• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Livingtime

How can some normal types (eg. Exploud, Dunsparce) use Fire and Electric type moves?

In my opinion, it makes sense for them to. They're more universal types if anything, I mean what IS a normal type?

I find it weird how the majority of Baby flying pokemon that can learn Fly, I mean Zubat? Please tell me how you get on that thing, and how does it get around? I doubt echolocation can let it fly everywhere.

Elnava

The Successor!
In my opinion, it makes sense for them to. They're more universal types if anything, I mean what IS a normal type?

I find it weird how the majority of Baby flying pokemon that can learn Fly, I mean Zubat? Please tell me how you get on that thing, and how does it get around? I doubt echolocation can let it fly everywhere.

I've found the answer

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
How can some normal types (eg. Exploud, Dunsparce) use Fire and Electric type moves?

Think of the Normal-type as a sort of base type for all the others.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Can someone explain why...

Bisharp can learn Grass Knot

Samurott can't learn Dual Chop, or Shell Smash

Dewott can't Ice Punch

Most pokémon with visible fangs can't learn Bite, Crunch, Ice Fang, etc...

I hate to say it...FERROTHORN can't Rapid Spin

Maxiiimuz

PokéFan
What makes least sense to me is the storyline between B/W and B/W2. How come that after i finished B/W with my mighty pokemons they are all gone for no reason and Bell and Cheren act as if they don't know me again!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
What makes least sense to me is the storyline between B/W and B/W2. How come that after i finished B/W with my mighty pokemons they are all gone for no reason and Bell and Cheren act as if they don't know me again!

Because, the protagonist of B/W1 is NOT the same character from B/W2

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter

You're a different personal altogether, mate. You play Hildo in BW, and Nate in B2W2.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Why can't Garchomp learn Fly?

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
As far as I'm concerned, the thing that makes the least sense to me is why Palkia is Water type. I mean come on. It is the overlord of space. What does water have to do with that at all?

Also why is Flash Cannon a Steel Move?

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I still don't get why fighting is super effective against steel. If you punch something made of steel, it's going hurt real bad.
Also, I feel that it should have been called metal type instead of steel type.

WildHennaCharizard

I still don't get why fighting is super effective against steel. If you punch something made of steel, it's going hurt real bad.

In real life some martial artists strenghten there fists by by punching metal. Aslo blocks of wood and concrete have breaking pionts so you can break them if you do it right.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
As far as I'm concerned, the thing that makes the least sense to me is why Palkia is Water type. I mean come on. It is the overlord of space. What does water have to do with that at all?

Question: What is the name of the counterpart of Pokémon Diamond version?

Because some fighters are strong enough to dent steel?

telivisionhead

How can Gastly learn Thunderpunch,Ice punch and Fire punch as some of its egg moves! At least with wooper it can maybe use its tail but then Gastly... o_O

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
How can Gastly learn Thunderpunch,Ice punch and Fire punch as some of its egg moves! At least with wooper it can maybe use its tail but then Gastly... o_O

Gastly is mostly composed of a gaseous substance; it could easily shape that into the form of a fist and then charge it with an element.

Just to further my point, ghosts have often been thought to be able to create cold spots, affect electronic devices, and manipulate flames.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Bisharp can learn Giga Drain...what?

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)

Well the reason is that Palkia, Dialga and Giratina represent the 3 states of matter. Palkia is liquid (water), Dialga is solid(steel) and Giratina is gas(ghost). So, it does make sense for Palkia to be water type.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well the reason is that Palkia, Dialga and Giratina represent the 3 states of matter. Palkia is liquid (water), Dialga is solid(steel) and Giratina is gas(ghost). So, it does make sense for Palkia to be water type.

Plus, there's the association of pearls with water.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Plus, there's the association of pearls with water.
Though that does raise the question of dialga's typing. If dialga were the diamond pokémon, shouldn't it be rock type, considering power gem is a rock type move and diamonds are referred to as "rocks"?