• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobgoblin2099

Shooting Star
I don't understand why MEW can learn EVERY TM/HM!!!

It's got good genes.

What's weird is that Mew can learn every TM/HM, but Arceus (Re: PokeGOD) can't.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
But where does all that water come from if it's not a water type???
I lol'd after I read that, I almost pictured it... :p I need to be more serious.
Things don't make sense?
Well, it's Pokemon. That's all I have to say.

Rakurai

I don't understand the logic in Toxic being one of the TMs that can be learned by practically every single Pokemon, considering that the vast majority of them can't even learn any other Poison type attacks.

Talking about the characters mom, where the hell is his/her dad?!
I think in different games he was mentioned but why the character cant see his/her own dad, its just like the anime....

in ruby sapphire emerald i though ur dad was a gym leader

Jushi

The Illusion Wolf
The fact that in the game you cannot capture Fainted pokemon. When in the show thats the only way they ever catch anything.

How you can use a pidgey to fly always made me wonder, unless...
POKE-STEROIDS.

BCVM22

The fact that in the game you cannot capture Fainted pokemon. When in the show thats the only way they ever catch anything.

There would be absolutely no challenge in catching Pokémon if all you had to do was defeat them outright.

how dito can breed with any pokemon

Ditto can become any Pokémon; why is it hard to believe it can breed with nearly any Pokémon?

Jushi

The Illusion Wolf
There would be absolutely no challenge in catching Pokémon if all you had to do was defeat them outright.

Ditto can become any Pokémon; why is it hard to believe it can breed with nearly any Pokémon?

=U game balance isn't an excuse.

It still doesn't make Logical Sense Within the World of Pokemon.

Hobgoblin2099

Shooting Star
=U game balance isn't an excuse.

It still doesn't make Logical Sense Within the World of Pokemon.

This is a universe in which you can catch "The Messiah" in a Pokeball. >_>

Aquarelle

Staff member
Chatot's Chatter move can confuse the enemy.

I guess the enemy gets confused hearing a Pokemon talk in a voice other than its normal cry. (Because in the games, doesn't it play the sound you recorded when it uses Chatter?)

XXD17

Draco rex
But where does all that water come from if it's not a water type???

...Hyper Hammer Space?

Well water is present in gas form in the atmosphere...so maybe it can induce a kind of hyper-condensation with it electrical energy to convert large amounts of water vapor into liquid water? However, this will require the ability take in A LOT of heat considering how high water's specific heat capacity is...but hey, Pikachu have been known to crack regices and toast rhydons, anything is possible ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.