• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned
What makes no sense is the Gym Leader/Elite Four's Pokemon team as they fall into these categories:

- Two or three of the exact same Pokemon (Ex: Jazz's Magnemites)
- Two or three Pokemon from the same family (Ex: Blaine's team in general)
- Pokemon who aren't part of the types they're associated with (Ex: Candice's Medicham)

Don't tell me that it's understandable for some gens because it's not. Look at Misty's team, she only uses Staryu and Starmie when there's other water types in the 1st gen she could use to replace one of them.

Volita

most infuriated
How much water can be produced in some attacks (Hydro Pump) from such a little pokemon body.

Aurath8

How much anything can be produced from such a little body. Caterpie's String Shot. Staryu's and Horsea's Surf. Gastly's Shadowball. Chimchar's Flamethrower.

FallenStar93

So how do cheats and playing dirty give you inmuniti to psychic attacks?

I think the Psychic-type has to do with light and the day while the Dark-type has to do with the dark and the night. Maybe Gamefreak thinks darkness is stronger than light.

Pansy :]

anustart
When you beat the champion, shouldn't you be the new one sitting in that room??? don't get me wrong... i'm not complaining, that would be the worst game ever if you had to sit around and wait for trainers to come... but they should have changed the dialouge a bit...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I get the feeling it's become a tradition to have the Elite Four and Champion just say the exact same things over and over.

And considering that the Battle Frontier only opens up when you've beaten them for that region, the Champion is not much of one if there are seemingly thousands of people over there.

Aurath8

How Mary was allowed into Lance's room after you beat him in HGSS. I can understand why Prof Oak was allowed in, as he is affilliated with the pokemon league. But Mary? How did she even get past the badge guard. Maybe she ran past so fast they didn't see her. But Koga must have, he's a ninja. Maybe Mary's a ninja too. Or she bribed him.
Another thing that doesn't make sense is that she can't figure out how to go through an open door.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Mary is in the press. She's there to cover the duel between Lance and the first person in some time to challenge him. People with press badges can get to almost anywhere they please, as long as there's something worth telling and the people over there give them permission.

That's the same reason she didn't go into the Champion's Room: Lance implied to her that he won't give her permission, causing her to anxiously pace back and forth at the doorway.

utaraptor

Ground Master
How moves do damage in the pokemon world, even if the actual thing would be horribly weak, such as scratch, bubble, petal dance, and lick. Then there are moves that should be stronger, such as flamethrower, water gun (its basically a water flamethrower), bite, and avalanch

chriswilliam92

Heat Trainer
How both you and your Pokemon survive without literally any food in the main video games. I mean, unless you buy a lemonade, water, lava cookie, etc. to heal your Pokemon, then that's a different story. I guess hunger doesn't exist. I'm happy they haven't implemented this though, because having to constantly feed yourself and your Pokemon would be tedious.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, doing this in EarthBound was kind of annoying. Video games are really only symbolic representations though. That and they're supposed to give you the good parts of life without the bad parts. It's not quite as entertaining otherwise.

Redstone

BOOM! headshot
Team Rocket: "oops i droped the lift key"
You cant catch a pokemon after it has fainted

nikohesus

Banned
How Manaphy exists when in MrBacklots book it says the pokemon has never been seen or captured.

Air exists, yet you have never seen nor captured it.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Ash's mom let his 10 year old child leave for like years and she only really acts like she cares when she sees him once or twice in months.

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
That Ash and his friends always happen to run into Legends

Aurath8

Air exists, yet you have never seen nor captured it.

True it may be for not seeing it, as it's colourless but Bubbles say hi for the capturing part. As well as holding your breath.
On topic: Gastly can learn the elemental punches but has no arms, fists and is made of gas.

Shedinja705

An outcast...
has everyone here forgotten that life doesn't make sense? Although i am not going against this thread, life doesn't make sense like, "why does dust exist, it has no purpose" or " Why do color movies exist" These are just a few of the very many things in life that doesn't make sense. so why go complaining that "oh ghastly can't learn puches, it doesn't have arms, it makes no sense!" and Blah blah blah BLAH!
EDIT; and do NOT call me a hypocrite, I've had enough stress for one day already.

rik

Hello,everyone ,i am new to serebii.What i want to say on my first post is-even the things that should have made sense (in the anime),sometimes dont-eg-pikachu defeats dragonair by poking its eyes,hyper beam affects ghost types,cross poison affects metagrosss,pikachu's first thunderbolt does not have any effect on rhyperior ,but when it increases the strength of thunderbolt,the rhino gets fried,a giant groudon weighs just about 1 tonne,but a male hippopotamus weighs around 2.5 tonnes(i just dont get it-how come pokemon are so incredibly light)..........

Anyway,here's my list of my fave dragons, according to rank:
1.salamence(awesome stats,balanced)
2.garchomp(the fast and the furious type)
3.dragonite(great,but its speed is a bit low)
the list starts getting irrelevant from here
4.kingdra(decent sp.atk good speed)
5.altaria(..its not a dragon,but..its sp.def is decent)
6.flygon(before anyone questions me on flygon's rank,please check out its base stats at smogon,moreover,it looks like a grovyle crossed with a beautifly)
Would anyone pls send their own list of fave dragons.

Fire Lord Shinou

Fire Pokemon Master
On Topic : How the hell can you pat a Slugma/Magcargo like they did in the anime??? I can understand that Flaming ones like Rapidash and Moltres can adjust it's temperature so that it won't burn their trainer... But Slugma?... It's made of damn boiling magma!?

Off Topic : My favorite Dragon is of course, Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.