• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

There's a New Gym Leader in Town! (772)

matt0044

So the Pokemon world has internet? Wonder what kind of viral videos they have.

PokeMaster366

That was part of his potential, being shown to have special defensive abilities utilizing the scallchop. Though that was still shown in this episode and sort of undermined by the fact that Kotetsu's Samurott does the exact same thing. Although maybe it's still considered special that an Oshawott can do it before fully evolving.

Don't they ever worry about the idea that their shells will shatter if they take too much force? I can imagine how broken up Oshawott would be if his shell was smashed mid-battle.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
^ I think he grows a new one.

I wonder if it's made out of calcium carbonate, like a shell, or made out of keratin, like a nail? =O

matt0044

RVD_fan

matt0044

You think they didn't?

They can teleport physical monsters from a place/country/continent to the other and they haven't figured out the internet yet?

I figured they did but we rarely saw it if at all.

p96822

Evolve me please
This is rare for Ash to snap at Iris and call her a kid. And being nocticing a lot of small thing with Ash and Iris in furture episodes

DoctorDark

You think they didn't?

They can teleport physical monsters from a place/country/continent to the other and they haven't figured out the internet yet?

Well to be fair you NEVER see any form or indication of it being available in the game or anime. (Also Pokemon was created before the internet became so prevalent and omnipotent)

DoctorDark

I think it's available when Trainers are looking at their opponents Pokemon at the Pokemon League.

For all we know the information might just be a compiled data spread sheet on one program (kinda like a human version of a Pokedex)

DoctorDark

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know this is impossible, but I REALLY hope they get Derek Stephenson Prince to voice Cheren. I remember him voicing Ken Ichijoji from Digimon & I always felt that that voice fit Cheren perfectly. Sin I know they won't get him, I hope they find someone who's pretty similar

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Holy Arcesus! Cheren is voiced by Todd Happy Corn!!!!

matt0044

Episodes like these make me wonder: if there are schools for Pokemon Trainers, did Ash ever go to one or was Pallet Town THAT far out in the sticks?

Oh, and Sergeant Keroro is voicing Cheren. Sorry Sarge, this is Pokemon, not Pekopon.

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
I watched this dub episode from a recording because I overslept. I liked when Ash calls Iris a kid it makes me feels like Ash is going to return to be AG/DP self again but he fully can't return his AG/DP self because the writers just wants him to be his current self for most episodes.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I watched this dub episode from a recording because I overslept. I liked when Ash calls Iris a kid it makes me feels like Ash is going to return to be AG/DP self again but he fully can't return his AG/DP self because the writers just wants him to be his current self for most episodes.

Well just jumping to his AG/DP self in the middle of a series rather then waiting till X and Y would be odd so bringing that persona back slowly makes sense.

As for her calling Ash a kid he did nothing to deserve it. I mean when she first began doing it ok he was being pretty kiddy but now she just seems to say it for no reason. Like in the last ep where he was saying he likes food with Pikachu. That was just Ash being well Ash. He has liked to eat since episode 1.