for awful television, just because you don't like Oshawott(/have become disappointed with it) doesn't mean it should be released. It's the same ridiculous mentality that was around when people suggested Drayden taking Dragonite away. Fixing bad writing with more bad writing won't fix anything.

I mean, really.

That said, this wasn't a very good episode. It was just... boring. Three quarters of it was bland filler, while the last couple of minutes was just an extremely rushed battle. I'm really getting tired of Axew's baby antics. Both he and Scraggy were becoming more grown up throughout the series, but Axew still seems to be stuck in the same rut. I don't mind them giving him some baby-ish traits, but having every bad situation be caused by Axew is just getting too repetitive. Seeing Unfezant or someone who's not usually silly like Axew would be refreshing (like Excadrill!).

Everything relating to Axew's mishap was pretty bland. I was hoping that when Cheren finally appeared in the anime he would be more than just a generic CotD. 8( His role in the episode felt utterly pointless (as did... everything that happened). Cilan's scene with the Ducklett were pretty funny (nice to see Pansage showing some personality too), but yeah. Doesn't redeem a bad episode.

I could have lived with Oshawott losing if the battle hadn't been so terrible. Couldn't they have cut some of the Pokemon searching and had a proper battle? I'm getting so tired of BW cutting so many battles short and just having poor one-on-one battles.

Pretty boring and bland episode overall. I hope the rest of Episode N isn't stuffed with generic "look what Axew did" fillers.

Haunter ゴースト

I did not rage at the battle. I thought it was good and very nicely done. Although herdier kind of gimped himself by dropping fire fang.

If you feel like that i'm pleased for you because for me, it's the very opposite.

No they don't, you know nothing the writers want to do. The raging fanbase is the fault of the fans expecting too much again. So the fans should be piss off at themselves for hyping everything in BW.

This battle was not hyped at all, infact the only hyped thing of this episode was meeting Cheren. As a fan, i did not hype myself at all for the battle as i figured it would end with a draw or unresolved battle (which is still horrendous enough nowadays but i'd have settled with it) but i know for a fact i didn't want Ash to lose yet again and that's exactly what happened.

Ridiculous.

And say Ash wins too much in XY, then people would say Ash should lose.

Speaking for myself alone, no i wouldn't.

I was a big fan of the OS Beyblade as a kid, Tyson was the perfect example of a strong character who lost occassionally.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
On a lighter note.
V
[IMG139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/fe78717b70b48c20d921f53d170d0a94/tumblr_mhhmvjSvhR1r4161ao1_400.jpg[/IMG139]

Huah!

I really dig that pic even though this battle was pretty lame IMO since I expected a lot more from Oshawott.

I've never cared for Oshawott, so I could care less that it lost.

There was nothing note-worthy or interesting about this episode. Cheren was pretty boring in my opinion so I'll never understand all the fuss about him.

This was the third episode of Episode N and I haven't been impressed so far. Episode 2 has been the only decent one so far, honestly.