• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Soda pop and lemonade restore more HP than fresh water, I thought water was always healthier for you?
The fact that a level 30 steelix can't escape from a magikarp. What's it going to do? Splash you to death.
How people don't try to attack you with their pokemon or call the police when you enter someones house. What do you think would happen if I pulled that?

If a pokemon is frozen in the anime, it's as treated as if it was KO'd. As evidenced by Ash's Charizard and Paul's Lairon. While if a pokemon is put to sleep - which in the games is more or less the same thing - the battle continues. As evidenced by Ash's Turtwig and Sceptile.

Aurath8

The battle continued when Paul's Lairon was frozen, it just got Zap Cannoned by Regice soon after and was KOed. Pikachu was frozen at the Pastoria gym and the battle continued as well.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Soda pop and lemonade restore more HP than fresh water, I thought water was always healthier for you?

I think it's related to getting enrgy from the sugary drinks. Kinda like caffeine.

The fact that a level 30 steelix can't escape from a magikarp. What's it going to do? Splash you to death.

Since escaping is based upon Speed values, with Magikarp's being high and Steelix's being low, it's just part of the game mechanics.

How people don't try to attack you with their pokemon or call the police when you enter someones house. What do you think would happen if I pulled that?

I suggest you watch this.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Lol! Thanks, for the video, that is so true

And true, The magikarp thing is about mechanics, but I was trying to argue my point with mechanics aside. However in pokemon, Game Mechanics >Logic.

Also, that saying if a trainers eyes meet. Then how can they battle if my back is towards their face?

And how people in pokemon don't go to sleep

FallenStar93

How the player can run for hours without getting tired.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I never see the player or the Pokemon going to the bathroom (Not that I'd want to)

None of the houses I break into have toilets

Nobody locks there doors, instead, the welcome you, a random stranger, into their house

Whenever I come back into their house, there always in the same place. They never seem to leave their house.

The player can sprint without stopping for a long time

I never see the player or his/her Pokemon eating anything (other than lemonade, water, herbs, protein, etc.)

Nebbio

NINJA!
Your player just stays stays outside all night and never showers.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Games: Pokemon can't be caught after fainting, wouldn't that be easier. Half the Pokedex entries. HMs seem to be simple actions yet a pokemon has to forget one of their moves to learn how to do it. Why captured water pokemon can't seem to swim without surf while all wild ones seem to be able to. Pidgey/Spearow/Every other tiny bird (not to mention Dodrio and Doduo) can carry their trainer while Scyther/Gliscor/Vespiqueen can't. Why you can't just hop over the rocks or walk around the trees. Lack of food, bathrooms. People never moving. Why your house has 1 bedroom yet has 2 occupants. Macargo/Rapidash/Charizard can be frozen solid. Sleeping/Frozen pokemon can run. Hurting one's self in confusion. Requiring gym badges to crush rocks/cut trees/travel across water. Legendary Pokemon not being able to breed (Where do they come from, unless we capture the only one in existence who helped create the world and is now a slave to a human forced to live in a computer).
Gardevoir can be male (makes sense just creepy)

Anime: Pikachu beating Onix and pretty much everything that followed

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

That was because he set off the sprinklers, so that win made some sense.

WOOT WOOT! RANKED UP!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It's the anime, it's not supposed to follow logical patterns. I mean, Pikachu's Electric attacks have effected numerous Ground-type Pokemon in the anime too, but that's just how the anime is; inconsistent with the games. Eevee's Shadow Ball also affected a Normal-type Pokemon in one episode despite the Normal-type's inmmunity to Ghost-type moves. There are probably tons of examples, but I just tend to roll with it.

iraqmaster

1. What happens if 2 kids both want the same pokemon as their first?

2. How the heck was Giovanni allowed to become a gym leader if he's the leader of a criminal organization?

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
South of Solaceon town there is that tower. Outside the tower is three spaces in width but inside it is like 25.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
1. What happens if 2 kids both want the same pokemon as their first?

2. How the heck was Giovanni allowed to become a gym leader if he's the leader of a criminal organization?

They duke it out in a brawl

Notice how team rocket shares similarities with the mafia. Many people in the mafia have secret lives. Giovanni probaly has a secret life where nobody knows he's head of team rocket. Thus allowing him to be gym leader. Although the silph incident should have brought him more fame

Pikawho?

(five15)
The one thing that has always bugged me was in Emerald. After you become the champion, Scott deems you worthy enough to participate in the BF. If becoming champion proves your worth, then why are there so many people there (including small childrens)? I mean, it needed to be so that you could have the challenge, but it has always annoyed me for some reason....

Scary

I never see the player or the Pokemon going to the bathroom (Not that I'd want to)

None of the houses I break into have toilets

Nobody locks there doors, instead, the welcome you, a random stranger, into their house

Whenever I come back into their house, there always in the same place. They never seem to leave their house.

The player can sprint without stopping for a long time

I never see the player or his/her Pokemon eating anything (other than lemonade, water, herbs, protein, etc.)

This post disturbs me for some reason. Aside form that, I have noticed most of these things as odd. Probably that's just how RPGs work.

And how people in pokemon don't go to sleep
Agreed. Do they just stand outside all night?

The one thing that has always bugged me was in Emerald. After you become the champion, Scott deems you worthy enough to participate in the BF. If becoming champion proves your worth, then why are there so many people there (including small childrens)? I mean, it needed to be so that you could have the challenge, but it has always annoyed me for some reason....
Now that you mention it, that sounds like the player is given additional requirement that nobody else is given (how many champions are there?). That said, I'm a tad upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.