• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
1. Wailmer hatches from an egg
2. wailord fits in a pokeball
3. Brock's eyes are closed but he can see!

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
in cerulean city, (hgss) if you go into the house above the gym. There is a diglett in the wooden floor.

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
Bag:
Every pokemon master is supplied with a bag when they first start their pokemon journey. Usually a backpack or messenger bag. Later, you get a bicycle. Where you put the bicycle? In your backpack of course. Everything in the world can be squished down and put in your backpack.

Food:
All humans have to eat. Where does this food come from? There are no animals. Everyone in the world can't be vegan. Miltank and Tuaros are the main supply of steak and milk. Fish is made from Magikarp, Goldeen and Feebas.

Vycksta

Mayfan said:
EP254.

Ash's Pikachu runs on water.
Oh come on. With the amount of Gary Stu like things that Pokemon has done it's pretty obvious that it's the anime equivalent of Jesus or something.

Grei

not the color
Mijumaru eventually becomes a quadrupedal shell-horned otter.

(I jest, I jest)

EDIT: Well, actually, I suppose I don't. Miju3 doesn't make sense to me, but that's because I don't know enough about the basis yet.

Last edited:

oxybe

pokemon as a whole.

the entire global culture is based around sending a pre-teen out into the world with only a bag of and what surmounts to a glorified guard dog.

these children, barely outside the womb, are hurled into a violent world where wild animals fearlessly assault you and other people, from children to adult, will attempt to jump you and mug you using their trained animals so they can steal what little pocket money. after having this happen enough, your protagonist becomes hardened to the world at large an becomes another cog in the violent cycle.

after having your "pet" viciously maul enough animals it will suddenly undergo a physical change into another creature in a time frame of seconds. these supposedly natural changes can be stopped either manually or unnaturally via the application of special materials. heck, some of these creatures have such unstable bodies that simply applying enough minerals to them can force a change. it also seems that a few are susceptible to changes in a horror-movie scenario reminiscient of "the fly" where teleportation+foreign object = WTF?

you then require this child to go around the world unsupervised with a horde of these animals in tow willingly participating in what amounts to a regulated dog fight.

and this doesn't even go into detail about the performance enhancing drugs you can legally buy, or forcefully inbreeding them to gain particular qualities or traits, effectively creating a cute and cuddly ubermench. the fact that you can also bend the creature's mind and forcefully unlearn abilities and make it learn others it cannot naturally add to just how wrong the world of pokemon.

you know, i think "black and white" is the first appropriately name for the series as it accurately describes the contrast between the outside appearance and the true nature of the game.

also: yeah, that bag is one big WTF. i just assume it's the final evolution of the bag of holding (to use D&D terms). i mean, mine contains a few thousand pokeballs, several thousand yen, gord knows how many hundreds of pounds of fruit (which always stays fresh?), a bike, many many fist sized rocks, fossils and ceramic/metallic plates, about as many DVDs then my own personal collection, etc...

it's effectively Felix the Cat's magic bag, only transposed in another world & mass-manufactured.

one other thing: why is the protagonist always the one to save the world/country from the evil organization? i mean, "oh noes! team rocket and their level 20 army!"

the only time i've seen this done otherwise is when Lance decided to roll the base with his dragonite and just happened to bump into the player and asked if he/she wanted to come along to shorten the time needed. there are a LOT of high level trainers even outside of gym leaders & the elite four/champion. get them to save your world... it's not hard to get a pokemon past level 20!

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
Since kangashkan is born with a child in it's pouch, does that mean that that kangashkan has a child in it's puoch and so on and so forth?

yukamina

The hole bag thing - holding countless items including a bicycle and plant pots. But this weird space thing also happens with pokeballs, buildings(they have more space inside than they take up outside), and maybe some other things I'm forgetting.

Also, there aren't enough houses or rooms for all the people. Maybe that's why so many of them become homeless - I mean - pokemon trainers.

vbrasil

Just... a trainer.
There are some things that really bug me.
First of all, yeah, the bag thing, it's too big.

Then, we go to team tocket/magma/aqua/whatever: So most of them try to rule the world sending grunts that have mostly... dogs (poochyena), blind bats (all of them have at least one) and freaking rats.

