• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TheSpeedGamers 2nd Pokémon "Gotta Catch 'em All" Marathon

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
TheSpeedGamers 2nd Pokémon "Gotta Catch 'em All" Marathon

Approved by Erik Destler

Blog Banner made by ANATOTITAN
[IMG139]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/pkmn.jpg[/IMG139]​

Winning Community Banner made by RUST
[img139]http://community.thespeedgamers.com/votes/pkmn-banners/ee.png[/img139]​

Hey guys, remember watching last year's TSG Pokémon Marathon in December? Well, I'm here to let yall know were going to be having another Pokémon marathon this year in December again. Unfortunatley, we didnt catch all 491 legit Pokémon last year. But this time, we're more than likely to catch all 493 Pokemon this year. With the help of some new games we're adding in the marathon.

You can definitely expect some awesome commentators and gamers. All of the hype for this marathon has been going on since the end of the last Pokethon. And it's building up everyday once it starts; especially during other marathons we've had this year.

localretard said:
The upcoming Pokemon Marathon starts December 18th at 6:00PM and will run for 72 hours. We will be attempting to catch all 493 Pokemon this time around. We've imported a copy of Pokemon Soul Silver to help with this task.

TheSpeedGamers have been streaming video game marathons for over a year to raise money for various charities. In total they have raised over $98,000 dollars and played 14 marathons. They have raised over $50,000 in their week long Final Fantasy Marathon, and have made multiple news appearances. This upcoming marathon will be for Ally's House. This charity's is sponsored by Toby Keith (Country music singer-songwriter, record producer and actor), and their mission is to "to help Oklahoma kids with cancer and their families. Donations will be used to help these families through this difficult journey."

During the marathon we will have multiple contests to win various prizes.

The games being played/commentatores to 'catch them all' are:

Gamers:

Pokémon Fire Red Version - Chuggaaconroy
Pokémon Leaf Green Version - Hoover
Pokémon Ruby Version - Bud
Pokémon Sapphire Version - Daniel
Pokémon Diamond Version - Erik
Pokémon Pearl Version - Oscar
Pokémon HeartGold Version (Japanese) - Compiltation of Players
Pokémon SoulSilver Version (Japanese) - Britt

Commentators:

Fri: 6pm-12pm Britt
Saturday: 12pm-3am Rob
Saturday: 3am-9am Rust
Saturday: 9am-3pm Phil
Saturday: 3pm-9pm Tyler
Saturday: 9 pm 3am Chase
Sunday: 3am-9am Rust
Sunday: 9am-3pm Britt
Sunday: 3pm-9pm Rob
Sunday: 9pm-3am Phil
Monday 3am-9am Rust
Monday 9am-3pm Tyler
Monday 3pm-end Chase

Unfortunatley, we won't be bringing back Pokemon Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness back to the marathon this year. With HG and SS in our hands, it's not really necessary to have those games played this time.

Britt (the founder of TSG) has yet to tell us who is playing/commentating during the marathon. But well be finding out once the Resident Evil marathon is over most likely. And if yall may have any questions then feel free to ask.

Though, if you dont know who TSG is:

TheSpeedGamers are a group of guys who play video games for charity and have raised over $80,000 dollars so far for ALL marathons we've played so far.

Now, the Pokémon marathon is December 18th, 2009 at 7/6 CST. The Pokemon marathon this year is playing for Ally's House (http://www.allyshouse.net/), also the same chairty we played for this year for the 3rd Zelda Marathon. Were around 2 whole months since the marathon may begin. Dont worry, it'll be here in no time.

Well, I belive that's all I can say so far; have fun discussing. :) Feel free to also check out the site for more news they have to announce. But like I said, once the RE marathon is over, we're immeditatley switching to Pokemon mode!

Last edited:

goku210486

i want an arceus
i know one thing ill be watchin this year
and probably giving to them aswell

Whoa, it's already been a year since the last one?

Well I certaintly hope you guys manage to catch 'em all this time ^_^

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I remember. How many Pokemon did you guys catch last year?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I remember. How many Pokemon did you guys catch last year?

I believe we only got about 427/491 total in the end last time. With Platinum and HGSS this year, they'll hopefully help out a lot. With many various Pokemon in Platinum and HGSS handling most of the Johto Pokemon.

And with Feebas, yeah, I can understand the situation. I believe a few members are working out to see how we could handle that in either Gen 3 or 4.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Hey I remember this.

Yea, It was fun watching these guys catching all 491 legit Pokemon. Too bad they didn't get all of them in time(knew it).

I have high hopes that they will get it this year. Second times a charm.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Good luck with Feebas and Munchlax.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
For Munchlax, they're obviously going to breed the HGSS/ one of the FRLG Snorlaxes.

razor fire

Good luck! Can't wait to see it again. Hopefully you will be able to get all 493 this time :)

I've always wondered how getting Feebas would be one heck of a tough job. Thanks to the GTS and trading basis these days, it saves time and effort!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Oh yeah, I forgot about Full Incense.

Either way, I imagine the toughest part of this is Pal Park and the grinding. It's going to be boring porting over all those pokemon and evolving them.

Especially the Happiness Evolutions. God I hate those.

torch

I'm looking forward to it.
It was fun to watch but I've got school then soz I can't sadly watch all day =(.

However I get to see it again =)

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Heh, I watched part of it last year. It was pretty cool, they caught some pokes really fast.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Soothe Bell, Veilstone Massage, Syndicate Massage, reset time.

I really don't like resetting or changing my DS's clock.

It's the Animal Crossing player inside me.