• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Games You Want to Try

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I definitely wanna test this complete gimmick but with a Durant instead.

ALOV__fRIUSWQSqvnJGYaA2.png

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I definitely wanna test this complete gimmick but with a Durant instead.

ALOV__fRIUSWQSqvnJGYaA2.png

Interesting... Though personally, I'd rather save the Mimic Move Tutor in Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen for BETTER and permanent uses. Like my signature says I'm a glitcher. Mimic Move Tutor is CRUCIAL to me. If I had a Shedinja with Mimic in BW/BW2, I'd throw it out. But if I had the same Shedinja in Generation IV, it'll quickly end up with Endeavor + Speed Priority.

I'm not even sure if Entrainment works for Wonder Guard. Entrainment fails with Truant (I think), and Wonder Guard isn't affected by Skill Swap (but can be Traced). And because Magnet Rise isn't permanent, the Elektross isn't invincible. Not to mention Mold Breaker screws it over instantly. Then again, there is no such thing as an invincible Pokemon. And doing this leaves your entire team vulnerable to enemy attacks for a couple of turns.

Edit: Entrainment fails ON Truant, not WITH. So you can't use Entrainment against a Slaking.

And I think a Spritomb would be a better option for receiving the Wonder Guard + Entrainment. Or a Porygon-Z with Conversion.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hum... Wonder Guard cannot be affected by Moves that affect Abilities. Same goes to Yruant, unless you use Skill Swap.

Also, there was a glitch in DP that allowed you to get a ??? Arcues. But since Arcues wasn't released then, and thise copies were sent back, it's impossible to get one now unless you hack. So that case is solved too.

In PMD, I would like to try out havng a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, and Magic Bounce at the same time. I ink the only way for it to get damaged then is by having Mold Breaker and the such, or using Gastro Acid.

It's impossible, but most things in here are impossible anyways.

Missile157

Kingdra Trainer
I believe you can use an Entrainment Durant with Traunt to incapacitate opponents and allow for insane setups on the Battle Subway. By using protect every time they can attack and a Stat boosting move when they loaf around, flawless setups are relatively easy. There some counters and risks so watch out (eg: Explosion), but check the Battle Subway Leaderboards on Smogon, the top guy has 1001 with a Durant team.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
A thought occurs... and this MAY become important as DW Dittos become more frequent.
What happens if two Pokemon with Imposter face off at once? So if a battle starts and both sides' first Pokemon is DW Ditto.
Do both Ditto instantly transform into each other, thereby maintaining their Imposter Ability, or does the Ability fail to trigger?

This leads to more questions. WHEN does the Ability Imposter trigger? Does it only trigger at the start of a battle, or does it constantly trigger? If it constantly triggers, then is DW Ditto vs DW Ditto battle stuck in an infinite loop? Or if the Ability fails to trigger against other Imposter users, then does the Ability trigger once the opponent switches out?

Zachmac

A thought occurs... and this MAY become important as DW Dittos become more frequent.
What happens if two Pokemon with Imposter face off at once? So if a battle starts and both sides' first Pokemon is DW Ditto.
Do both Ditto instantly transform into each other, thereby maintaining their Imposter Ability, or does the Ability fail to trigger?

This leads to more questions. WHEN does the Ability Imposter trigger? Does it only trigger at the start of a battle, or does it constantly trigger? If it constantly triggers, then is DW Ditto vs DW Ditto battle stuck in an infinite loop? Or if the Ability fails to trigger against other Imposter users, then does the Ability trigger once the opponent switches out?
A pokemon that can't transform into one that is already transformed.

Imposter activates the instant the ditto steps into battle, but since it copies the foes ability, it'll have to swap out to transform again.

When two abilities activate, the one with the higher priority goes first. So, if my Kyogre was faster then Groudon, drizzle would activate, and then Groudon's drought would appear and replace the weather with sunlight. I'm 99.9% sure this is the same with imposter. If the pokemon have the same speed stat, it's a 50% chance.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
A pokemon that can't transform into one that is already transformed.

Imposter activates the instant the ditto steps into battle, but since it copies the foes ability, it'll have to swap out to transform again.

What I'm talking about is what happens if two DW Dittos face off. Yes, upon Transforming, the Ability changes to the target. But if the target ALSO has Imposter, the Ability changes from Imposter to... Imposter. This means, the Ditto will STILL have Imposter whether or not the Ability triggered. So does that Ditto, that maintains its Imposter Ability in the middle the battle, automatically Transform if the opponent DW Ditto switches out?

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
What I'm talking about is what happens if two DW Dittos face off. Yes, upon Transforming, the Ability changes to the target. But if the target ALSO has Imposter, the Ability changes from Imposter to... Imposter. This means, the Ditto will STILL have Imposter whether or not the Ability triggered. So does that Ditto, that maintains its Imposter Ability in the middle the battle, automatically Transform if the opponent DW Ditto switches out?

This is triply, someone should try this to see what happens (maybe a glitch?)

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Okay then... when I can, I'll RNG myself a second DW Ability Ditto and see what happens if two of them face off at the same time. In the meantime, I hope someone can answer another question.

Does the Rivalry ability trigger against Illusion? Let's say a male Rivalry Haxorus is facing a female Zoroark. The Zoroark's Illusion Ability makes it appear as... say, a male... Pidgey. Does Haxorus's Rivalry trigger the +25% Atk because its opponent appears to be the same gender, or does it trigger the -25% Atk because its opponent is actually of the opposite gender?

I can't test this since I don't have anything with Rivalry. It's not... the best Ability out there.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I wonder if equipping a Focus Sash on a Pokemon with Sturdy would make a difference.

Jaguartail

Playing as the villians.

Also, once you become champion, it would be nice if you would stay the champion for a while and defeat various challengers to your 'throne'. Rather than the current system of the old champion taking over as soon as you leave the champion/elite four area.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I wonder if equipping a Focus Sash on a Pokemon with Sturdy would make a difference.

Probably no difference, but I do wonder which is triggered first. If a level 100 Mew blasted a level 1 Aron (that has Ability Sturdy and item Focus Sash) with Aura Sphere, does A) Ability Sturdy triggers and Aron survives (thereby keeping Focus Sash), or B) item Focus Sash triggers and Aron survives?

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Playing as the villians.

Also, once you become champion, it would be nice if you would stay the champion for a while and defeat various challengers to your 'throne'. Rather than the current system of the old champion taking over as soon as you leave the champion/elite four area.

I don't know about the champion idea, It's hard to see how it would work.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Being able to customize my player's 'look' or they're clothes (and not just for super contests!! but actual in-game play XD) would be pretty epic XD

Bluemiracle

Biologist
surf on the actual sprite of the pokemon you're using :D and fly too

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Being able to customize my player's 'look' or they're clothes (and not just for super contests!! but actual in-game play XD) would be pretty epic XD

Oh my gosh this is an amazing idea! Would totally make my character have a jacket similar to cynthia's, except white and blue instead of black. ^_^.

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
Definitely wouldn't mind actually surfing on the pokemon I used surf with rather than the odd shaped creature that pops up instead...

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I wonder what would happen if you went to Icirrus City in the winter, climbed up the snowslide near Dragonspiral Tower, save,wait till spring, then turn on the game again. Would the trainer be trapped unless they have a flying Pokemon? Would there be a ledge you can jump off of?

Cutty

Forever now
I'd like to play as an adult character.