Also, something that I always wondered: when you see Pokemons' descriptions, most of them talk about how they hunt or run from enemies... can you imagine a bunch of Weaviles pursuiting and beating to death a Bonsly, for example? How about a Geodude taking a dump? Heck, that disturbing.

But what I think is the worst thing there is when you breed for the best IV's. If you are an advanced player, you know how it is. You have to breed several times, and then get the ones who have the best IV's and breed them again, to get even better IV's. But man, let's think about it. So you make a couple to 'breed' until they have a strong child. All of the others newborn, defenseless babies are sent to the wild to be hunted by, let's say, Gliscors. THEN, you get the baby, and make it breed with its MOM!!! If that's not enough, when they have a child that's strong enough, sometimes you get that other baby and you make it f****ing breed with its grandma/grandpa, or even older parents!

Just... think about it.

How Gyarados can fly when it weighs probably more then 200 tones. Imagine seeing one of them floating in the sky!!!

How Lumnion can't learn fly even though it's a flying type and has wings.

How you can just walk into any randoms house with-out knocking or being invited in! They could easily call the cops on you for breaking in!

yukamina

How people don't try to attack you with their pokemon or call the police when you enter someones house. What do you think would happen if I pulled that?

People in pokemon are obviously pretty chill about /visits/trespassing, but in the case of bad guys: They can't attack you with their pokemon because you have your own pokemon to defend you. Once their's faint, the person still can't attack you because they wouldn't be strong enough to get past your pokemon.

Since breeding was brought up, I thought of something else. How come pokemon aren't interested in playing with another pokemon unless they are able to mate? Not only that but they mate with any pokemon they're compatible with , even if they don't like each other. Also, the thought of the same pokemon laying egg after egg after egg, it's kind of disturbing! I think the game makers need to work out these creepy aspects of breeding.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I think the bag these days, is a virtual Laptob storage system, in your bag.

sucks for diving in Hoenn, all those Rare Candies and Master Balls got glitched out and deleted.

I think its weird about RPGs in general that the progression of the storyline coincidentally goes with the progression of people's levels. So you'll meet a Team rocket leader with L-15's right around when your pokemon should be level 10-20, but later on the leader will have L-40's right when you should be around 35-45.

Other than that I pretty much accept all of the subtle things like lack of bathroom visits, pokemon going in pokeballs etc because those are just basic facts of the respective pokemon world.

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Possibly sounds like Tauros burgers

One thing I think is somewhat odd is the fact that every pokemon can learn toxic (aside from Magikarp, Caterpie, etc) what do they do? Spew bile on their opponent? What do you guys think?

Or maybe Milktank, because there is a farm in the game with a bunch of Milktank, plus Milktank and Tauros arent very common

vbrasil

Just... a trainer.
I think its weird about RPGs in general that the progression of the storyline coincidentally goes with the progression of people's levels.
Well, I guess many people would be ****** off if you just started your journey and the first gym had Lv 50-60 Pkms...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Bag:
Every pokemon master is supplied with a bag when they first start their pokemon journey. Usually a backpack or messenger bag. Later, you get a bicycle. Where you put the bicycle? In your backpack of course. Everything in the world can be squished down and put in your backpack.

Well, the game does try to give it a reason: Tis bicycle is a folding one. Folding bicycles ARE designed to be able to fit in bags and backpacks, though the bags they're designed for are way larger than, say, Dawn's purse. That's just ridiculous.

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
Jynx can be female

iTabris

Dragonite~
Pokemon can be crushed by rocks, smashed with iron, burnt to a crisp, drilled into with horns, forced to have psychologically disturbing nightmares, have said nightmares EATEN, mirage'd, get their life force drained with vines, bitten by giant bugs, frozen solid, dive-bombed at Mach speed, dropped into a fissure, punched with the power of Jackie Chan, hit by lightning, stabbed with poisonous barbs, and blasted with water at the pressure of a FIRE HOSE, and still only FAINT. Also, how the heck does a Spearow use Fly? I mean, I'd break the poor thing's spine if I tried to stand on it. x_x

P.S: Bags have the space equivalent of a store room, drugs are legal, sleep is apparently unnecessary, and Skitty and Wailord can breed. o-O;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.