• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikohesus

Banned
What do you mean? The events in the New World were manifested by Darkrai.

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer
FALSE

What are you breeding anyway? Eevee only has a 12.5% chance of being Female

breeding drugs I suppose lol

"WHOA! THIS HEMP IS TOTALLY FEMALE!"

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
I dont understand who thought it was a good idea for a regular garchomp and a shiny garchomp to look almost EXACTLY the same in color.

Electric

Gardenia? Why would anybody's parents name their daughter "Gardenia?" (Assuming she didn't change her name.)
This makes me conclude the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders are known by their last names, unless you really are Gardenia or Volkner.

Also, how you can go into people's houses. Pokemon logic is awesome.

The music when you fight Geechisu. Gamefreak went too far on this, it sounds like a ghastly, bloody demon boss fought in a Final Fantasy game or something. Dennis? Who's Dennis?

thunder_dragon2

~VirtualSpiritz
The hero in the video games never eats or drinks, wouldn't he be dead already?
And also... I reckon the hero REALLY needs to go to the toilet. I mean, no-one can hold on for over 341 hours and 47 minutes. Maybe because he eats nothing and drinks nothing means he doesn't need to use the toilet??

Electric

i never understood why in the R/S/E games you could skip the 2nd gym leader, brawly, and somehow beat the rest of the gyms

You can do that in Kanto, Sinnoh, and I think Unova?

In Kanto, you fight: Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, and Sabrina as the 3rd through 6th gym leaders in any order.

In Sinnoh, you can skip Maylene, but I think if you beat Wake before you beat her, the game forces you back to beat her.

In Johto, you can either fight Pryce as the 5th gym leader (do people take this path often?) or Chuck, then Jasmine. Most people save Pryce for the 7th gym leader which also leads me to post this...

How come in GSC Pryce's highest leveled Pokemon (Lv.31 Piloswine) is weaker than Jasmine's strongest Pokemon (Lv.35 Steelix?)

FormeEon

The DNA Master
1. how rock types get to be poisoned
2. how grass types do not burn w/o turning to ashes
3. how pokemon dig on a tower w/o Falling...
4. how trainers dont get affected by poison/stun/sleep powder (cause in the anime it does)
5. When pokemons breed there Baby is always FEMALE....
the next Questions has been driving me nuts
6. Why does Metapod turn into butterfree.... it should be venonat... instead of Metapod
7. how sleep powder works even though pokemon gets hurt/attacked

Click the link. Click full story. Read #3.
http://n4g.com/news/585574/eight-pokemon-revelations-you-may-have-never-noticed/com

Everything else you said is nonsense.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
You can do that in Kanto, Sinnoh, and I think Unova?

In Kanto, you fight: Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, and Sabrina as the 3rd through 6th gym leaders in any order.

In Sinnoh, you can skip Maylene, but I think if you beat Wake before you beat her, the game forces you back to beat her.

In Johto, you can either fight Pryce as the 5th gym leader (do people take this path often?) or Chuck, then Jasmine. Most people save Pryce for the 7th gym leader which also leads me to post this...

How come in GSC Pryce's highest leveled Pokemon (Lv.31 Piloswine) is weaker than Jasmine's strongest Pokemon (Lv.35 Steelix?)

Maybe the creators intended to have Pryce as the 6th leader. Which seems reasonable because you can get to Mahogany Town after Morty.

I really don't get how you can't hop back over the ledges.

Skydra

I beat Pryce first, and then in my second trip through the region I beat all trainers on the road to Pryce then doubled back to defeat Jasmine and Chuck.

They fixed Pryce's levels in heartgold (Piloswine now lv. 34, lower than Steelix by 1 probably because of his lv. 32 Dewgong that outmatches Jasmine's crappy Magnemite).

I never understood why peoples Pokemon's levels were all about the same in the same area and that they raise slightly each time you go to a different route. Do people in Route 2 have some sort of disorder where they can't train their Pokemon, and do the people in all routes after it get some sort of vaccine, each route from the starting pointgetting a better vaccine?

Also, the evil teams are too stupid to be realistic. I think of it as some sort of test the Elite Four makes up to see if you are good enough to challenge them.

Last edited:

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
The hero in the video games never eats or drinks, wouldn't he be dead already?
And also... I reckon the hero REALLY needs to go to the toilet. I mean, no-one can hold on for over 341 hours and 47 minutes. Maybe because he eats nothing and drinks nothing means he doesn't need to use the toilet??

He eats and drinks and goes to the toilet when you stop ordering him and turn off the game I guess... :p

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
the legendary golems and metagross have the ability clear body and thier bodies are clearly not clear (no pun intendid)

Aurath8

Gardenia? Why would anybody's parents name their daughter "Gardenia?" (Assuming she didn't change her name.)
This makes me conclude the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders are known by their last names, unless you really are Gardenia or Volkner.

The music when you fight Geechisu. Gamefreak went too far on this, it sounds like a ghastly, bloody demon boss fought in a Final Fantasy game or something. Dennis? Who's Dennis?

They're not chanting dennis, they're chanting denis, which is Latin for final which describes the last trainer in the main storyline and the end of your journey.
Some think it's penance though, and some think it is Geechis too.

Zachmac

I know someone who's last name is Duncan. Guess what everyone calls him? Duncan. Or donuts, if you want to annoy him.

The point is some people go by their last names.

Enpeithree

As many e's as Eevee
The infamous bicycle... only in the Pokemon world can a bicycle be stuffed into a normal sized backpack/bag. Or in May's case in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, a phany pack! xD

GalladeX

Uhm...could it be the whole shooting fire, water, electric,etc ; going into small balls(lol) ; basically legal **** fighting; 10 year old kids traveling the world ; shall i go on XD

It scares me that the fandom still thinks the protagonists are ten...

Anyway.

All the Nurse Joys. How can there be so many?
I always assumed they dyed their hair and wore a uniform.

How Pokemon like Wailord can be used in the Battle Tower, even though Wailord is clearly as big, if not bigger, than the room the battles take place in.

Enpeithree

As many e's as Eevee
How Pokemon like Wailord can be used in the Battle Tower, even though Wailord is clearly as big, if not bigger, than the room the battles take place in.

I wondered about that as well... Well, if the games still had the possibility of throwing a pokeball and having it miss the pokemon like in RBY, then the chances of missing Wailord is small since it's SO HUGE! xD

And as I understand it, most of the flying-type pokemon can learn fly... but I feel bad for those pidgeys and tailows having to carry a trainer that is well over x4 bigger then they are xD

Status
Not open for further replies.