• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in media that scared you as a kid.

Cat's Eye Draco

Is he the one who gets eaten by a T-Rex while he's sitting on the toilet? I've never seen any of the Jurassic Park films.

The guy you're thinking of is the lawyer, Gennaro. Nedry's the computer guy played by Wayne Knight who shut down the park security system and tried to smuggle out dinosaur embryos in a shaving cream bottle. In the movie he got lost in the rain, crashed his Jeep, and was attacked by a small frilled dinosaur who spat venom (and whose name escapes me at the moment). I couldn't say how he died in the book, as I've never read it, but apparently it's worse.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, anyway, the dinosaur was a Dilophosaurus, (which didn't have frills or the ability to spit venom in real life). Thank goodness; that was gonna drive me crazy. xD

Last edited:
Was anyone else terrified watching the episode of Rugrats where Tommy's nightmare version of his new, soon to be baby brother chases him around?

That baby was so creepy I covered my eyes through the entire scene.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This scene used to scare the heck out of me when I was a kid watching Willy Wonka.

Guess all of the half items in his office combined with his anger did it.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
This scene used to scare the heck out of me when I was a kid watching Willy Wonka.

Guess all of the half items in his office combined with his anger did it.

The 1971 version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is pretty dark compared to the book. The 2005 version tones the darkness down a little bit though.

The bit that always scared me (in the 1971 version) is the one where they're sailing through the tunnel on Willy's boat on the chocolate river, and there's all these nightmarish images swirling around in the background while Willy is singing to himself and everyone else is going insane. It's a pretty intense scene for what's supposed to be a 'children's' film.

I don't remember anything overly creepy about the 2005 version, but Willy in the 1971 version was WAY madder than the 2005 rendition.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The 1971 version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is pretty dark compared to the book. The 2005 version tones the darkness down a little bit though.

The bit that always scared me (in the 1971 version) is the one where they're going through the tunnel on Willy's boat, and there's all these nightmarish images swirling around in the background while Willy is singing to himself and everyone else is going insane. It's pretty intense for what's supposed to be a 'children's' film.
Yea it is. But I love it. Gene Wilder was and will always be Willy Wonka to me. Johnny Depp was ok, but he was no Willy Wonka. Just didn't really like the update.

Word that scene was pretty creepy too.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yea it is. But I love it. Gene Wilder was and will always be Willy Wonka to me. Johnny Depp was ok, but he was no Willy Wonka. Just didn't really like the update.

Word that scene was pretty creepy too.

Some of the kids' 'deaths' were pretty hilarious though. Violet's always stands out - she literally turns violet. :p

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Some of the kids' 'deaths' were pretty hilarious though. Violet's always stands out - she literally turns violet. :p
Ah yea. That was priceless. And I love what happened to Veruca Salt. She got what she was owed there. :p Brat. And how about Mike TeeVee. Loved how he shrunk down so small XD.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Ah yea. That was priceless. And I love what happened to Veruca Salt. She got what she was owed there. :p Brat. And how about Mike TeeVee. Loved how he shrunk down so small XD.

I forgot how Veruca 'died'. I think it was something to do with golden geese?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I forgot how Veruca 'died'. I think it was something to do with golden geese?
Yep. She wanted one of them, so she got on the good/bad egg thing that led the boiler... and down she went.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yep. She wanted one of them, so she got on the good/bad egg thing that led the boiler... and down she went.

There was this other kid, Augustus, who got stuck up a pipe because he was so fat. It was kind of ironic because he got fat from eating so much chocolate. :D