• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
How in the world is Fighting super-effective against Dark? I can't figure out the logic of that...

Dark is originally meant to imply fighting dirty and using cheap tricks, not actually being evil. It makes a bit more sense that way.

Ryuken

Steel User
So how do cheats and playing dirty give you inmuniti to psychic attacks?

Sayho1234

The fact that we're supposed to believe that the Kanto/OI/Johto/Sinnoh sagas ALL took place during 1 year of Ash's life when he's 10 years old. WTF?!

Ryuken

Steel User
in fact, he is like 18 years old

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Sliding timescale. This is the very same reason why Bart Simpson can have like eight Christmases while being 9 years old in all of them.

Ryuken

Steel User
time doesn't advances in TV/ Videogames (sometimes)

Well, Actually about 25% in Johto, a year had passed. In the Pikachu short before movie 3, they were celebrating the year anniversary of Ash meeting Pikachu, which was on his 10th birthday. So this is after going through one full region, a small sidequest(Orange Archipelago) and a quarter of Johto. So now say the rest of Johto, Whirl Island, and a small part of Hoenn counts for another year. Use the rest of Hoenn, Battle Frontier, and a bit of Sinnoh, and another year has past.

So basically, Ash COULD be 13, turning 14 a bit in Ishuu

We're always told that if a Charmander's (or its evolved forms) tail flame goes out it dies but I swear I saw an episode where one of them fell in the sea. I think this idea's a bit harsh though, what if there's a strong wind? Or rain? Or a flood?

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
In the Anime, leaves and water explode. Okay sure, it's a high speed and all, but honestly. Actually, almost all Anime Physics are messed up. The point is, though, it's fiction and meant for little kids. They sidestep everything they run into without fixing the politically incorrect error. XP

Also, the Mr. Mime being female thing, think LADYBUG.

In the Anime, leaves and water explode. Okay sure, it's a high speed and all, but honestly. Actually, almost all Anime Physics are messed up. The point is, though, it's fiction and meant for little kids. They sidestep everything they run into without fixing the politically incorrect error. XP

Anime physics are not meant to relate with any real-life matter whatsoever.

nikohesus

Banned

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
The one thing in Diamond,Pearl,Platinum,Heartgold, and SoulSilver that really annoyed me besides not including a random match mode is the fact that you can`t use the level 50/100 all option like you can in the wifi battle rooms. That really pisses me off! If you have it for the wifi modes why can`t you do the same for the local wireless ones?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My guess is that this feature was put in for organized play of some sort. Then again, if that were true, it'd be the other way around: a level balancer for local wireless.

Ryuken

Steel User
Its like Stomp can flinch, the pain is too much.
Well, i think the pain causes paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.