• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Ti4558

I have to say there are a few evolutions that don't make sense like zigzagoon, a racoon, becoming a anteater.

The Mustache

quiladin's face.... sorry but I needed to say it. What's wrong??? the poor chespin grew up and got squashed inside it's own shell??? o_O

Tonguetyd

I have to say there are a few evolutions that don't make sense like zigzagoon, a racoon, becoming a anteater.

Linoone looks nothing like an anteater, it's more like a badger...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What do people and pokemon eat in the pokemon world?

Pokémon, fruits, vegetables, and artificial foods.

This is due to the misconception that Zigzagoon is actually a raccoon biologically, which it isn't. It is a Pokémon, and so is Linoone. They are the same species. They are merely designed to resemble what we know as raccoons and badgers (Linoone isn't based on an anteater) in order to emphasize a specific theme.

quiladin's face.... sorry but I needed to say it. What's wrong??? the poor chespin grew up and got squashed inside it's own shell??? o_O

As far as I know, Chespin's evolutionary process is meant to parallel the growth of a chestnut.

Last edited:

Ti4558

Lol, I think an anteater was the first thing that came to my mind. I must have been tired when I posted that or something.

That's not true. Rock Throw is a physical move in which the Pokemon doesn't make direct contact. It physically hurts the Pokemon by hitting it with a rock. Same with Seed Bomb.

It has been shown that certain Pokemon (such as Geodude) throw themselves at their opponent when using Rock Throw.

Enjolras

Master of the House
It has been shown that certain Pokemon (such as Geodude) throw themselves at their opponent when using Rock Throw.

However, there are still Pokemon (such as Golem or Sudowoodo) where it seems implausible that they throw their entire body at the opponent. We can then assume there is no direct physical contact.

Tonguetyd

Because the legend is that Arceus created the universe itself, not everything in it, and because Arceus is not based on the Western monotheistic concept of an omnipotent god.

By George, I guess your signature is right.

Ninfia-Fan

I would have thought Linoone was based on an ermine or ferret. I mean, both are fast and have long bodies... Maybe a mix of ermines, ferrets and badgers?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I would have thought Linoone was based on an ermine or ferret. I mean, both are fast and have long bodies... Maybe a mix of ermines, ferrets and badgers?

Linoone looks more like a weasel more than a badger. I do know that the Mienfoo line is based off a mink/ermine

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
How could Ash fantasize about eating a magikarp? I thought Pokemon was life?? What

Atomic Rexx

Don't Care
How could Ash fantasize about eating a magikarp? I thought Pokemon was life?? What
A Magikarp is still a fish-like Pokemon, (because technically fish aren't a thing in the Pokemon world) and lots of people like to eat fish.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Can someone explain to me how Pokémon like Staraptor and Braviary are Normal/Flying instead of just flying?

Not only does it make them neutral to fighting-type moves which is unfair, it also makes no sense.

I mean they do look like pure birds to me.

zhixun

I wonder why Garburias and Glion can not learn fly while their arms looks like a glide. Moreover their flying ability is shown in the anime so it should be in the games.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I wonder why Garburias and Glion can not learn fly while their arms looks like a glide. Moreover their flying ability is shown in the anime so it should be in the games.
...Are those Gabite and Garchomp?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Gaburias is the evolved form of Gabite. The other one is the gliding Pokémon that Satoshi caught in DP.

I know you're talking about Garchomp and Gliscor, but can you please just use the English names?

I will gladly look up the names you're using, but I don't think everyone else feels comfortable doing it.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Gliscor probably can't use the move because the flaps of skin they glide on don't leave any convenient place for their rider to put their legs around so it wouldn't be possible to sit astride one.

I'm not so sure about garchomp though. Its fin might kind of make it hard to ride on its back, but that's a pretty reaching excuse. And the idea that it would object to getting ridden on sounds pretty ridiculous considering hydreigon is perfectly fine with carrying people. It does look as if the only non-flying types that could use the move, fly in the 4th gen had levitate, excepting mew and arceus, so maybe the logic was that it shouldn't be able to Fly if it can't in any way fly (as in be ground proof). That wouldn't explain why it wasn't made able to use the move once the rule got apparently redacted in the 5th gen, but by the looks of it, the developers decided not to allow any pokémon that couldn't use fly in the 4th gen to do so in the 5th onward.

Speaking of fly, here's something kind of funny. While pidgey and spearow could always use the move, natu can't. You'd think that natu would likely have an easier time transporting someone with the aid of telekinesis or something, but nope, it can't get you anywhere. Maybe this was because its pokédex entry says it hops instead of flies, but that wouldn't explain why the doduo line can use the move just fine. Though interestingly enough, doduo's pokédex entries actually never say doduo is completely unable to fly. They only say it can't fly well, while natu apparently "has to hop".

So really, the only questions is how doduo and dodrio's too-small-to-be-seen wings let them fly better than natu's much proportionately larger ones. Even if doduo and dodrio actually jump and run instead of fly (which is how I've honestly always pictured it), natu can apparently jump higher than the height of a grown man, so it shouldn't have any more problems jumping out of reach for as long as a doduo can.

I guess really the transporting argument still stands though.

echo9999

Tamer of Pokemon
I would say that arceus is the god pokemon while mew is the basic form of all life. Which one came first?