• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Not forgetting that it and several others that learn Surf are rock and/or ground type and therefore weak to water.

Just because they're weak to Water-type attacks doesn't mean that they're susceptible to every trace of that element in existence. For example, Onix can walk in the grass just fine. It's when grass is directed at them by another Pokémon as an attack that it harms them.

Rakurai

Wailord has its weight spread through a much larger frame then Aggron.

Aggron is ridiculously dense, which is why the thought of it swimming seems rather silly.

I don't get why flying pikachu doesn't get the levitating effect. Surely if it is floating on balloons it'll levitate, unless it just magically makes balloons out of thin air.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't get why flying pikachu doesn't get the levitating effect. Surely if it is floating on balloons it'll levitate, unless it just magically makes balloons out of thin air.

it "levitates" only when using Fly. In any other times, it is on the ground.

If you want actual protection against Ground move that is still balloon-related, there's the Air Balloon hold item.

broomstig

Water/Dragon Leader
why is gyarados water/flying? it cant fly, and it can't learn any flying type moves! should have been part dragon, or at least just water

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Nobody has a toilet.

How some Gyms haven't been closed down for being freakishly unsafe. The giant Dragon statue in Opelucid City, you could fall off that thing and die. Blackthorn City's Gym in HGSS, it's filled with Lava if I remember right.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Nobody has a toilet.

Silly Llama, there are no bathrooms in RPGs! (exceptmother3butwhatever)

Anyway, how can Wooper know Ice Punch? The thing has no arms. I know you may say it uses its tail, but it's a PUNCH! Not a tail attack.

Kyro13

Banned
How some Gyms haven't been closed down for being freakishly unsafe. The giant Dragon statue in Opelucid City, you could fall off that thing and die. Blackthorn City's Gym in HGSS, it's filled with Lava if I remember right.

Yeah... Um.. I couldn't tell you.. Maybe they have massively massive amounts of wavers? ;D

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Epic-Inferno said:
Silly Llama, there are no bathrooms in RPGs! (exceptmother3butwhatever)

Anyway, how can Wooper know Ice Punch? The thing has no arms. I know you may say it uses its tail, but it's a PUNCH! Not a tail attack.
And Legend of Zelda.

Anyway, I just watched the Anime yesterday from my TV recording, and I don't understand. How does Golurk fly!? And when he does, he swaps his legs for a cannon/rocket like rump. WHERE DO HIS LEGS GOOOO! LOL. Like, seriously though, he's a ground Poke, not Flying. :p

Unredemption

Aggron is ridiculously dense, which is why the thought of it swimming seems rather silly.

Actually, Aggron's density is still lower than that of water. Since its height is 2.1 m, Aggron would easily have a body volume of over 2 cubic metres. That results in a density of 180 kg per cubic metre, which is far lower than water's 1000 kg per cubic metre.

On the other hand, Aron has a far greater density due to its small size (0.4 m) yet a very high mass (60 kg). Hence, Aron would sink in water while Aggron would float.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Actually, Aggron's density is still lower than that of water. Since its height is 2.1 m, Aggron would easily have a body volume of over 2 cubic metres. That results in a density of 180 kg per cubic metre, which is far lower than water's 1000 kg per cubic metre.

On the other hand, Aron has a far greater density due to its small size (0.4 m) yet a very high mass (60 kg). Hence, Aron would sink in water while Aggron would float.

Wow! just wow... that is amazing. can't believe you knew that. I have to say that some of the gyms seem very dangerous. (i'm thinking of mistralton) Also, why can't all water type pokemon learn surf? The same goes for flying types and fly. (or just generally thinga with wings) i know some are 'too small' yet pidgey has no problem with it.

How does Ash's super strong well-trained pikachu lose to Trip's young, untrained snivy after a few hits in the beginning of Pokemon Black/White anime?

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
If Alakazam has such a high IQ, then it should be the Alakazam that enslaves the human. Yet, Alakazam is a commonly trained Pokemon, and supposedly, it is even smarter than humans... Huh?