• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

There's a New Gym Leader in Town! (772)

Dax

Legend
Oshawott is a great little otter and I adore him but I concur, he's one of the weakest pokemon Ash has had. There's no arguing against his need of training and strength.

JD

Oshawott is a great little otter and I adore him but I concur, he's one of the weakest pokemon Ash has had. There's no arguing against his need of training and strength.

At this point I think even Torkoal is stronger than him. Anyway, I'm curious did Cheren mention or reference Bianca in this episode?

dman_dustin

Writers just called, they said they will write off Oshawott, just because you want it :D

Yup, people would still whined if Oshawott won the battle, but, the opening shows that he will be used more often in battles so I honestly don´t care because the logic indicates that he will one at least one more battle before getting Oak´d where he will eat Everstones with all the other water-type Pokémon Ash has.

Just because I don't want to see it anymore, doesn't mean the writers aren't going to shove it down my throat.

And honestly who the hell would have any right to complain if Oshawott beat Herdier, it was doing pretty good until the last minute.

I at least have a genuine reason to dislike Oshawott and what the writers have turned it into. One boring joke that makes money (somehow).

But whatever, opinions, opinions, opinions.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Wait a second! THE OPENING TO EPISODE N SAID N WOULD BE WITH THE GANG HERE WATCHING THE BATTLE! SO THAT MEANS! Cheren and Satoshi might battle again, in a cathedral like building and have a rematch!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
At this point I think even Torkoal is stronger than him. Anyway, I'm curious did Cheren mention or reference Bianca in this episode?

I don't think he mentioned Bianca or even the fact that he gives out the Basic Badge at all.

Wait a second! THE OPENING TO EPISODE N SAID N WOULD BE WITH THE GANG HERE WATCHING THE BATTLE! SO THAT MEANS! Cheren and Satoshi might battle again, in a cathedral like building and have a rematch!

No. Not everything happens exactly like the opening.

Squirtle_007

I love(d) the little guy to death, but man. Why are the writers making him into a mixture of Cabernet and Pochama? :/

He doesn´t need to evolve, his battle record is not so different from Squirtle or Totodile, even Buizel had its losing streak, the only decent water-type in the main team Ash ever had is Corphish, Oshawott just needs more battles, he will end up winning eventually, and if he learns another attack to ditch Tackle, it will be better.

Just because I don't want to see it anymore, doesn't mean the writers aren't going to shove it down my throat.

And honestly who the hell would have any right to complain if Oshawott beat Herdier, it was doing pretty good until the last minute.

I at least have a genuine reason to dislike Oshawott and what the writers have turned it into. One boring joke that makes money (somehow).

But whatever, opinions, opinions, opinions.

Is Oshawott, and is the Best Wishes season, people will still bash and whine no matter what happens

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Also why didn't Cilan use Stunfisk in this episode? He saw a girl was researching it on the computer and then to get a bunch of Water/Flying types in a pool, he chooses a Grass type to go and swim instead of his Ground/Electric type that is native to water shock them... I'm certain Cheren would have forgiven him is he used a move on them to bring them back.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
He doesn´t need to evolve, his battle record is not so different from Squirtle or Totodile, even Buizel had its losing streak, the only decent water-type in the main team Ash ever had is Corphish, Oshawott just needs more battles, he will end up winning eventually, and if he learns another attack to ditch Tackle, it will be better.
Hopefully he gets some battles and wins in the future.

IcySealeo

I think it was OHKO. The writers really need to devote more time to battles because this battle was so rushed.

And everyone thought Cilan will show his Stunfisk. People even thought he was talking to that kid. Ha!

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Ooh, I really like this episode! I mostly enjoyed all of it, actually only if Oshawott had won being the last part.

I like the Aspertia gym, pretty similar to the games with the trainer's school in front but too bad we didn't get to see any of Aspertia City. :/
Cheren's introduction was nice, he seems to be a pretty caring person towards both the children and Pokemon. :O

Lol, its funny how Cilan talked a lot this episode about being a gym leader I'd guess. Its nice they had a look around the trainer's school but Axew got lost, its like he leads Pikachu to trouble as he did last episode and now here. Also, both Pikachu and Axew got in trouble.
Haha, I like the search for the missing Pokemon! Ash, Iris and Cilan, all three of them were funny. Wow, its great to see Sunflora and Shinx again.

So they skip through the whole thing and went right into the gym battle, by that I mean the scenes of them walking to the battle field. XD Hmm... Well yeah, the gym battle was good its nice to see Ash's Oshawott using his a scalchop to his advantage against Cheren's Herdier but again, too bad he lost. Still a fun and funny gym battle though. :p

So right after the gym battle Ash and co. Say their good byes! So yeah, overall pretty good episode! In my opinion of course.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
a genuine reason to dislike Oshawott and what the writers have turned it into. One boring joke that makes money (somehow).

Thats the thing................a made up fictional character cant really be merchandisable if it doesnt have some form of awesome. And Oshawott, whilst I dont doubt it sells stuff isnt really packing any awesome right now.

