• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

There's a New Gym Leader in Town! (772)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Poor Oshawott just can't catch a break from losing can he :/

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Haven't watched the episode yet but by the pictures it seems the battle is over and Oshawott is just koed in a comedic way or am I wrong? I just see people whining none explaining anything.

Joltik-Kid

Haven't watched the episode yet but by the pictures it seems the battle is over and Oshawott is just koed in a comedic way or am I wrong? I just see people whining none explaining anything.
He loses to a single Thunder Fang after trying to get his Scalchop back which Herdier knocked away with Take Down. All that training to ignore the shell gone to waste since the very episode it learned to fight without it :p

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I know I there were negative posts made by me about Oshawott's failure and lack of Stunfisk but I do have to say I enjoyed seeing the groups split up and trying to get the pokemon. It was great seeing Sunflora again for some reason. I'm suprised people didn't complain about Ahs scanning Sunflora and Shinx.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
He loses to a single Thunder Fang after trying to get his Scalchop back which Herdier knocked away with Take Down. All that training to ignore the shell gone to waste since the very episode it learned to fight without it :p

Well Scalchop is part of his battle style but yeah enough of that they just wanted to be funny and thats why he got knocked out basicly since he tanked some of Hydreigon attacks which are surelly stronger then Herdier.

They ruined his character a long time ago, or rather his popularity made them change his character and ruin it, atleast to me, I still find him funny but its getting annoying.

I wonder if it's possible that Cheren makes a reappearance in the anime. I mean he is really popular in the games that maybe he will appear again and have a rematch with Ash.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, looks fine to me.

Wasn't sure if the battle would get interrupted or not, was expecting it to happen at the start of the episode too.

I'll enjoy the episode more once I watch it and understand what's being said.

No they don't, you know nothing the writers want to do. The raging fanbase is the fault of the fans expecting too much again. So the fans should be piss off at themselves for hyping everything in BW.

And say Ash wins too much in XY, then people would say Ash should lose.

the writers have done **** all this entire season

Joltik-Kid

Well Scalchop is part of his battle style but yeah enough of that they just wanted to be funny and thats why he got knocked out basicly since he tanked some of Hydreigon attacks which are surelly stronger then Herdier.

They ruined his character a long time ago, or rather his popularity made them change his character and ruin it, atleast to me, I still find him funny but its getting annoying.
I'm not much of a extremest on him like dman, but I do agree that he's becoming one of Ash's weakest Pokemon. Maybe he really isn't, but he is being depicted that way. The day he wins again is the day I'll be proud that I like him

I'm not much of a extremest on him like dman, but I do agree that he's becoming one of Ash's weakest Pokemon. Maybe he really isn't, but he is being depicted that way. The day he wins again is the day I'll be proud that I like him

I don't know when it started to go downhill for the poor sea otter but he started off so strong. Maybe losing to Bianca's dad was the start of him going downhill.

Haunter ゴースト

I agree with everything Dman said aside from the releasing/trading part.

Oshawott is a complete and utter joke. What's worse is that he makes Ash look like even more of a joke.

The writers are pathetic. I'm sick of this happening now, they have really screwed up Ash's strength as a trainer and the power of his team.

I genuinely feel that if this keeps up for much longer i'll stop watching the anime at the end of BW, which believe me i don't want to do.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

That doesn't mean much, they made him have a good showing against Hydreigon, they just prefer to use him as a comedy tool 90% of the times.

I don't know when it started to go downhill for the poor sea otter but he started off so strong. Maybe losing to Bianca's dad was the start of him going downhill.

They started to write him more and more as a marketing tool instead of just being funny but striving to be strong around the 5th gym.

gohan5

Irisboy
Eh, I didn't have as much of a problem with the loss for Oshawott. I never really saw this as a big battle for it. I meanhad this been for Ash's gym badge then I'd be upset, but we knew going in that this episode and battle would be lighthearted. Do I want him to win? Yes, but this isn't the pinnacle for him. He's hardly as weak as people think.

People expected a decent battle because Oshawott vs. Herdier was in the opening, but what we got was poo, thus making the opening scene completely pointless.

I also doubt there's gonna be a rematch.

Joltik-Kid

That doesn't mean much, they made him have a good showing against Hydreigon, they just prefer to use him as a comedy tool 90% of the times.
I didn't exactly see a good showing against Hydreigon to be honest... Ash was just calling attacks out like crazy, which was the reason Oshawott had momentum until Cameron finally called out an attack of his own. It went all downhill from there.

Eh, I didn't have as much of a problem with the loss for Oshawott. I never really saw this as a big battle for it. I meanhad this been for Ash's gym badge then I'd be upset, but we knew going in that this episode and battle would be lighthearted. Do I want him to win? Yes, but this isn't the pinnacle for him. He's hardly as weak as people think.
So tell me what makes him stronger then any of Ash's other Pokemon?

gohan5

Irisboy
So tell me what makes him stronger then any of Ash's other Pokemon?

What makes any Pokemon stronger than another? His scalchop is his biggest weakness but also gives it an advantage over some. I don't know what you want me to say. Any of Ash's Pokemon could beat another if the situation is right so yeah.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't believe Oshawott's loss has caused World War 3 to break out. Like really, it's not that big of a deal. Oshawott has lost many times and although I would have liked to see him win here, it's not the end of the world since he's always been more of an entertainer than a battler. I think more attention should be paid to Axew, who once again wandered off and caused tons of problems. This was like what, the dozenth time he's done this? Oh and yeah, Cheren looked nice. But surprisingly enough, he wasn't the most important part of this episode for me.