• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
There are different kinds of acid. They do not affect the same kind of material.

Actually, all types of arrhenius acids (most acids that are commonly called acids) corrode metals.

legendarypokemonmaster

How can pokemon explode without dying?

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Here's something that doesn't make sense, Meowth can talk but Ash never taught pikachu to talk? thats so dumb I mean teach it to say something man!!!!

Yeaaaahhhh, ok.

Better one, Meowth in the anime was said to have to learn how to stand on two feet, but in every game sprite Meowth is also standing. Hmmmmmmmmm.

MonkeyX

Here's something that doesn't make sense, Meowth can talk but Ash never taught pikachu to talk? thats so dumb I mean teach it to say something man!!!!

actually meowth has mentioned learning to talk cost him his battling skills which pikachu cant lose

Abs

Aspiring Breeder
I'm guessing that the Day Care people give you the Pokeball when you get the egg.

That makes sense. XD

Alright - here's one. If Metagross and Alakazam are more intelligent than supercomputers, why'd they bother making supercomputers? Presumably, those Pokémon were around long before supercomputers ever were. Also, if you were that intelligent, would you really submit yourself entirely to the whims of a child?

fhqwhgads

That's because they designed Meowth from a standing perspective, so it looks awkward on all fours. You'll notice in the anime, they rarely show four-legged Meowth, and when they do, it usually sits quickly and for long amounts of time.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Actually, Meowth looks more awkward standing on two feet than walking on all fours...it's like when Scooby Doo tries to walk like that. It doesn't look right. I wish they'd make it walk like it's supposed to...

Flame Mistress

That makes sense. XD

Alright - here's one. If Metagross and Alakazam are more intelligent than supercomputers, why'd they bother making supercomputers? Presumably, those Pokémon were around long before supercomputers ever were. Also, if you were that intelligent, would you really submit yourself entirely to the whims of a child?

Exactly.

But what's more, they're basically supercomputers and they can only remember four moves at a time (in the games, anyway).

Also, Alakazam's pokedex entry states that it can remember everything from birth. Ironic, hm?

skysky1992

What doesn't make sense to me? A game about humans capturing animals in a capsule and forcing them into "dog-fighting" competitions.

The whole thing is a mind-blow-er!

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Why Golurk is Ground/Ghost. It's basically a ghost in a Roman Armor, so shouldn't it be Steel/Ghost?

BCVM22

Why Golurk is Ground/Ghost. It's basically a ghost in a Roman Armor, so shouldn't it be Steel/Ghost?

Were I to hazard a guess, I would bet that it's because the golems of Jewish folklore - the basis for Golett/Golurk and the Regis - were fashioned from clay, which comes from the earth, hence the Ground-typing. That they were animated by mysticism in said folklore accounts for the Ghost-typing.

Game Freak mixed that concept with the archetypical Japanese giant robot for Golett and Golurk, which is why they appear to have armor of metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.