• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

They're not kidding about Nintendium.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Dattebayo

Banned
Reminds me of those few stories I heard about handheld games being in the worst situations that could potentially damage it, and yet, still work fine in the end.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yeah I've seen it in real life as well, went to the Nintendo Store every weekend for a new game. Its pretty amazing how durable gameboy's and the Nintendo handhelds are.

BCVM22

We've been over this: when the planet explodes, likely as a result of the world-ending clash between Chuck Norris and Mike Ditka, the only things left floating in the void will be some chunks of rock and a cloud of Nintendo products.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
And yet children can snap DSs in half or crack their screens in a tissy like nothing. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't like it.

Didn't you hear? Nintendium supplies are getting low.

Only Wiimotes are made of them now.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
We've been over this: when the planet explodes, likely as a result of the world-ending clash between Chuck Norris and Mike Ditka, the only things left floating in the void will be some chunks of rock and a cloud of Nintendo products.
The last salvation of technology would be a poor one seeing how its Nintendo made. *shot*

And yet children can snap DSs in half or crack their screens in a tissy like nothing. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't like it.
The damn things aren't 500 pounds of cold hard plastic.

Yeah Wiimotes are made of em cause they are cold hard bricks of plastic like the original gameboy. See once things get too thin the plastics durability weakens. Unfortunately though flinging about a brick of Nintendium with glass ornaments around and a 42 inch LCD is not a good idea.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★

electronics are more resistant to warmth than most of you guys might think,
that old gameboy may be burned for life from the outside but that's all just simple plastic, chips and electronic plates are very resistant to warm sources and fire. however they will break instantly when they receive a sudden peak of incoming voltage.

display me a gameboy that survived that and i'll be impressed.

The gamecube was a block. Strongest console ever.

i'm not sure, the shock it suffers at impact can decrease lifespan on the long run and the parts of the Gcube are hard to find and replace.
i would rather put my money on the NES, it may be less protected then other later consoles but it can easely be replaced if you have some skills with electronics. my previous NES worked for over 14 years thanks to that. it fell off a high place once and in a normal situation it would be a goner but i kept it running on spare parts and simulair common parts my dad brought from his work.

Last edited:

jellsprout

In the near future, a nuclear war will break out. All of humanity will be destroyed by it, except for a few tribes in Africa.
2000 years of now, they'll have colonised Europe and have found several old destroyed structures, indicating a lost civilisation once thrived here. They become curious and start an archeologic expedition.
They find everything has been destroyed. Not a single pot or pan remains. Until from under the rubble they find a large, grey piece of plastic with several buttons and window at the top-center. After flipping a switch at the top, the window will suddenly light up. After a few seconds, without a warning, suddenly a large word will fill up the screen:
"Pokémon"

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
In the near future, a nuclear war will break out. All of humanity will be destroyed by it, except for a few tribes in Africa.
2000 years of now, they'll have colonised Europe and have found several old destroyed structures, indicating a lost civilisation once thrived here. They become curious and start an archeologic expedition.
They find everything has been destroyed. Not a single pot or pan remains. Until from under the rubble they find a large, grey piece of plastic with several buttons and window at the top-center. After flipping a switch at the top, the window will suddenly light up. After a few seconds, without a warning, suddenly a large word will fill up the screen:
"Pokémon"

Go boot up one of your consoles. You're doing it wrong.

But consoles do seem to be invincible. Even my DS and DSi have survived a lot, and my brothers copy of Red deserves a medal. My wii on the other hand...

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
"Pokémon"

and once more humanity was doomed.

Cobalt_Latios

Ah yes, the infamous "Gulf War Game Boy".

Silly Nintendo, making the controllers out of the stuff instead of the consoles. Where did they go wrong? At least it explains the massacre of tvs in it's wake ;).

The gamecube was a block. Strongest console ever.
I remember this video where some guys purposely attempted to destroy their GC. They pretty much went to the point of putting a sparkler in the damned thing and it still seemed pretty intact.

Yeah, hopefully they find a vein of Nintendium soon; I want next gen's Nintendo console to be made of the stuff.

<C_L>

Crumpet

Delete your System32
Wait, I thought it was only a legend. o_o;

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Wait, I thought it was only a legend. o_o;
The fact that a gameboy survived through the gulf war or that Nintendo has some kinda secret formulatic plastic of awesome? I'm telling you its like the alien tin foil found back in the 30s.