1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Doomsdaytreecko, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Kyro13

Kyro13 Banned

Why do some pokemon need to level up to learn how to bite? (Though I'm sure it's been asked before)

2. Jdrawer

Jdrawer ...

Well, you can bite food, but can you bite in combat? It doesn't make sense why Ponyta goes from being a Pokemon to a horse and back in the same episode. And why can't all Electric and Fire types learn Flash?

3. Bite is a Dark type move, and inflicts Dark type damage. Maybe the Pokémon needs enough experience before it can use Dark as an element in its bite?

There's a theory that the Trainer keeps their stuff in a/their Pokéball(s).

4. Alli

Alli Well-Known Member

Actually it is a Dark type move, because biting someone in a fight is considered dirty fighting. That's it. There is no Dark element.

5. HalfaBean

HalfaBean New Member

What I want to know are what are the evolutionary benefits of being a mime.
    Spr_5b_122.png

I mean, seriously.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. iAm_Michael

iAm_Michael Mike Is Da Best!

Why can you fly across the continent, when you can't even climb a ledge, or let alone just have something fly you on top of the ledge to get a particular item.

Instead you have to go all the way around a different route to get there, just to take a 3 foot drop down.

7. Jdrawer

Jdrawer ...

Your Pokemon don't feel like haulin' you that insignificant a distance, I guess.

Why don't field moves cost PP?

8. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

I always thought you keep things in item capsules inside of your Bag, the same way you find them scattered throughout the region.

Psychic powers, magical barriers.

9. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm, I never really thought of that. That makes more sense.

10. Unredemption

Unredemption Well-Known Member

Then why can't huge Pokemon like Onix and Steelix be used as "ramps" to overcome ledges? This was depicted several times in the anime and manga, though. Unless the ledges are truly disproportionate in size to their overworld depiction.

For field moves, perhaps using moves battle requires a special sort of physiological power (represented by PP) to use it as an attack? Whereas using them in the field is second nature, like Wailord using Surf.

Realistically speaking, field moves using PP would mean possible scenarios of getting stuck in-game, like on the plot of land outside Vermillion Gym (0 PP for Cut) or on the Abandoned Ship (0 PP for Surf).

11. destinydude000

destinydude000 The Awesome Dude

the same way they can cause such powerful explosions, they can survive it.
    the team rocket part is just some kind of joke for small kids. the same way that ash is still 10, team rocket won't die with falling off the sky!!!
    I read somewhere that ash's pikachu was born from a special mother pikachu, maybe just a story, or probably it's TRUE!!!

12. cascadethewarrior

cascadethewarrior ~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

Something that I never understood was why they did not make Nidoran a single Pokemon with a branch evolution when they introduced gender into Pokemon? It's simple really, If Nidoran is female it would look like the Nidoran and look blueish, then evolve into Nidorina and Nidoqueen respectively. And the same would apply to Nidoran, it would look magenta and evolve into Nidorino and Nidoking respectively.

One could argue that, why would they take away a Pokemon? But in that sense they should not have changed Magnemite and Magneton to part Steel then.

13. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

But then how do you know what item is in which capsule? Later on in the game when you've got upwards of thousands of items in multiple sections of your bags, how can you differentiate?

Same goes for Pokemon, really... if all your Pokemon are in the same type of Pokeballs, how do you know which member of your team you're sending out when you have six identical Pokeballs in front of you? Or as a trainer do you just... "know"?

14. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

You can tell the difference by affixing your Pokeball with an arcane construct known as a "label," which can only be created through the use of a sacred wand of ink on a strip of treeskin, which is then bound to the Pokeball using an enchanted adhesive.

Yikes, I think I overloaded my own sarcasm circuits with that one...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  15. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

Just a tad.

16. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

uhm red gyaradose in the anime was a red magikarp not golden magikarp nya~

17. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Team Rocket had used an evolution inducing machine to make Magikarp evolve. But, Magikarp retained its red color. Plus it's the anime, we still haven't gotten Pink Butterfree yet. :(

18. Kyro13

Kyro13 Banned

-coughcoughanimecough-

19. Jdrawer

Jdrawer ...

Different move sets for them and their evolutions.

20. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Well the anime is doophy and I prefer to ignore it in cases like this.