I cant remember a Pokemon belonging to Ash in the shows history that loses quality both on-screen AND off-screen!

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

And a sucky pokemon. Conclusion: Ash should've brought Buizel with him from Sinnoh, and never should've gotten Oshawott.

At this point I think even Totodile is stronger than him. Anyway, I'm curious did Cheren mention or reference Bianca in this episode?

Fixed that for you.. Torkoal got gym and league wins, and did okay vs. Registeel. In comparison, Oshawott pooped his pants when facing a Dewott.. -.-

Even Totodile is better at this point, with canon wins over a Kingdra, Charizard and a league win vs. Harrison's Sneasel. And don't tell me they don't count, because if you can't take those seriously, there's no way in heck that you could be able to take Oshawott's victories seriously as well, aside from Clay's Krokorok. Vs. Pansage required magical ricochet Water Gun to retreive the scalchop, and vs. Watchog was a tie based on the luck of Aqua Jet hitting it on accident. Aside from these three, it has lost every battle it was in, CANON. Hence, even Totodile is better, and in fact the only one that may have a less impressive resumé would be Muk, who only has a single win to it's name whatsoever...

Thats the thing................a made up fictional character cant really be merchandisable if it doesnt have some form of awesome. And Oshawott, whilst I dont doubt it sells stuff isnt really packing any awesome right now.

I cant remember a Pokemon belonging to Ash in the shows history that loses quality both on-screen AND off-screen!

Isn't it obvious they replaced the 'awesome' with the 'obnoxious'?

Tell me, what do you think the sales of Johto starters plushes look like nowadays, compared to back in the day?

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Lol Oshawott is a failed mashup of Piplup and Burgundy. Honestly, Oshawott losing is not surprising to me at all, totally called it.

Even Piplup sells better merchandise, Ash should've gotten a Piplup or Dawn should've came to Unova so Osha could actually evolve -_-

gohan5

Irisboy
Also why didn't Cilan use Stunfisk in this episode? He saw a girl was researching it on the computer and then to get a bunch of Water/Flying types in a pool, he chooses a Grass type to go and swim instead of his Ground/Electric type that is native to water shock them... I'm certain Cheren would have forgiven him is he used a move on them to bring them back.

Probably because Stunfisk is weak to water. Plus it can't move nearly as well as Pansage and we saw what happened to it.

gohan5

Irisboy
You'd think Ash would've have trained Oshawott not to cower behind his scallop after all this time. Oh well.

Also this.

Herdier ... wut?

It's not so much that Oshawott desperately needs it to battle, but he seems to be OCD about it falling off and that's his weakness. It's a running gag. Kinda like how Krookodile (as a Sandile and Krokorok) would become timid and frantic after losing it's sunglasses. Though that running gag seems to have been dropped ever since it's evolution.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Oshawott is weak? Lol. He only lost because he cares for his Scalchop and it was a move he was weak to.

So, not winning a battle in a long time even though he's hardly has one in a long time = Oshawott being the weakest Pokemon? Uh...no. And, I'm not being bias, because I would say the same for Snivy, even though I don't really care for her lately, or any of Ash's Pokemon.

Also, there could be some good reasons to him losing, like making Cheren look good, a new Gym Leader.

Ya'll seriously need to calm to stop being so melodramatic.

On a lighter note.
V
[IMG139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/fe78717b70b48c20d921f53d170d0a94/tumblr_mhhmvjSvhR1r4161ao1_400.jpg[/IMG139]

And this.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/48beeed4191b9093b2883ed2a27d00c5/tumblr_mhhq547X9F1s322v8o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What a crap, seriously.
First, Shinx was completely random, just to electrify Cheren, the professor, in front of some students.
Second, no one of our speculations has been showed off : Stunfisk hasn't appear, Shinx and Ducklett were not important...
Finally, Oshawott is loosing to Cheren. Seriously, that was the worst battle ever. Oshawott was deserving this battle, than he lost. Instead of giving a good fight, it was an absolute joke. How can writers can be that awful ? He lost bravely to a Hydreigon, but against a simple Herdier, come on. Oshawott, you're doomed for life.

I was disgusted about this episode, believe me or not.

Dax

Legend
Oshawott is weak? Lol. He only lost because he cares for his Scalchop and it was a move he was weak to.

So, not winning a battle in a long time even though he's hardly has one in a long time = Oshawott being the weakest Pokemon? Uh...no. And, I'm not being bias, because I would say the same for Snivy, even though I don't really care for her lately, or any of Ash's Pokemon.

Also, there could be some good reasons to him losing, like making Cheren look good, a new Gym Leader.

Ya'll seriously need to calm to stop being so melodramatic.

But you are being biased. You love making excuses for him. Just because you like the pokemon doesn't mean that it's strong. I sort of like Unfezant but I would never say she's strong but she she's borderline mediocre. He can't defeat opponents and he gets defeated quickly. He's a laughing stock and he's weak. It's time to accept it. Oshawott, like most of Best Wishes, is extremely flawed.