1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Doomsdaytreecko, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Griever789

Griever789 Well-Known Member

Hm reminds me of a funny little comic where a trainer catches a bunch of things in one pokeball and what came out was a horrible monstrosity of fused together pokemon.

Hm perhaps what pervents you from catching mulitple things is a safety device that the manufacters put into the ball, weird cases like slowbro have like exception programmed in.

2. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

I think this was confirmed in the 2nd anime episode which had the Centre's power to be cut shortly before the Joys got the power running again by having a bunch of pikachu operate a generator.

Maybe, though unless using one ball for more than one pokémon would cause something bad to happen in other cases (which seems doubtful, two kangaskhan being caught in one ball doesn't appear to fuse them), that kind of sounds like artificially created demand, those greedy designers.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  3. Blaze The Movie Fan

Blaze The Movie Fan Reviewer and PokéFan

The fact that Kangaskan has a baby in its pouch after hatching from an egg is very weird to me.

And yeah, Exeggecute fitting into a PokéBall is pretty weird as well.

4. ZyGardeArceus

ZyGardeArceus Member

That you can't drive a car in the games. Think about it. The kid's going out into the world by himself! That right there is a real life SVU case waiting to happen. Plus he's controlling these dangerous destructive monsters, and he's limited to a bike?? Does that jive with anybody here?? At the end of the game you have over $500,000. If I have that much money, I wanna buy a car! They should put a Range Rover, a Lamborghini, MayBach, and a Rolls Royce in the next game! GameFreak what's going on????

5. Griever789

Griever789 Well-Known Member

I always liked the theory that the "baby" is not a baby but something like a symboitic being.

6. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

In Japan, Kangaskhan is classified as the "Parent and Child Pokémon," which could be taken to mean that they comprise a single entity.

7. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

With the exception of the cars under the Skyarrow Bridge and some trucks, cars don't exist in Pokémon.

Also, why would the PC want to drive in the first place, it would unable them to functionably see Pokémon, and I would dread hopping over thin little white rails over a waterfall with a car.

8. Blaze The Movie Fan

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

Cars DO exist in the Pokémon World. There aren't only a few episodes where cars are being used in the Pokémon anime, there are many of them.

9. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Games=/=Animé.
    I was referring to it from solely a Game-standpoint.

10. appelpower

appelpower Sinnoh Champion

If I'm not mistaken, there are a few cars in Lumiose city as well...

11. Blaze The Movie Fan

By that logic all towns and cities must have less than 100 people in there.

I'm sorry but the fact that limited amount of things exist within the game doesn't mean there is a limited amount of that in the Pokémon World.

A video game can't have everything that exists within the Pokémon World. And I personally think it's dumb to say few cars exist in the Pokémon World based solely on that.

12. ShachonianX

ShachonianX Spheal Lord

The only problem with this logic is that in one of the Pikachu anime christmas specials, the baby Kangaskhan comes out of its mother's pocket. In that short the mother Kangaskhan also has motherly instincts towards its child, so the clearly are separate creatures. Game Freak, make a Kangaskhan pre-evolution ASAP to solve this madness!

13. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

Why drive a car when you can Fly on your Charizard or on your Skamory or any flying pokemon over 5 ft.

14. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Celebi or Dialga don't like the current games, so they basically combine it to create a better world.

15. 2797jake

2797jake Member

Stunfisk... its just FLAT

16. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

And the only problem with that is that that is the anime.

At any rate, the parent half of the entity could just be psychologically oriented to protect the child half.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  17. Moneyy

Moneyy INACTIVE

Not everyone owns a Pokemon, let alone a flying type big enough to carry a person.

18. FieryLucario

FieryLucario Just a Person

OK, I just saw this post on Tumblr, and it really confuses me. Anyone who has played Mystery Dungeon remembers the purple Kecleon. Well, I always assumed he was shiny, but I came across a shiny Kecleon while online battling. The thing that doesn't make sense is where the heck did the purple Kecleon come from in PMD???

19. Creeper

Creeper om nom nom

It (Kecleon) can change it's body color to any color, but the stripe remains red. The stripe would be the only noticeable difference in a shiny (it's blue).

It probably just changed color.

20. Blaze The Movie Fan

How is one species of a Pokémon of a color something that doesn't make sense? A few Pokémon like that exist in the Pokémon anime.

I don't see how that's illogical.