• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric

Something that doesn't make sense in my opinion...

In BW when the gym leader has their last Pokemon out, that one epic remix of the classic battle anime whatever it is plays. Well also when you have low HP, a "panic" theme plays. Once a Pokemon faints, the panic theme stops and the battle music is played again. I find it ironic that if you have low HP while facing the last Pokemon of a gym leader and your Pokemon faints, the awesome epic battle theme plays again, which is kinda weird considering your Pokemon just fainted, and that doesn't seem to fit the scenario.

Vodka Haze

Pokemon like Cloyster, Goldeen, Horsea, etc. can float in mid-air in 3D Pokemon games, yet they have no way to hold themselves in the air. Once more, they can also be hit by Earthquake and Gengar can't.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
Pokemon like Cloyster, Goldeen, Horsea, etc. can float in mid-air in 3D Pokemon games, yet they have no way to hold themselves in the air. Once more, they can also be hit by Earthquake and Gengar can't.

I agree with u on the part of water pokemon, but gengar has the ability levitate which is why it cant be hit by earthquake.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
In the movies, they say its a Myth or a Legend, and you see Pokemon that aren't from Kanto, that doesn't make sense
Like in that Arceus movie. Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile, Pichu, Manectrike, Electrike, Heatran, Bronzong and more.. were shown and that time, it was like a million years ago..
They should've added them in Kanto if they were already there a million years ago..

The other generations have already existed. Truth must exist before you find it. Otherweise it cannot be found. In the anime it is even mentioned that there are other unknown Pokémon for sure but that they have to be found first. So just because some people 1000 years ago know something the next generations do have to know it. Not to forget that it is way more strange that the other regions had to exist all the time BUT the scientists didn't know about the other Pokémon generations. That's strange, but not the appearance of some Pokémon in the past.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Most of these have already been covered before, so I'll just touch on the ones that interest me.

Spoons are made of soft metal. Most times, I end up bending my own spoons just through normal eating. Steelix, Skarmory and Empoleon are a little thicker than spoons. Psychics are also fabled to be able to manipulate humans like marionettes, yet they still retain normal effectiveness against Normal-types. That they're capable of manipulating something doesn't they're particularly effective at it.

This one I agree with. Wood and foliage may resist steady streams of electricity, but bolts of lightning just destroy them. Pokemon isn't the only offender of the "Grass > Lightning" phenomena, and they are all so very questionable for it.

:D

I think that if you use and Electric type move two turns in a row, it should be "Super Effective", but thatr is my opinion.

BCVM22

Why is Maggyo not a Water type u_ú makes no sense to me.

Because much like Gligar/Gliscor (Ground/Flying with Poison influence), I do imagine the options were make it a Water/Electric or Water/Ground, both of which have been done, or assume that most people out there will be smart enough to look at the shape and the design and realize it's a fish of some sort, eschew the largely-unnecessary Water-type and generate a new and unique type combination as a result.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
ANNNNNND

it hides in dirt more than water, there's a comic showing how it does it (those japanese comics, like the one showing how Golurk flies).

Blinkingsky

Matsuda breeder
The fact that parents willingly let their 10-year-old children out into the world with something that might decide to not help him/her when being attacked. Oh yea, and lets not forget: the creepers would love this world, and i'm not talking about the exploding kind(actually, they would love this world too. They love all worlds in which they can troll people).

Tepig 5000

Darkness Filled Me
Ok so

The moves thunder srikes with a lightning bolt
Rermeraid into octillery how can a fish turn to an octopussy
that stunkfish is ground and electric and spends most of it time in water
That a crawdilly can move and run and return to a pokeball
Skitty breed with whalelord
Pokemon cannot die, even after guillotined, burnt to a crisp, or crushed by boulders A mere child is able to raise a team of Pokemon and become the most powerful trainer in the world in a matter of days

Zibdas

not bad
Ok so

The moves thunder srikes with a lightning bolt
Rermeraid into octillery how can a fish turn to an octopussy
that stunkfish is ground and electric and spends most of it time in water
That a crawdilly can move and run and return to a pokeball
Skitty breed with whalelord
Pokemon cannot die, even after guillotined, burnt to a crisp, or crushed by boulders A mere child is able to raise a team of Pokemon and become the most powerful trainer in the world in a matter of days

That you can apparently not know how to spell half the Pokemon's names in your post.

3. The game says Regice was formed in Antarctica, which doesn't exist in Pokemon.

Two things I have to say:
1. I have an Xatu card that says:In South America........(blah blah blah)
^ It doesn't really say blah. Are all South Americans Pokemon lovers?
2. Brandon(?) the Pyramid Frontier Brain's pyramid is the Great Pyramid of Giza. (They mention it sometime)

Zibdas

not bad
Two things I have to say:
1. I have an Xatu card that says:In South America........(blah blah blah)
^ It doesn't really say blah. Are all South Americans Pokemon lovers?
2. Brandon(?) the Pyramid Frontier Brain's pyramid is the Great Pyramid of Giza. (They mention it sometime)

Not to mention Mew was found in South America.

Electric

Lt Surge's team
Voltorb Lv21
Pikachu Lv18
Raichu Lv24

The levels are kinda confusing. Why is Pikachu at level 18?

Wattson's team
Magnemite Lv22
Voltorb Lv20
Magneton Lv23

Same with Voltorb, it's at a lower level, but it should be as strong as Magnemite.

Falkner's team: (HGSS)
Pidgey Lv9
Pidgeotto Lv13

The level 13 Pidgeotto is strong, but why is the Pidgey at level 9? Making it level 12 would be more reasonable.

On the Cycling Road in RSE, there are trainers with level 8 Voltorbs, which is just unknown why.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Lt Surge's team
Voltorb Lv21
Pikachu Lv18
Raichu Lv24

The levels are kinda confusing. Why is Pikachu at level 18?

Wattson's team
Magnemite Lv22
Voltorb Lv20
Magneton Lv23

Same with Voltorb, it's at a lower level, but it should be as strong as Magnemite.

Falkner's team: (HGSS)
Pidgey Lv9
Pidgeotto Lv13

The level 13 Pidgeotto is strong, but why is the Pidgey at level 9? Making it level 12 would be more reasonable.

On the Cycling Road in RSE, there are trainers with level 8 Voltorbs, which is just unknown why.

Its all about inconvenience

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
How Ash & co. can get so close to TR when TR's camoflaged and not know it's TR.

:644:

Status
Not open for further replies.