• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutaka

Ignition
I know Pokemon is meant for a slightly young audiance, and doesn't have to coordinate with the laws for real physics, but some of this is just ridiculous.

1. Infernape and Charizard can be frozen.
2. Mr. Mime can be female.
3. Kangaskan hatches out of an egg with a child all ready in it's pouch.
3. The game says Regice was formed in Antarctica, which doesn't exist in Pokemon.
4. Doubleslap can hit more than twice.
5. Rock types can be poisoned.
6. Wooper can be taught Ice Punch. It has no arms.
7. Most Pokemon can be classified as mammels, but still lay eggs.
8. The daycare couple are always astounded by eggs, even if they have come across thousands.
9. In the GBA games, pokemon hatch at lvl. 5. You can find pokemon at lvl. 2-4.
10. Earthquake hits Dustox and Venomoth.

There could be many more, but I'll turn it over to you. And I don't want to here anything about the bathroom!

mewoxeys

I agree to everything on that list

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Yeah, a TON of things don't make sense. Like Charizard getting frozen. If it did, it should at least thaw out in the next turn.;492-s;

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
I don't get the Psychic/Ghost/Dark effectiveness factor.

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
What doesn't make sense in Pokémon.....hmmmm......maybe EVERYTHING?

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
Rock types can be poisoned because they still have living organs and tissue inside, I thought that was always obvious really.

Champion Lance

Penis Used Harden
If everything made sense in Pokemon then it wouldnt be anywhere near as fun as it is now.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Prinplup can learn Metal Claw. It has no claws.

Regirock was feared enough to be sealed away by ancient people in a place that was most likely made/surrounded by stones.

Slowpoke evolves when a Shellder eats its tail.

Pokémon don't die. They faint.

Violence is fantasy.

Guns are bad.

God-like creatures can be enslaved in a man-made spherical machine in the hands of kids.

Rice balls =/= doughnuts

There are mysteries and oddities of the Pokémon world that may never be fully explained! That's why it's Pokémon!

Ammako

1. Infernape and Charizard can be frozen.
2. Mr. Mime can be female.
3. The game says Regice was formed in Antarctica, which doesn't exist in Pokemon.
4. Doubleslap can hit more than twice.
5. Rock types can be poisoned.
8. The daycare couple are always astounded by eggs, even if they have come across thousands.
10. Earthquake hits Dustox and Venomoth.

1- So? It wouldn't be fair if they couldn't.
2- Mr. Mime = バリヤード
3- It's a part of itself.
3- Of course it exists, it's mentionned in the game. (By the way, Kanto is, well, Kanto. Johto is the area west of Kanto. Hoenn is Fukuoka and Sinnoh is Hokkaido.)
4- Shouldn't you just be glad that it allows you to hit more than twice?
5- Why shouldn't they?
6- It uses it's tail.
7- They cannot be classified as mammals since they lay eggs.
8- They are senile.
9. The way the game was programmed made it impossible to hatch eggs at a lower level.
10- They don't have Levitate and they aren't Flying type.

And in case you didn't notice, you put two number 3's.

Last edited:

rocky505

Prinplup can learn Metal Claw. It has no claws. It has metal beginning to form on it's flippers

Regirock was feared enough to be sealed away by ancient people in a place that was most likely made/surrounded by stones.

Slowpoke evolves when a Shellder eats its tail. It doesn't eat the tail it just clamps onto it.

Pokémon don't die. They faint. Sounds like someone has never watched the rise of darkrai or Pokemon Heroes

Violence is fantasy.

Guns are bad. They are very bad

God-like creatures can be enslaved in a man-made spherical machine in the hands of kids.

Rice balls =/= doughnuts

There are mysteries and oddities of the Pokémon world that may never be fully explained! That's why it's Pokémon!
Comments in bold

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Don't try to make sense of things in Pokemon. It's Pokemon after all! That's the whole fun of it =P

Haha, disturbingly weird :D

Regice can be frozen -_-

Well, maybe they aren't mammals?

It's pre-programmed text in the games; what do you expect?

That's why they fixed it :p

Prinplup can learn Metal Claw. It has no claws.

Prinplup appears to have claw-like things hidden beneath its wings.

Besides, claw can be used a verb here, which would mean that Prinplup only claws/scratches/hacks at its foe with steel-hard wings.

meh.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I always thought it was pretty messed up that the pokedex goes on and on about Ninetales' awesome psychic powers, but it can't learn the move 'Psychic'. Hypocrit much?
I also think it's weird that Staraptor can use close combat...what does it punch with? It could be a mixture of beak and wing hits, but that would just make it wing attack and peck.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
One thing that's always driven me nuts is how Buizel spins its tails. If you think about it, there's no way that they could physically rotate.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
ANIME- How multiple characters' voices can change drastically over the course of one day.

GAMES- How non-Water/Ice/Flying Pokemon can battle in the water (when you're surfing), and how fish-like Pokemon (like Magikarp and Goldeen) can battle on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.