• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
If Alakazam has such a high IQ, then it should be the Alakazam that enslaves the human. Yet, Alakazam is a commonly trained Pokemon, and supposedly, it is even smarter than humans... Huh?

Metagross would like a word with you.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
And Legend of Zelda.

Anyway, I just watched the Anime yesterday from my TV recording, and I don't understand. How does Golurk fly!? And when he does, he swaps his legs for a cannon/rocket like rump. WHERE DO HIS LEGS GOOOO! LOL. Like, seriously though, he's a ground Poke, not Flying. :p

Golurk has a hollow body, and his legs are roughly the same length as his body, so they tuck up into the torso.

lollygag

Banned
I wish we could play as the other characters.

It would be cool to be Marlon. Then you could just swim across the water and not surf.

Why? It would be so boring in there, I mean what does he do in that cave all day? Maybe there is some sort of amazing treasure in that cave that he's just trying to hide from us. But all joking aside, why does he choose to stay in that cave for the rest of his life? Also it makes you question the parents. Instead of sending their kids to school they let them go on an adventure around the world. Then again maybe they just don't like us. That would be the easiest way to avoid a college fund.

"Wait what you want to be a doctor. NOPE your going on an adventure around the world."

Remember that one episode? In Snowpoint? Where there were all the adults who didn't leave on a journey to persue real jobs?

And how is KadAbrAlakazam a "Fox Pokemon"?

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I always find it weird that there are 2 different version exclusive stories, and then there is a third story which is like the combination of the other two. Do these events happen at the same time or at different times ?
Shouldn't all version have the same story ?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I always find it weird that there are 2 different version exclusive stories, and then there is a third story which is like the combination of the other two. Do these events happen at the same time or at different times ?
Shouldn't all version have the same story ?

Well, if the stories were the same then there would be little point in making two versions. The third versions are considered canon (hence Cynthia referring to Giratina in BW and an NPC referring to the Mirage Tower in BW2), meaning that the other two (R/S, D/P) don't actually happen, while remakes (FRLG) are usually believed to trump the originals (RBYGSC) in terms of canonicity, meaning that the remakes are what truly happened as far as the story is concerned. The Black and White games are essentially a branched timeline; in one version of reality, Reshiram's hero had more influence on society, while in the other, Zekrom's hero was more prominent.

shadorai

wandering trainer
why don't legendary pokemon rule the world? i'm sure even if just lugia and ho-oh got together for some coffee they could take over johto in a matter of hours.

virizionx86

Better than Breloom.
The Black and White games are essentially a branched timeline; in one version of reality, Reshiram's hero had more influence on society, while in the other, Zekrom's hero was more prominent.

Which of the two is presumed to actually be canon, and which of the two wouldn't?

Unredemption

Why can't you walk around the trees blocking the way? Or climb past it? Or better yet, fly past it with your Pokemon?

Hmm, because the player character is supposed to be a kid and he won't have the guts to venture into a forest with no path? Just my guess.

You CAN fly "past trees", that's how you Fly to towns. The game just doesn't show it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
why don't legendary pokemon rule the world? i'm sure even if just lugia and ho-oh got together for some coffee they could take over johto in a matter of hours.

1) They probably don't possess such a high level of self-awareness; Pokémon seem to be between humans and animals as far as sapience is concerned. Even then, their primary interests probably lie elsewhere (i.e. survival).
2) They could probably be taking down by a high-caliber Trainer anyway. It is quite possible for one to knock out a Ho-Oh; you can do it in-game rather easily. Especially if you have a Rock-type.

Well, it's because of Zekrom's electricity that weaken Pikachu, but Pikachu should have been strong enough to still defeat Tsutarja. But, it's the anime, so things happen. :/

Furthermore, pikachu was obviously going to win if he didn't use any electric-type attacks since he started to weaken after trying to. Why in the world would Ash make his pikachu use the moves it has that are NOT VERY EFFECTIVE on snivy. His other two moves are neutral.

It would become Normal-typed.

How can you say that so confidently? Do you know for a fact that it would become a normal type if it could use roost?