• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things about Anime that non-fans get wrong, annoying you

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I hate how some people prononce the names of characters wrong.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I think we all know that the bigger issue in the world anime and manga is not pronunciation, but spelling.
But I'm to lazy to open up a Word document, select "insert a character", choose the e with the correct accent, close the box, copy the E, close the Word window, don't save it, resume Mozilla Fire Fox, and paste the E at the end of "anim".

But I'm to lazy to open up a Word document, select "insert a character", choose the e with the correct accent, close the box, copy the E, close the Word window, don't save it, resume Mozilla Fire Fox, and paste the E at the end of "anim".

Spelling the character's names. Put differently, the great and largely pointless romanization arguments.

RLinksoul

Spelling the character's names. Put differently, the great and largely pointless romanization arguments.

Kyōko vs Kyouko vs Kyoko for example. The Japanese and their Us after their Os always confuse me.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Kyōko vs Kyouko vs Kyoko for example. The Japanese and their Us after their Os always confuse me.

you forgot "Kyohko". But yeah, basically, there are differing schools on Japanese romanization (I prefer the "ou" spelling myself). My best guess on why they're at conflict on how to spell that is because most English-speakers would probably look at it and immediately assume it's pronounced "uu" (I fell victim to this mistake myself when I didn't know shit about the language... I also though "Entei" was "En-tee"). But if that really is the case, I fail to see why... we have words like "soul", after all. Maybe if they simply establish "Look, this is how it's pronounced! And it will ALWAYS be pronounced that way because Japanese is not some clusterfuck of different pronunciations in certain contexts like the English language is", there wouldn't be a problem (I think Toonami did a pretty decent job of this with their Rurouni Kenshin ads).