• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TheSpeedGamers 2nd Pokémon "Gotta Catch 'em All" Marathon

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Now that the Resident Evil Marathon has ended a week ago, it's now time for the Pokemon marathon to take place soon. Once we get more info revealed on the website, Ill add it to the 1st post. Even when we know whos playing what game, but I can already tell Britt will be playing SoulSilver; since he imported the game for the marathon.

But for now, we have our blog/community banners which are both amazing. But Rust's will forever haunt my dreams. xD

Anatotitan (Our Official Artist; Blog Banner)
[IMG139]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/pkmn.jpg[/IMG139]
Rust (Winning Community Banner)
[img139]http://community.thespeedgamers.com/votes/pkmn-banners/ee.png[/img139]

SmartD

This marathon should be really interesting, since Heartgold and Soulsilver will make it easier to finish. I hope they catch them all this time.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
If they can catch Luigi in SS, can they catch Mario in HG? o_O

Yeah. But you need both in one game to get Bowser and Peach.

Joking aside, this looks really cool. I'd join in if I could because it seems fun (but I wouldn't want to have to catch Feebas)

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Yeah. But you need both in one game to get Bowser and Peach.

Joking aside, this looks really cool. I'd join in if I could because it seems fun (but I wouldn't want to have to catch Feebas)

Well, if they have a Pokewalker with enough watts it shouldn't be to bad. Unless they aren't using one...

Naxte

Well, if they have a Pokewalker with enough watts it shouldn't be to bad. Unless they aren't using one...
The Pokewalker's really not a good option for getting Feebas:
Me on TheSpeedGamers forums said:
Plus, according to Serebii, it takes 100,000 watts to activate the course with Feebas and Spiritomb in it--that's like 300,000 steps. Since the Pokewalker notices when it's being violently shook and won't record steps in that situation, paint-can shakers are out of the question, and thus it's not very feasible to actually try getting that course unlocked to get them.

Plus you have to deal with the Pokewalker's annoying system... Even if you've gotten the 100k watts, only the next course will be unlocked on the cartridge, as only one new course will be unlocked at a time. So you'll have to keep transferring back and forth until they all actually show up.

Then you get to the Pokewalker's catching system: It takes 10 watts, or 30 steps, just for a shot at a Pokemon. Then, you have to make sure you're on top of things and respond to the exclamation points in the grass, or else the Pokemon will just run away and your watts would have been wasted. From there, you get to how the Pokemon you want isn't guaranteed by any stretch. Even if you do find it, you have to deal with a system that's like some sort of hybrid of normal catching and the Safari zones: you can choose to attack the Pokemon (both you and the wild Pokemon always start off with 4 health, with each attack that hits taking off 1 unit of health, and critical hits taking off 2), try to parry its attack (in which case you'll just dodge it's attack and hit it for one damage), or throw a Pokeball at it. Your attacks can miss (and if this happens, the wild Pokemon will probably still be hitting you, meaning you won't be able to catch it at minimal health without your Pokemon fainting first) and catching isn't guaranteed even at 1 bar of health. And if you throw a Pokeball, but it doesn't catch the Pokemon, it's practically guaranteed to run away. Luckily, the Pokemon at least don't run away when you're simply attacking them, but they have the chance to if you go with the parry option.

Put all that together, and you have quite an annoying system for trying to catch any particular Pokemon, especially since you'll have to keep recharging on watts if it doesn't show up (and the Watts that are automatically transfered over with your Pokemon when you're trying to unlock a course are stuck on the DS, at least from what I have seen, and thus aren't going to be helping you once you actually get to catching the Pokemon). Everything considered, not a way I'd recommend trying to use to get Pokemon for the marathon.
Searching a whole route's worth of water may not be too easy, but it's still better than trying to get the PokeWalker to the point where it can catch Feebas.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
The Pokewalker's really not a good option for getting Feebas:

Searching a whole route's worth of water may not be too easy, but it's still better than trying to get the PokeWalker to the point where it can catch Feebas.

Wow. I guess it is easier trying to catch it in Cornet. I can't believe how many steps you have to take!

Yokoya

Ace Trainer Viktor
I watched last time :D Even though they are mot focused purely on pokemon, I hope they're more experienced now. Come on, last year the guy playing diamond entered an contest D:

Also make sure you have legit games >.>

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
They're probably going to have one person whose sole mission is to capture Feebas. That will be the only thing he does.

And he'll probably fail.

By the way, are they using the GTS?

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I watched there last poke marathon. Not the whole thing but I was entertained ^^

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
They're probably going to have one person whose sole mission is to capture Feebas. That will be the only thing he does.

And he'll probably fail.

By the way, are they using the GTS?

Were not actually using the GTS or any way of trading outside the house for Pokemon. For the main goal to be fresh and whatnot, were catching all the Pokemon that are inside the house. So no trading from others. D: But, event Pokemon are a whole different story. We got someone over here that has gone to many events for the DPPt games.

Tanexion

Veteran Trainer
You know I'll definitely be there! I can't wait! TSG is gonna kick butt ;475;
Less than one month to go!

Last edited:

WishmakerX

Event Master Hunter
Oh, I'll definitely be wathing it this year too. Last year's was just way too funny, too bad I had to sleep every day!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Haha, I only watched about an hour last year. I'll try to watch a bit more this time, hope you guys get all 493.

And yes, good luck with Feebas.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Didn't watch this last year, but I heard about it. Trying to catch 'em all for charity, I like it. And really, not much should be a problem. Even Feebas isn't THAT hard. With luck, one might get it in the first patch of water you try. The lake isn't THAT big. And for Munchlax, import the Snorlax from FR/LG/HG/SS and breed w/ Full Insence. And if you really got all the event Pokemon covered, well, I don't see why you guys wouldn't succeed this time around.

And of course, me being big on shiny Pokemon, I gotta ask, it says on Bulbapedia that you guys got a shiny Rhyhorn during the last marathon. This true?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
And of course, me being big on shiny Pokemon, I gotta ask, it says on Bulbapedia that you guys got a shiny Rhyhorn during the last marathon. This true?

That is indeed true. ^^ Im quite suprised Bulbapedia didn't remove it. :p

Yeah, I remember last year they caught one, and gave it out as a prize later on. (I believe)

Who knows, we might catch another shiny Pokemon this year.

Tf5174

They gave away that shiny to the highest bidder.

Tanexion

Veteran Trainer
If it's a shiny Ralts that's evolved into a Gallade I swear I'm gonna lose it! *Gets wallet ready for ridiculously extravagant donation* ;475;

icewolf741

Lucario Trainer
I've never heard of this, but it seems really cool!

Question though, do you guys have to beat the games AND catch all the Pokemon...Or....are the games beaten...with like one Poke or something?

O.O Cuz I know it sometimes takes me 72 hours to even beat a Pokemon game....