• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

They're really not showing any older characters watching Ash's league this time

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Two episodes in and no shots of anyone, not even Delia and Oak, watching Ash's league. I also thought for sure they'd sure Palmer watching the Paul Vs. Barry battle, but even Palmer wasn't shown.

Wow, I guess they really can't be bothered this time around. They should at least show Ash's mother watching for goodness sakes.

PePer

They're leaving cameos for more important battles? Ash vs Paul (Reggie) / Evil Dude?(Oak, Delia) C'mon, this thread is not necessary.

Edit.

About Palmer, I agree that was pretty bad move from writers because Barry was having only one battle, on screen.

ijea4444

Everyone knows that Delia is too busy making ash's new sweater,pants,underwear, and backpack to be watching some league.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
If the intention here is also to Misty, I'm not surprised...

But honestly Oak should have came to Sinnoh.

sdp

Pokemon Master
Its clear the writers don't care about the past characters or Pokemon that is why they don't show them, if they aren't shown watching Ash's league battle then we'll know for sure that they'll never appear again in the series no matter what. Battle Frontier was a send off for the old characters and his kanto Pokemon, the writers clearly don't care about them and they have no reason to show up ever again. Ash's Kanto Pokemon were only used for so long and the show has many more episodes than that.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Thing is, with the amount of time they're giving TR this league, I'm glad that no more precious battling time is being stolen from us with overall unnecessary cameos. Ideally TR would be ignored but, hey, that's the anime for you.

Darkxninga

Everyone knows that Delia is too busy making ash's new sweater,pants,underwear, and backpack to be watching some league.

Its probably easy for Delia to make Ashes clothes for the 4th time, he doesnt even grow an inch! Probably wears the same size everything since kanto!

It's actually quite a shame. The League cameos were a nice tradition.

I enjoyed the cameos, even if they showed new characters. But Im doubting some to appear like the previous times/regions this time.

Manene!

We're, like, two episodes in and Ash hasn't really even had a major battle yet... I'm sure we'll see some cameos come the Paul and/or Darkrai battle.

monkeyboy45

Oak and Tracey what you talking about?
If they didn't make cameo how did Ash get all his reserves to Sinnoh especially Snorlax

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Oak and Tracey what you talking about?
If they didn't make cameo how did Ash get all his reserves to Sinnoh especially Snorlax
Teleportation!

Seriously, teleportation. All his Pokeballs were transferred over without Oak or Tracey appearing on the screen (though Oak got a brief role later in the episode).

This won't end well, but I'll let this stay open until it becomes an inevitable Misty topic.

Personally, I think it's funny that Lila and Candice are apparently more important than Delia and friends, since even they got cameos just a few episodes ago for the GF. Granted, they could still show up, as there are plenty more battles remaining...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Guess they had better things to do? I mean after watching Ash vs Nando could you blame them for not caring? Nah I'm joking. Being serious for real though, I don't expect them to all always watch Ash's league. What if Misty is being challenged by a trainer to a gym battle? What if Prof. Oak is giving a new trainer a Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle and they need his help? What if May and soon to be Dawn are having a Grand Festival that runs along the same time as the league? More importantly why didn't Ash watch May's Johto Grand Festival? My guess is because they all have lives outside each other and are focusing on there own goals, and if we're being realistic here that makes sense. As long as they get a appearance eventually like at Pallet town. I really don't care if they don't watch the league. Pallet Town reunions are going to be so crowded.

STICKTOPIA

CyberCubed I think they'll show other ppl like Ash's Mom and Prof. Oak watching Ash in the 6 on 6 battles. IIRC, that's how it went in Hoenn.

I can imagine Reggie watching Ash vs. Paul... but I don't expect much else.
Reggie said he wants another 6 on 6 battle between Ash and Paul so we know we'll see him watching. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to the league!

Lol that's true!

thunderblade12

Palmer and the Sinnoh Frontier Brains were never important. It's not surprising that Palmer wasn't shown IMO.

They'll save any and all cameos for Ash vs Paul/Ash vs Darkrai trainer.

Misty's Hoenn cameo bothered me anyway.

-Misty walks up to conveniently placed TV-
*Constant unanimatedsmile*
-Walks away after watching like 2 seconds of the battle-

...Okay...?

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

Hikari's rivals/old opponents/friends didn't cameo until her final match of the GF so I think the writers save Kasumi/Satoshi's Mother/Kenji/The Prof/(Haruka...who am I kidding..of course not her...)/Shigeru for the match against Shinji or the Darkrai hacker.