• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

They Took Our Jobs!!

posted by SunnyC

Try some hot black chai tea, it's got caffeine in it. It would need sugar though.
^_^ thanks shall try it sometime

posted by SunnyC

People like you and me grow up and get jobs as cops. I have one friend in the security business and looking to have another in the highway patrol. What makes you think policemen are more prone to be racial profilers than anybody else?
I do not think cop are more prone to be racial profilers. Everyone has judged someone because of race some time. Besides. It is not like they will be suspicious of a Scottish man, even though he has a huge van with no windows, chances are they won't think he is storing a Dominican family in the back. (PS i absolutely know what you guys will say next....and i has no defense :p)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I'm not too worried about them taking jobs, because have you ever heard of a Mexican immigrant suddenly becoming the head of a multinational corporation? No, you haven't. They are taking jobs others don't want, and have become a scape goat for the workers that are angry they've lost their big jobs at their white collar jobs.

I'm more worried about Mexican immigrants fleeing the country from the horrible drug problem they're having right now.

BigLutz

Banned
I'm not too worried about them taking jobs, because have you ever heard of a Mexican immigrant suddenly becoming the head of a multinational corporation? No, you haven't. They are taking jobs others don't want, and have become a scape goat for the workers that are angry they've lost their big jobs at their white collar jobs.

I'm more worried about Mexican immigrants fleeing the country from the horrible drug problem they're having right now.

Well lets go over some things you got absolutely wrong. First we are not talking about Mexican Immigrants, those that come over from Mexico and immigrate legally and follow our laws are welcome with open arms. We are talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS men and women who have no business being here, and who essentially spit in the face of legal immigrants.

Second the belief they are taking jobs no one else will take, may be true in a good economy in which unemployment is in the low single digits. Right now we have near double digit unemployment, with people being out of work for 70 or 80 or 90 weeks! Do not tell me that those people would not jump at a job.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I started laughing out loud when i read this Thread Name

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
First we are not talking about Mexican Immigrants, those that come over from Mexico and immigrate legally and follow our laws are welcome with open arms. We are talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS men and women who have no business being here, and who essentially spit in the face of legal immigrants.

Not to antagonize you, but the creator of this thread did specify all immigration, not just illegal immigration.

This thred is about ALL immagration, not just illegals.

I agree with everything else though.

Eloi

How can we separate those immigrants from the others? Its America, everyone is an immigrant.

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

How can we separate those immigrants from the others? Its America, everyone is an immigrant.

How dare you say legal immigrants are the same as the illegal ones? My father worked very long and hard, struggled to get into this country, and you have the gall to say that he and others like him who went through all that time and effort are the same as some guy who hopped over the fence and spit in the face of everyone being processed for legal immigration?

ironknight42

What you need to consider is why people come to this country? Particuarly Mexico which is the primary(not the only) source of illegal aliens. First off let me start by saying that I in now way shape or form support illegal immigration. Two reasons should be considered with Mexico first desire to be part of economic success(even if we are in a recession) second Mexican drug war and the violence it entails. The number one thing the U.S. can do is one way or another combat the U.S. drug demand that fuels the cartels. One way to try to solve this is the Fox and Calderon method that the U.S. generally agrees with, and that is essentially fight a war against them, the cheaper way to fight them is curb demand or redirect it. The easiest way to do this is legalize marijuana, the cartels will not be able to compete with buisnesses, this is the extreme but if you provide a legitimate cost effective means to acquire the drug you reduce the demand. This is not an effective method though for things like methanfetamines(sp.). One way or another assist Mexico with its drug war. Then crack down on illegals already in U.S. and do what we can to keep them out through increased security.

As for legal immigration they are perfectly legitimate and should be welcomed with open arms.

ChedWick

Ah I love the immigrant hate. Especially when people stereotype immigrants.

If you had some Haitian bus drivers in Disney then they most likely had green cards or visas (can't remember which is which) and thus are documented and pay into your social secuirty and Medicare but can not receive these benefits. Oh the lulz to be had if I were to read this entire thread.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I want to bring up an interesting perspective and excuse me if this has already been debated, but what is the consensus on jobs being scarce with the conflict being between legal immigrants and naturally born citizens? Do people here think naturally born citizens should get that priority?

Josiah

is your favorite
I want to bring up an interesting perspective and excuse me if this has already been debated, but what is the consensus on jobs being scarce with the conflict being between legal immigrants and naturally born citizens? Do people here think naturally born citizens should get that priority?
The priority should go to whoever is most qualified in every case. If they are on equal footing, then let the employer decide.

That being said, I think the legal immigrant is usually going to be the more qualified/harder working of the two, just given the fact that they went through the process of being naturalized.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
That being said, I think the legal immigrant is usually going to be the more qualified/harder working of the two, just given the fact that they went through the process of being naturalized.
Thats debatable. Some go through the process and get nothing out of it. Even if they try over and over again. Some became legal by sheer luck when they do lottery type of choosing who comes and who stays.
Sometimes it's possible that the illegal ones would be more willing to work harder for less compared to a legal immigrant. In the end it's really hard to figure this out. Some pay about 2000 dollars or more just to get themselves across the border illegally so it's not like they didn't work hard for it just not in the correct manner. These are the people that have also tried to come in legal but to no avail. Hell I had a case where I knew a guy where his worker's visa expired because his renewal took longer then usual. And his lawyer signed for him to go back without his consent.

Last edited:

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

Who should be employed? Whoever the employer wants, that's who.

Why should we have a government mandate to prefer one type of worker over another, so long as they're both citizens of our country? Or, if not citizens, then at least people legally in the country.