• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Evolution. How does an animal evolve? It usually takes a thousand years… or so.

While real evolution takes thousands/millions of years, Pokemon evolution is more like mis-named "metamorphosis" (like a tadpole to a frog or a caterpillar to a butterfly in the real world).

Sporetox

Soul Keeper
After getting the scope you can see and capture the pokemon ghosts in lavender tower, however you cannot capture them beforehand, why not? Also, the pokemon you own fear the ghosts until you can see them, but once you capture one, the opponent's pokemon do not fear them, as far as I know the protagonist is the only one with the device, so are your pokemon just complete cowards?

fhqwhgads

Also, the pokemon you own fear the ghosts until you can see them, but once you capture one, the opponent's pokemon do not fear them, as far as I know the protagonist is the only one with the device, so are your pokemon just complete cowards?
Your Pokemon haven't seen ghosts before. Other people's Pokemon probably have.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Other people's Pokemon have probably seen ghosts before, but yours haven't? But why would this be true? That doesn't make any sense either...

Last edited:

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
No, by the time you get to Lavender town, you haven't only recently started your journey. You have AT LEAST 3 badges, maybe four, depending on when you decide to complete it. All the trainers around are lower levels than you (most likely), suggesting that they aren't more experienced than you are...
Anyway, if you bring a Lv. 100 Mewtwo in there without the Silph Scope, it even cowers, so it can't be because 'other trainer's Pokemon have seen ghosts before'.

fhqwhgads

And if you power through with low level stuff, then all of a sudden they ARE more powerful than you. YOUR ability has nothing to do with other people.
Anyway, if you bring a Lv. 100 Mewtwo in there without the Silph Scope, it even cowers, so it can't be because 'other trainer's Pokemon have seen ghosts before'.
Mewtwo was made in a lab, broke out, and flew to Cerulean. There are zero areas with ghosts in between Cinnabar and Cerulean.

Derp

[Something funny]
Growlithe can learn Close Combat thought egg moves.

How would it use that move if it has no fists?

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
And still haven't seen a single ghost, since they're only found in that tower.

And if you power through with low level stuff, then all of a sudden they ARE more powerful than you. YOUR ability has nothing to do with other people.

Mewtwo was made in a lab, broke out, and flew to Cerulean. There are zero areas with ghosts in between Cinnabar and Cerulean.
1. So why would other trainer's Pokemon have seen ghosts? How do you know they've been in the tower?

2. You missed my point. I meant that their levels indicate that they probably have no more badges than you do.

3. Yet again, you miss my point. What I mean is, you can use ANY Pokemon of ANY experience level, and it will be afraid of ghosts if you have no Silph Scope. Even if it's seen ghosts, even if you've traded it from a game you've already beaten, or even if they're your own Pokemon you went through the tower with when you HAD the Scope.

fhqwhgads

Yet all the trainers you meet from the point you can have a ghost have all had the opportunity to see a ghost!
3. Yet again, you miss my point. What I mean is, you can use ANY Pokemon of ANY experience level, and it will be afraid of ghosts if you have no Silph Scope. Even if it's seen ghosts, even if you've traded it from a game you've already beaten, or even if they're your own Pokemon you went through the tower with when you HAD the Scope.
That's just the game being a game.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Same way you know they haven't.

Yet all the trainers you meet from the point you can have a ghost have all had the opportunity to see a ghost!

That's just the game being a game.

1. I don't know they haven't. But they didn't have a Silph Scope, did they? I mean, presumably, since you have to beat Giovanni to get one.

2. Same thing I just said. Even if they saw it, how did they identify it?

3. You can argue 'That's just the game being a game' in most cases. -_-'

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
One thing I don't get is Sketch. How does Smeargle being a good artist allow it use any move?

Status
Not open for further replies.